|Educational Objective(s)||Not available|
|Number of Game Players||3|
|Number of pieces||8|
|Material Type(s)||Carbon Fibre|
|material_composition||80 Carbon Fiber, 10% ABS, 10% Nylon|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Release date||1 July 2015|
|Mfg Recommended age||14 year and up|
|Item Model Number||500-004|
|Product Dimensions||19.05 x 1.78 x 3.81 cm; 100 Grams|
POWERUP 3.0 Original Smartphone Controlled Paper Airplanes Conversion Kit - Durable Remote Controlled RC Airplane for Beginners, Works with Most Paper Airplane Books
Enhance your purchase
|Model name||3.0 Smartphone Controlled Paper|
|Age range (description)||14 Years +|
About this item
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Bring your favourite “blast from the past” to the present when you turn your paper airplane into a remote-controlled flying machine!
- This multiple award-winning conversion kit features a crash-resistant design and will give your paper plane a massive 180 ft (55m) range - truly a gravity-defying experience.
- Equipped with Bluetooth SMART Technology, you can control your plane with your smartphone through the Power Up app (iOS/Android compatible, check POWERUP website for more details)
- Simple controls are fun for all ages: tilt smartphone/tablet from right to left to manoeuvre and use the throttle lever on the app to ascend and descend
- Features battery level, charging status and range indicators plus an Air Traffic Control attribute. New features! for easy on-boarding - Boost - Nitro for extra Power, In app flight academy, Free template downloads, Gesture control and Game-pad controls
- Contents: POWERUP 3.0 Bluetooth Smart Module, crossbar, spare rudder, spare propeller, 4 sheets of special template paper (2 Cardinal Design, 2 Invader Design), instructions, quick start guide, and mounting display and storage box
- 365 day limited warranty!
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
PowerUp 3.0 durable, crash proof design makes it an easier and more enjoyable option to traditional, bulky and battery intensive remote control helicopters and planes. The PowerUp 3.0 Bluetooth, Smart Module transforms ordinary paper planes into motorized machines, controllable directly from your smartphone. It’s also an educational experience — PowerUp 3.0 meshes origami, physics and incorporates all the components of STEAM, (Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, Math). This unique combination allows for schools and teachers to educate students on the basic principles of flight, aerodynamics, and lift. With 180 feet/ 55 meter range, and 10 minutes of flight time capability, PowerUp 3.0 is the first choice in flight.
POWERUP 3.0 smart module Spare rudder Spare propeller 4x Printed templates Instruction for 2 airplane designs Quick start guide iOS and Android compatibility Mounting display and storage box (Micro USB cable for charging not included)
Included inside and outside the kit.
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The service from power up team was also outstanding. After a few weeks of solid play - we had a crash and power up staff helped us get up and flying again.
Top reviews from other countries
Powerup team wants everybody to make their idea fly with trial and error. Thumbs down.
1. Einige Smartphones haben Verbindungsproblme und finden das Flugzeug garnicht
2. Die richtige Wahl des Papiers
3. Es ist definitiv nicht frustfrei
4. Man braucht extrem viel Übung bis man länger fliegen kann
5. Die Appsteuerung ist etwas friemelig, sodass man eigentlich immer eine zweite Person braucht, welche das Flugzeug wirft
Allerdings muss ich sagen es ist ein lustiger Spaß, welcher für eine gewisse Zeit definitiv für Unterhaltung sorgt, aber es landet meiner Meinung nach recht schnell in einer Ecke und wird vergessen, weil Flugdauer und Flugspaß doch recht kurz sind.
Falls dieser Bericht hilfreich war würde ich mich auf einen Klick auf nützlich freuen. Danke.
I received it at Christmas, and carefully folded a template printed from the power up website, checked the plane would glide well, the set out for the field with my two boys...
And it flew, in a controllable way - i managed to fly out for about 30 seconds before bringing it to the ground as it was some distance away!
The next flight was better, and I did right and left turns before it came down. Then I gave both my boys a try, but honestly, the paper plane was already wet from the grass, and although each managed to fly it a little, it was just too heavy to stay aloft...
So... I will wait until it is a little warmer, and dryer in the spring and probably take two folded aircraft to the local field so I can really learn how to fly.
As a tip, it is really important to accurately fold the template, then check that the paper plane (with power up propeller added) glides straight and level before adding power, then power provides lift, to keep it up, and the tiny rudder will be able to control it.
If without power, your plane dives to the ground, or stalls - or turns one way or the other, then the power up machine will not be able to fix this...
Good luck, and happy flying!