Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Pam Wattenbarger
Pam Wattenbarger wants to live in a world where calories don't count and desserts are enjoyed before every meal. As a native Southerner, she's been influenced by home style Southern cooking all her life. When confronted with family members with Celiac disease, dairy allergies, and diabetes, she began recreating the traditional dishes, minus the allergens and the fat, including adjusting to preparing gluten-free dishes that are still full of flavor.
If she's not baking or cooking, you can find her gardening, daydreaming of travel, or wrangling sheep. Connect with Pam at her website SimplySouthernMom.com or on Facebook at her recipe and tip group: SimplySouthernMomrecipestips.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Pam Wattenbarger
Gluten-free made easy with meal prep
Cooking delicious, nutritious meals on a daily basis can be a challenge, especially when you need to take food sensitivities into account. The Gluten-Free Meal Prep Cookbook helps take the stress and decisions out of mealtime, with 12 weeks of make-ahead recipes for eating gluten-free while saving time, money, and effort. Whether you’re new to meal prepping or a seasoned pro, you’ll find tricks and tools to spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying gluten-free favorites.
This meal prep cookbook features:
- Smart ingredients—Keep your costs and food waste down with 90 recipes based on accessible, affordable ingredients that you can use for multiple dishes.
- Packing and storing—Every recipe tells you how to pack and store the meals into individual servings or into one container that serves four, and offers tips for thawing and reheating.
- Easy instructions—All 12 meal plans include complete shopping lists and foolproof steps for prepping your meals for the week.
Bring the convenience of meal prepping to a gluten-free diet with The Gluten-Free Meal Prep Cookbook.
Traditional Southern tastes. Modern air-fried convenience.
There’s a smarter, easier way to combine generations of delicious Southern tradition with the ease of modern cooking. The Southern Air Fryer Cookbook shows you how you can cook up authentic—and lighter—takes on the heart and soul of down-home cooking with your air fryer.
It might not be just like Grandma made, but it is just as good. Find out how air frying not only makes cooking simpler, it also helps you cut down on oil and uncomfortable heat in the kitchen without sacrificing a bit of crispy goodness. Whether it’s Hushpuppies, Two-Cheese Grits, Barbecue Country-Style Ribs, or Apple Fritters, this air fryer cookbook will fill your plates up fast with dozens of tasty classic comfort foods.
This complete air fryer cookbook includes:
- 75 Southern delights—Sample a collection of family favorites, true classics, and modern twists perfect for Southern chefs or people looking for a little Southern inspiration.
- Lighter fare, same great tastes—Let this air fryer cookbook show you how you can lighten up these delectable dishes with the power of an air fryer.
- Air frying essentials—This air fryer cookbook is filled with expert advice for making the most of your air fryer, including tips for choosing the right one, cleaning, troubleshooting, and more.
Bring the taste of the South straight to your table with this must-have air fryer cookbook.
The New Southern Cookbook redefines the taste of tradition with southern comfort recipes for modern times.
Southern food has brought comfort to families and friends for generations. To pass on the tradition, The New Southern Cookbook serves updated classics along with original recipes for today’s table.
These homestyle recipes feature memorable meals along with fresh favorites that are destined to become classics. With a healthy twist on every dish—save the deep-fried food for special occasions—The New Southern Cookbook offers lighter, more healthful versions of down south recipes that you can eat any day of the week.
From heirloom recipes like Easy Shrimp Creole to new comfort foods like Breaded Pork Chops with Avocado Peach Salsa, The New Southern Cookbook guarantees that friends and family will never leave the table hungry with:
- An introduction to the southern kitchen that helps you prepare your kitchen and pantry with staple ingredients and equipment
- Classic family recipes like Fried Chicken and Buttermilk Pie that have stood the test of time
- Updated and new family recipes that offer healthier variations on suppertime staples like Squash Puppies and Bacon Pimento Cheese, plus new dishes like Honey Grilled Peaches and Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin
Whether you were born with a taste for southern cuisine or developed it, The New Southern Cookbook serves up recipes for the next generation of home cooks and their families.