Panasonic Video Baby Monitor with Remote Pan/Tilt/Zoom, Extra Long Audio/Video Range, 2 Way Talk and Lullaby or Noises - 1 Camera KX-HN4101W (White) Updated 2019 Version
|Price:||+ $21.38 Delivery|
Enhance your purchase
- Long range audio/ video - experience clear, secure Audio/ video signal strength up to twice the range of comparable video baby monitors
- Smart sensor alerts – monitor baby’s room with temperature, motion, and sound-triggered alerts built into the video camera and parent baby monitor Viewer
- (Updated 2019) long battery life - high quality video baby monitor includes improved long-life built-in battery charging for up to 13 hours of standby time and up to 5 hours of continuous baby monitor use in or outside the home
- 2-Way baby/ parent talk - enjoy clear sound with noise reduction to suppress background interference while listening or soothing baby. Microphones and speakers in video camera and baby monitor
- (Updated 2019) complete video baby monitoring system - easy remote pan, tilt and zoom with an improved Monochrome night vision camera, 3.5-In color monitor with long-life built-in battery charging, camera wall mount and AC adapter
Product detailsStyle Name:One Camera
- Batteries : 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Product Dimensions : 18.29 x 13.21 x 15.24 cm; 226.8 Grams
- Date First Available : 25 September 2019
- Manufacturer : Panasonic
- ASIN : B07T5PYL2D
- Item Model Number : KX-HN4101W
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Panasonic easy-to-use video baby monitor uses the same clear and secure (non-wifi) long-range DECT technology found in its top-selling Cordless home phone systems. Dect systems offer clear, secure and interference-free signal strength up to 1500 feet*. more than the length of four football fields, and twice the range of comparable monitors. Anywhere in or outside the home you can clearly and continually keep tabs on your child. The KX-HN4101W Baby monitor includes a bright 3.5-In. Color monitor and easy controls that sync to an improved wide-eyed, wall-mountable monochrome night vision camera in the baby's room (The KX-HN4101W system is expandable up to four cameras). The video camera can be controlled remotely to pan, tilt and zoom The camera from the baby monitor to look in on your child anytime. Improved long-life, built-in battery charging in the monitor stores power for up to 13 hours of standby time and up to 5 hours of power for continuous use. A smart motion sensor alerts you when the baby is awake or crying. A temperature sensor alerts you if the room is above or below a range you set. When activated, sensors sound a chime, illuminate a LED on the monitor and display notifications on the monitors screen. Microphones and speakers in both video camera and baby monitor enable 2-way talk with anyone in the room. And, you can play gentle, soothing sounds that include five types of White noise and a choice of lullabies. Notices: *1500 feet achievable in straight line-of-sight. Actual distance will vary based on some types of objects in the path.
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Unlike WiFi-based baby monitors, I prefer the ones that CANNOT be viewed on the internet because there is always a possibility that someone could hack into the camera and start spying or messing with the baby (like screaming at night to scare the sleeping child!)
Our main concerns were image quality (especially night-time), good sound and viewing monitor, and minimal interference from other radio signals.
- Great video quality during the day, and good vision during the night
- NEW features over the older KX-HN3001W model: longer battery life, camera zoom, and slightly better night vision quality
- Closed-circuit in the sense that it does not operate over the Internet. It uses the local radio frequency instead, and as such, only your house (and maybe your immediate neighbors) can
view the video feed
- Far less interference from the microwave or cordless phones (what DECT technology is designed to do)
- DECT technology supposedly provides for a more clear, secure signal for up to 1,500 ft in a straight line-of-sight with no obstacles in the path. With that said, this camera system was able to maintain a strong signal strength from about 18 rooms on a Carnival cruise ship. The signal strength ultimately depends on the types of walls the are between the camera and monitor units
- This newer model seems to have fixed the random camera movement issue that bothered some users of the older version. FYI, Panasonic never publicly addressed why the older model erratically moved on its own from time to time
- This newer model is currently on sale for $132 (down from $150), whereas its predecessor, the KX-HN3001W costs $150
- Monitor unit's screen displays video well
- Can adjust sound and motion sensitivity sensors (so it would pick up when the baby cries but not when there is just white noise, for example)
- Can adjust the temperature alert
- Camera can be moved: pan, tilt + zoom (NEW)
- Long battery life (about 5 hours of use, 13 hours on standby)
- Additional cameras can be added so you can monitor multiple rooms (3 max for a total of 4 cameras, the same as the Infant Optics)
- Sound on the monitor can be turned off or lowered, and to only alert you via a beep when noise or motion is detected
- Monitor screen can be turned off and configured to only turn on automatically upon detecting movement or sound
- Night vision that automatically turns on when it gets dark
- Two-way microphone, although I have found that our son freaks out when he hears someone speaking through the camera (he still remembers that at nearly 4 years old!)
- Camera can stand on its own or be mounted to the wall (we prefer the latter)
- Built-in sound machine, including ocean, heart beat, rain, vacuum, fan, etc.
- Like its older KX-HN3001W model, the build quality on this newer generation is also good
- Priced with a better value than the Infant Optics that only comes with a single camera
- Product packaging and manual for my KX-HN4102W model state 2 cameras, but only 1 came included. I will be contacting Panasonic to see how I can get the missing, 2nd unit shipped [UPDATE 3/31/2020: Panasonic said to contact Amazon to work out a solution. The manufacturer won't send any missing parts, a shocking response/policy despite escalating to the rep's supervisor. Based on this policy, I advise you to check your product immediately for any missing parts before your Amazon return/exchange period expires.]
- Can only view 1 camera at a time (no multiple cameras on the same screen)
- Night vision mode works until about about 6' after which the quality starts to degrade
- Camera cannot tilt Up. It only tilts left, right, and down
- Monitor screen cannot be set to automatically cycle through each camera, which the Infant Optics one allows you to do
- No built-in night light to help the baby sleep/adult to see the baby
- Cannot have multiple monitor units link with the same set of cameras (only 1 monitor can be used)
- Camera unit runs on AC power only. The monitor screen runs on a rechargeable battery so it can be moved around easily
- When monitor unit is out of camera unit range, it makes 2 beep sounds
- The monitor screen goes blank after a while, but turns back on upon detecting noise or movement, then beeps to notify you
- You can add an additional camera, but not a 2nd monitor
- Video cannot be viewed from a mobile device. It can only be seen with the monitor unit
- There is no video recording
- Once your baby has grown up, you can repurpose this product to monitor around your house instead, such as checking when somebody is at the front door
Overall, this is a great set of camera/monitor combination that can be expanded with 3 additional cameras, plays some white noise to help ease the baby to sleep, and minimizes signal interference a bit with DECT technology. Short of missing the second camera, which Panasonic will certainly remediate once I have a chance to contact them, this review could have been 5 stars. [UPDATE 3/31/2020: Panasonic said to contact Amazon to work out a solution. The manufacturer won't send any missing parts, a shocking response/policy despite escalating to the rep's supervisor. Based on this policy, I advise you to check your product immediately for any missing parts before your Amazon return/exchange period expires.]
If you found this review helpful, please click the "Helpful" button below to encourage me to write more. Thank you!
Reviewed in the United States on 27 December 2020
Like it. The sound and picture are very clear. There is also a setting which gives alerts if you want to turn down volume. This comes in handy at night. I bought this for the long range because we have a big yard and I wanted it to work while outside. Haven’t tested that yet. This replaced our Motorola that broke and I wasn’t that happy with that one. I would definitely recommend the Panasonic over the Motorola.