Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Peter Kent
Peter Kent is a best-selling author (over 60 books for major US publishers during the last 35 years) and journalist who writes about wide variety of subjects. His most recent book is a down-to-earth, commonsense look at the COVID-19 epidemic, but his published work over the decades has covered subjects as diverse as digital marketing, cryptocurrency and cryptocurrency mining, sex, skiing, politics, Internet technology, and more.
Kent has a reputation for taking complicated technical subjects and breaking them down into bite-sized pieces that non-experts can digest and understand. He's a researcher and teacher, who loves to learn new subjects...and there's no better way to learn a subject than to research it and then explain it to someone else.
Whether he's writing books and articles, writing and producing online courses, working with consulting clients, or explaining technical subjects to attorneys, judges, and juries (he's an experienced expert witness in litigation related to Internet technology and digital marketing)...he's a teacher, helping non-experts understand a range of subjects.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Peter Kent
Up relevance scores, improve page speed, optimize voice search questions, and more!
Search Engine Optimization For Dummies shows website owners, developers, and search engine optimizers (SEOs) how to create a website that ranks at the top of search engines and has high-volume traffic, while answering the essential question of "how do I get people to visit my site?"
By understanding search engine basics (what are they, which ones are important, how to get started), building a search engine-friendly site, registering your site with directories and indexes, using analysis tools to track results and link popularity to boost rankings, and advertising your site by using pay-per-click options, you can use the tricks of SEO masters to drive traffic to your site. You'll also discover how to write effective content, use social media to boost your profile, and manage your platform and reputation to positively impact your search engine rankings.
- Develop a search strategy and use new SERP features
- Maximize the effects of personalized search
- Analyze results with improved analytics tools
- Optimize voice search strategies
There’s no time like the present to create a website that ranks at the top of search engines and drives traffic to your site with these tips, tricks, and secrets.
Learn the skills to get in on the crypto craze
The world of cryptocurrency includes some of the coolest technologies and most lucrative investments available today. And you can jump right into the middle of the action with Cryptocurrency All-in-One For Dummies, a collection of simple and straightforward resources that will get you up to speed on cryptocurrency investing and mining, blockchain, Bitcoin, and Ethereum.
Stop scouring a million different places on the web and settle in with this one-stop compilation of up-to-date and reliable info on what's been called the "21st century gold rush." So, whether you're just looking for some fundamental knowledge about how cryptocurrency works, or you're ready to put some money into the markets, you'll find what you need in one of the five specially curated resources included in this book.
Cryptocurrency All-in-One For Dummies will help you:
- Gain an understanding of how cryptocurrency works and the blockchain technologies that power cryptocurrency
- Find out if you're ready to invest in the cryptocurrency market and how to make smart decisions with your cash
- Build a cryptocurrency mining rig out of optimized and specifically chosen computing hardware
- Dive into the details of leading cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum
Perfect for anyone curious and excited about the potential that's been unlocked by the latest in cryptocurrency tech, this book will give you the foundation you need to become a savvy cryptocurrency consumer, investor, or miner before you know it.
Find out the essentials of cryptocurrency mining
The cryptocurrency phenomenon has sparked a new opportunity mine for virtual gold, kind of like the prospectors of a couple centuries back. This time around, you need some tech know-how to get into the cryptocurrency mining game.
This book shares the insight of two cryptocurrency insiders as they break down the necessary hardware, software, and strategies to mine Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, LiteCoin, and Dash. They also provide insight on how to stay ahead of the curve to maximize your return on investment.
- Get the tech tools and know-how to start mining
- Pick the best cryptocurrency to return your investment
- Apply a sound strategy to stay ahead of the game
- Find cryptocurrency value at the source
From the basics of cryptocurrency and blockchain to selecting the best currency to mine, this easy-to-access book makes it easy to get started today!
This down-to-earth, commonsense look at the pandemic, from best-selling author Peter Kent, brings it all together and breaks it down for you. Not only will you learn what you can do to protect your family from the virus, but you'll get a solid understanding of what it's all about. From what a coronavirus is and how it attacks your body, to why much of what you'll hear about the pandemic is wrong...from why the "6-foot rule" is a bare minimum, to the reasons this pandemic is so much more serious than the flu, to when we can expect a vaccine.
• The terminology of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic
• Why viruses are not "alive"
• What SARS and MERS are, and why it matters
• How you've been infected with coronaviruses your whole life (you may have them in your brain right now!)
• How kissing camels got people sick in a previous coronavirus epidemic
• What a severe acute respiratory sickness is ... and SARI and ILI, too
• Why we use the term coronavirus
• Where the coronavirus pandemic came from
• The 11 reasons the pandemic is so much more serious than flu
• Why the pandemic won't be stopped by hot weather
• The 3 ways the virus spreads
• The danger of the superspreader
• How long the SARS-CoV-2 virus "lives" on surfaces
• The best ways to protect yourself and stay safe
• Dealing with groceries, deliveries, and mail in self-isolation
• How to get tested (and how the tests work)
• How far the virus can really float between people
• The high-risk groups you never hear about
Coronavirus and COVID-19: What It Is, How to Avoid It, How to Survive It is a commonsense guide to the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. Kent cuts through the nonsense to get down to the nuts and bolts, pulling no punches when confronting the misinformation you've been exposed to (you were told that masks wouldn't might even hurt, weren't you, even by respected news sources? ... nonsense from the start!).
• Why we're lucky (it could be much worse)
• Ways to build your immunity
• What do do if you're self-isolating and a family member or roommate works
• Which cleansing products work against the virus, and which don't
• How soap kills the virus...and why you don't need antibacterial soap
• How to clean surfaces if you run out of household cleansers
• How to make hand sanitizer if you can't buy it
• The dirty secret lurking in public bathrooms (hint, use the paper towels, not the blowers!)
• The facts about money and the virus
• The symptoms of COVID-19 and why only a test will tell for sure
• Why gloves are not much help
• The mathematics of self-isolation and flattening the curve
• ...and much more
With over 90 illustrations, more than 700 links to useful, interesting, and even entertaining resources on the Web, Coronavirus and COVID-19: What It Is, How to Avoid It, How to Survive It will will turn you into a COVID-19 expert.
Peter Kent is a best-selling author of around 60 books and online courses (and hundreds of newspaper and periodical articles) over the last 35 years, on subjects from the World W
Untangle the steps to mine crypto, including new coins and services
The cryptocurrency market moves quickly and miners and investors need the latest information to stay ahead of the game. This edition of Cryptocurrency Mining For Dummies has the insight you need to get started with mining. You'll learn what goes into building a mining rig that can complete cryptocurrency transactions and reap the rewards in the form of new coin. You also discover how to join existing mining programs. Whatever your crypto goals, Dummies will make it easy for you to understand, engage in, and invest in mining. You'll even get an up-to-date primer on the evolving legal situation and an idea of what to expect in the future of crypto.
- Understand the basics of mining cryptocurrency and get started with your own mining operation
- Explore the latest cryptocurrencies and mining services so you can mine your own or invest wisely
- Get involved in crypto mining with the hardware you already have, or build a new, powerful mining machine
- Become an expert on the latest mining trends so you can identify new ways to profit in the crypto space
With this book, you've got insider advice on choosing which cryptos to mine, riding out market fluctuations, creating pool accounts, and more. There's no time like the present to get started with crypto mining.
A primer on the currency alternative that's changing the world
Bitcoin can be a bit puzzling to the uninitiated. Ledger? Blockchain? Mining? These cryptocurrency concepts aren't going away, and there are tremendous opportunities for those with some know-how to get onboard with the crypto culture. Bitcoin For Dummies helps you get un-puzzled, learn the Bitcoin basics, and discover the possibilities in the new world of digital currencies.
With this 100% new edition, you can step into the fascinating culture of cryptocurrency and learn how to use Bitcoin as a currency or an investment vehicle. A little bit of knowledge will go a long way, and you’ll be ready to sail smoothly ahead as the crypto tsunami advances.
- Demystify Bitcoin and learn how to buy and sell cryptocurrency
- Create a digital wallet and make everyday purchases using Bitcoin
- Discover the ins and outs of investing in Bitcoin and other up-and-coming cryptocurrencies
- Participate in the cutting-edge culture of crypto
Bitcoin For Dummies is great for beginning Bitcoin users and investors who need to know the basics about getting started with Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
search engines can read the pages, somehow you have
to get the search systems — the engines and directories — to
include your site. That’s hard if you don’t know what you’re
This book shows you how to take advantage of the power
of search engine optimization (also known as SEO) to optimize
your websites and web pages to rank well in the search
engines. In these pages, I demystify the world of search
engines and discuss what you need to do to give your site the
best possible chance of high search engine rankings.
If you want potential customers to form a traffic jam at your Web site, Pay Per Click just might do the trick. This book will help you decide! It tells you all about Google AdWords and Yahoo! Sponsored Search, targeting your customers, watching out for fraud, assessing the pros and cons of Pay Per Click, and making Pay Per Click work for you.
Discover how to
- Use the right keywords to trigger your ads
- Figure your breakeven point
- Write ads that reach your customers
- Calculate return on investment
- Use geo targeting
- Track your ad results
Groundbreaking strategies for reaching millions of customers online and boosting traffic, sales, and profits
This full-color, seminar-in-a-book presents a proven plan for maximizing your online profits by leveraging the top three services: eBay, Yahoo! and Google. You’ll learn to: expand an existing eBay business to reach millions of targeted buyers; Open a Yahoo! store to build a thriving direct-to-customer business; and send more customers to their online retail business with improved search engine placement and targeted adword buys using Google. How to Make Money Online with eBay,Yahoo!, and Google explains how to use cross-merchandising and integration strategies to promote sales and manage inventory across multiple sales channels.