Other Sellers on Amazon
Pitmaster: Recipes, Techniques, and Barbecue Wisdom Hardcover – Illustrated, 26 July 2017
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes, plus 10 minutes cooling and a 1-day cure
This might be the most-used pickle in our kitchens. We use them in eggs, salsas, sandwiches, Micheladas (see page TK), slaws, and on pretty much anything else we can think of. It’s best to always have a batch in your refrigerator. Yield: About 1 quart (946 ml).
Place the sliced jalapeños in a quart-sized (946 ml) Mason jar and set aside.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until the kosher salt and sugar have dissolved. Remove the brine from the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Pour the brine over the jalapeños, making sure they are entirely covered by brine. Let cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
- 40 jalapeños, cut into 1∕8-to ¼-inch (3 to 6 mm) rings
- 2 cups (475 ml) white vinegar
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 large clove of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
About the Author
- Publisher : Fair Winds Press; Illustrated edition (26 July 2017)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1592337589
- ISBN-13 : 978-1592337583
- Dimensions : 21.34 x 2.16 x 26.16 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 20,520 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: