What I liked:
- Great picture quality at 1080P (SEE VIDEO I posted, looks much better in person).
- Great speaker audio quality for the size constraints (SEE VIDEO I posted, but don't expect deep bass).
- Included Cables (mini HDMI isn't common for most people but is a must for Switch Dock).
- Included Screen Protector (this is a bonus).
- Included Cover that's magnetically attached and easily adjusted for viewing angles.
- Included User Manual that is well put together and easy to follow.
- Can run the whole setup off a USB battery bank and take this camping or use at the park or wherever. I have an Anker PowerCore 26800 that can run the monitor and charge my phone or Switch.
- Stays relatively cool while using (power supply's are external).
- Great for SAMSUNG DeX use;
- - Turns my phone into a chromebook (using Logitec MX Master 3 mouse and MX Keys keyboard) and charges it while I use it. I'm writing this review in this mode.
- - Disney+, and Netflix(in DeX developer mode) work great. Amazon Prime Video DRM blocks video output.
- - Use DeX MAX app for better application display if you encounter issues.
- - DeX Screen Mirroring works great on Galaxy S8+ (less resource/battery use than DeX for watching movies).
-Great for Nintendo Switch use (mainly why I bought it);
- - Works with the Switch Dock via HDMI perfectly.
- - Works via USB-C mode and charges the Switch! (make sure you use the Switch power supply or another heavy duty one that can support the wattage load of this setup).**Note** YouTube audio via USB-C doesn't work due to a Nintendo/YouTube software issue (not the monitor's fault). All other Switch/gaming audio comes through just fine.
- - Video Games look amazing on this and it's highly portable. Breath of the Wild is awesome on this with a pro controller.
Areas for improvement:
- The included Screen Protector doesn't have instructions for installation. It's hard enough to put a screen protector on a phone, let alone a 15.6" monitor. I got a few dust bubbles but they are transparent while using head on or in low light environments. The Screen Protector is a bonus and not required, but this could be done at the factory for even more added value and protection.
- The "Roll Key" for volume and video control is probably a weak point, but is mounted relatively flush with the power button. A dual button setup like the power button for up/down would be more durable a cleaner look and less prone to snagging on a backpack or something.
- I wish the (power delivery?) USB-C port was on the same side as the A/V connections but it looks like there probably wasn't enough real estate to get it all on one side with the speakers.
- BUY YOUR OWN power supply. The power supply (MKC-0502000SU) that's included is "cute". It's $1.50 on Alibaba and says it's rated for 15 watts. For laptop use as an extended desktop, powering only the monitor that would be fine, but If you are going to run a phone/Switch and the monitor you really need a good quality 30+ Watt rated power supply (manual recommends 16+ watts). A Switch with JoyCons uses 12.1 Watts, so that's not leaving much room for the monitor on the included 15 watt power supply. It is ALWAYS better to have less load on a power supply than what it is rated for. You won't risk under powering your electronics this way and the power supply should also have better heat dissipation for safety and durability.
Overall, this monitor is a Beast for it's price, and brings way more options for productivity and entertainment while on the go.