|Part Number||Reolink Argus 2|
|Product Dimensions||5.89 x 9.6 x 5.79 cm; 725.75 Grams|
|Item Model Number||Reolink Argus 2|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Special Features||100% Wire Free, Battery-operated, Weatherproof, 2-Way Audio|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
|Item Weight||726 g|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $14.52 delivery
Reolink Argus 2 Rechargeable Battery-Powered Outdoor Wireless Security Camera, 1080p HD Solar Camera, Wire-Free Starlight Color Night Vision w/PIR Motion Sensor & SD Socket
- [Rechargeable Battery & Solar Panel Powered] With a micro USB connector on the battery, the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi camera can be fully charged by universal 5V 2A phone adapter in 4 hrs. Or get non-stop power charged by solar panel ( No power adapter or Solar Panel packed in)
- [100% Wire Free & Weatherproof] No wire at all. No need base station. Supports up to 64G SD card for motion recording. Supports IP65 weatherproof for both indoor and outdoor use.
- [1080p Starlight Color Night Vision] 2MP clear and bright video image. With Starlight image sensor can support 36ft color night vision.
- [PIR Motion Sensor & 2-Way Audio] Triggered by PIR motion sensor with more accurate alarm. Can listen and talk via Reolink FREE app.
- [After Sales Service & Warranty] Lifetime technical support and 2 years warranty for all Reolink produccts.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Reolink Wireless Rechargeable Battery-Powered WiFi Security Camera
Based on 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, the wireless security camera is the easiest ever intuitive installation and the area it mounted looks clean and 100% wire free.
No dependency on any technical expert, you can set the wireless battery cameras in 60 seconds by your own. Mounts and other accessories help Argus 2 blend in any placement for indoor or outdoor use.
Full HD Starlight Night Vision
Get crystal and sharp videos/images with true 1080p Full HD. Starlight CMOS sensor offers up to clearer night vision in 33 feet.
130° Wide Viewing Angle
Wider field of vision to cover more and see more. The battery powered outdoor camera with 130° wide viewing angle never miss a detail.
Motion Detection Record
Instant motion alerts via email or notifications push to your device once triggered. Live view with two-way audio get you involved right away.
Secure Cloud Service
Motion triggered recordings can be uploaded to the cloud as an option. The encrypted Cloud service provides off-site backup and allows you to access and play back video history anytime, from anywhere.
Works with Google Assistant
Hands-free smart home control experience by saying “Hey Google, show me the backyard” and you will see live feed from the camera on your Google Nest Hub or Chromecast-enabled TVs.
Lasting Power with Solar Option
Equipped with a rechargeable battery, Reolink Argus 2 has long lasting power per charge that saves your energy. It can also get non-stop power when working with Reolink solar panel (Sold separately).
1080p Starlight Solar Powered Rechargeable Battery Camera
- Not work with 5GHz Wi-Fi;
- Not support 24/7 continuous recording or NVR
- Solar panel and power adapter sold separately
- SD card not included/support max 64GB/ FAT32 format
- Not support ONVIF/third-party Apps
- Video Format: H.264
- Wireless Security: WEP(ASCII)/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
- WiFi Standard: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 131° F
What's in the box?
- 1x Argus 2 Camera including Rechargeable Battery
- 1x Outdoor Security Mount (with a hook & loop strap)
- 1x Wall Mount
- 1x Micro USB Cable
- 1x White Skin (with a small rope)
- 1x Quick Start Guide
- 1x Surveillance Sign
- Other Accessories for Installation
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have connected my cameras to existing solar panels I have from a Swann wireless system, but any solar panel with a micro usb connector will fit the camera. I also used the old Swann magnetic mounts I have in place and these cameras stick to them perfectly.
They are reliable and even when viewing remotely they will connect quickly (which my previous system did not do every time). The resolution of the camera is acceptable when on higher resolution settings, especially considering its wireless.
I like how the software embeds the date and time in the recording (this setting can be customised in the app).
In relation to the app. I can only speak of the iPhone app, but I feel like it could be improved. Things such as having Thumbnails of all cameras on one screen like a traditional security camera monitor would be nice (this can be done temporarily, but defaults back to single cameras).
Overall I am impressed with the quality and features of this product.
I originally had the swann battery operated cameras and these were terrible compared to these. Reolinks motion detection is spot on, app loads super quick, exceeded all my expectations. The only negative I must point out (although the night vision is still great) is that there's no spot light for night view.
The only issue I had with setup was connecting the camera with my google assistant. This was a bit tricky and I couldn't work it out.
I reached out to reolink support and my support team member Peter was persistent and attentive in resolving the issue.
All sorted now! Great service and product!
Likes - motion detector, night vision, live view monitor, camera feed share with other Reolink app users, wireless.
Dislikes - rechargeable battery is good, but I would recommend getting the solar panel for it.
I would recommend this product if you are looking for an outdoor security camera that is not expensive.
All in all it’s a pretty good system
Top reviews from other countries
Reolink Argus 2 – better than the Blink XT
If this camera had free cloud storage and long lasting batteries like the Blink XT it would easily be the best and it still is due to some cool features but it is not by a lot.
I will be reviewing the Reolink Argus 2 and then comparing it to the Blink XT (another battery operated camera that is owned by Amazon and if you spend more than 5 minutes of researching battery operated cameras you will see it so hopefully this will be helpful lol). Also, I bought the Ring Spotlight battery camera as well and will update this review once I compare that one for all you researchers.
I got this for 20 bucks off the 130 price on Amazon, it was a lightning deal. There is no number to call this company you have to email them but so far the pros outweigh the cons.
- Instant notifications. This is huge for me. For the BXT there nothing in the instructions that I saw says this and I read it from other reviewers but it only notifies you AFTER its done recording. The lowest time to record I believe is 8 seconds so that means you won’t get alerted for 1-2 seconds after that for your phone to actually receive so like 10 seconds compares to Reolink’s 1-2 seconds without the delay.
- Much better at night, the Reolink has more Infrared lights and has this starlight future which makes the picture more clear in color at night and black/white feature
- It does have a siren or pre-recorded alarm. Other reviewers/questions said you cannot manually trigger the siren and that its motion activated. This is one of the reasons why I bought the Ring as well because I want to trigger an alarm if needed not have it motion activated for obvious reasons like a mailman coming to the door. You can shut this feature off if you want. However, you can set a pre-recorded alarm and only have it at night like “go away, I am watching you, leave right now” something like that or you can trigger the siren which is like 2-3 seconds and not very loud but in the middle of the night with not much noise it would hopefully spook a bad person away.
- It does have 2-way audio. This is mostly going to be used if you use it at your front door as “doorbell camera” I have the Nest doorbell (bought it over the Ring doorbell in case you are interested in one of those as well) For example, if you are at the grocery store or work and the delivery person is your door you can tell the person to leave it. Honestly, I don’t even use this feature because I don’t want to spook the person on the other end but its cool to have it and if you have kids im sure they would enjoy using this feature. I use it to spook my mother in law and sister in law when they come over!!
- Does come with an outdoor “skin” whereas the BXT does not. As I am typing this it sounds like I am just hating on the Blink XT which is kind of true but I am trying to educate as many reviewing “friends” as I can. It has rained like 7 straight days here in New Hampshire and the camera on the BXT keeps getting fogged up/rain droplets on it and the Argus 2 has this protective lip on top of it with the case you can put on it that would solve that problem.
- It does have local storage that I briefly mentioned earlier. Some people are paranoid with their videos going to their cloud. Mine is just of the back door of my house so I don’t care but your storage has to go to a memory card or you can pay for the cloud feature. It was free in beta stage up until very recently.
Cons/Comparison to Blink XT
- Not long lasting batteries (Reolink and Ring both last 1-2 months compared to Blink’s 1-2 years)
- In the future you have to pay for cloud storage it used to be free
- Slow to open notifications especially not on WIFI
- You have to look at live view before seeing the recorded clip meaning when you open the app after a motion alert you then have to click the playback button there should be a setting of which one you want.
- The company is in China. When I had questions about the BXT or Ring I called them. I have seen other reviewers who are emailing the company it days and sometimes weeks since China is many hours ahead of us. I called Ring last Saturday night at like 10pm (was bored and yes researching, a favorite hobby of mine and I got a hold of nice girl…you can’t do that if you have a question with Reolink so let’s hope I don’t have any issues!
*** I am going to be returning the BXT for the Reolink Argus 2 and am waiting for the Ring Spotlight battery cam but that is $200 (I called Ring and got 5% off – ALWAYS CALL PLACES TO GET COUPON CODES) so I got it for $190. The BXT and Argus 2 was 130 but got both for 110 and the Ring you have to pay $3 dollars a month of $30 dollars for the year to record with the Ring. Not sure if it’s worth it yet though!
I am going to attach two similar pictures to show the differences in quality at night. The one without the time stamp at the top is the BXT.
I also attached a picture showing myself on the BXT to show you that due to low quality at night (which is when I want to rely on a camera the most, most likely) you can’t make out the features in my face.
*** If you found this review helpful, please click helpful so I am encouraged to keep writing updates and the other battery operated cameras I am testing : )
- One final note if you are considering an indoor camera and you don’t care if its wired the Nest cam is awesome and records 24/7 non-stop so you won’t miss anything whereas most cameras including all the others I have talked about only record in motion clips.
!!!!!!!Thanks for reading this all!!!!!!!