Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Raising Capital For Dummies® 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Whether you’re just starting your business and need a little seed capital to launch your first product, or you’re looking for a little help expanding an established business into a new market, this friendly guide helps you get the financing you need to realize your dreams. You’ll discover how to:
- Tap personal sources of financing, as well as family and friends
- Approach customers and vendors for financing
- Hook up with commercial lenders
- Find angel investors
- Get an SBA loan
- Raise cash through private equity offerings
- Woo and win investment bankers and venture capitalists
Venture capital guru, Joseph Bartlett explains in plain English the capital-raising strategies and techniques used by some of today’s most successful businesses, including tried-and-true methods for:
- Assessing your financial needs and creating a solid financial plan
- Researching sources of financing and making first contact
- Finding, contacting, and convincing angels
- Getting your customers to finance your company
- Understanding and exploiting matching services
- Exploring commercial banks, savings institutions, credit unions, finance companies, and the SBA
- Qualifying for a loan
- Working with placement agents
- Raising cash through IPOs and mergers
From raising seed capital and funds for expansion to IPOs and acquisitions, Raising Capital For Dummies shows you how to get the money you need to survive and thrive in today’s winner-take-all marketplace.
Kindle Monthly Deals
New deals each month starting at $1.49. Learn more
The newest how-to book for novices from Wiley Publishing Inc., the publishers of the popular "Dummies" series, comes at what could be a wickedly good time. With venture capitalists retrenching and so-called angel investors burned by the dot-com meltdown, fund-raising has become a tough task for venture capitalists.
"There's a lot of places to look for money that just doesn't occur to people," said Joseph Bartlett, co-author of the "Raising Capital for Dummies " book.
Offering advice from finding government resources to tapping friends and family members for cash without causing feuds, the Dummies guide walks business execs from the "embryo to the IPO" stages of a company's cash needs, says Mr. Bartlett.
If all else fails and a fund-raising effort comes up short, there's another guide that might be worth checking out: "Job Hunting for Dummies. (The Wall Street Journal, September 6, 2002) --This text refers to the paperback edition.
About the Author
Peter Economy, author of Consulting For Dummies and other books, is a business consultant. --This text refers to the paperback edition.
- ASIN : B004ZGKS0W
- Publisher : For Dummies; 1st edition (27 April 2011)
- Language : English
- File size : 2588 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 419 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 1,006,208 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: