- Get 90 DAYS FREE of Amazon Music Unlimited with purchase of an eligible product. Listen FREE for 90 days. Learn more here.
Rankie USB Network Adapter, USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit (Black)
|Hardware Interface||USB 3.0|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||25 x 192 x 15 millimetres|
|Data Link Protocol||USB, Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet|
About this item
- Note: not compatible with Nintendo Switch. Portable USB to Ethernet adapter connects a USB 3.0 (backwards compatible with USB 2.0) equipped computer or tablet to a router, modem, or network switch to bring Gigabit Ethernet to your network connection; A Cat6 Ethernet cable (sold separately) is recommended
- Leveraging the high-bandwidth of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface at up to 5 Gbps, this USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter future-proofs your network connection with 1000 Mbps Ethernet while maintains a backwards compatibility with 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
- This lightweight USB to network adapter is a perfect accessory for adding a standard RJ45 port to your Ultrabook, notebook, or Macbook Air for file transferring, video conferencing, gaming, and HD video streaming
- Supported features include Wake-on-Lan (WoL), Full-Duplex (FDX) and Half-Duplex (HDX) Ethernet, Crossover Detection, Backpressure Routing, Auto-Correction (Auto MDIX). Supports IPv4/IPv6 protocols and 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T networks
- Wired USB Ethernet connection is faster and more reliable than wireless network. This Ethernet to USB adapter is compatible with Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OSX 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10, and Chrome OS with latest system updates. Does not support Windows RT or Android.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 2.49 x 19.2 x 1.5 cm; 40 Grams
- Date First Available : 15 October 2017
- Manufacturer : Rankie
- ASIN : B010SEARPU
- Item Model Number : R-1161-ADAPTER-USB3.0-RJ45-BK
- Best Sellers Rank: 4,015 in Computers (See Top 100 in Computers)
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you need an adapter like this very quickly, I guess that's ok. If the time is not a problem, I recommend you to look for better and cheaper options.
Top reviews from other countries
It works right out of the box and provides full download speed (as per your ISP)
Remember to disable the internal network card that the laptop will connect automatically ! - otherwise, you will not see the real difference that this device can make
Edit: I recently thought this device had stopped working as I was unable to connect my iMac to the Mac Laptop, I tried many network settings and jiggery pokery and only a reboot of the laptop fixed the problem. I did some research and it seems that Ethernet is not Plug and Play, not the fault of the Network Adapter. The solution was to make sure that the iMac ( where the Ethernet cable was connected ) was turned on before the laptop ( where the adapter was connected to a USB port ), or reboot the laptop, then high speed connections are restored.
Now, it's died completely. It looks like the cable joining onto the USB plug is coming away, showing metal wiring underneath.
The network adapter is easy to install.... I just plugged it in to a USB port and it automatically installs with no issues (all of my USB ports on the laptop are USB 3 but I think it's backward compatible if you only have USB 2).
I'm using Windows 10 and have had no problems with using it.
I chose the USB 3 version over a USB C type as I use the USB C port to connect to one of my external monitors and I should be able to use on a wider range of devices if I ever need to.