Real Pigeons Splash Back: Real Pigeons #4 (Volume 4) Paperback – 1 September 2019
|New from||Used from|
Paperback, 1 September 2019
Frequently bought together
- Publisher : Hardie Grant Children's Publishing; First edition (1 September 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1760502251
- ISBN-13 : 978-1760502256
- Reading age : 6 years and up
- Dimensions : 15 x 1.5 x 19 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 4,501 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
- ‘Perfectly absurd.’ – Booklist
- ‘A goofball farce.’ – Kirkus
- ‘REAL PIGEONS = REAL LAUGHS FOR REAL KIDS!’ – Sally Rippin
- ‘Not only did we cackle and giggle while reading the book, we also slept MUCH SAFER knowing that there were REAL PIGEONS out there fighting crime!’ – Peter Helliar
- ‘Real Pigeons is really funny and very WEIRD. I have read it about 50 times.’ – Tom, 8 years old
- ‘The REAL PIGEONS make me laugh and the book is fun to read.’ – Caitlin, 7 years old
- ‘I love the Real Pigeons because they are adventurous, brave and they make me laugh.’ – Sam, 7 years old
- ‘All the pigeons make me laugh. When I see pigeons in the street now, I imagine what crimes they are trying to solve.’ – Fraser, 6 and ¾ years old
- ‘I also really love Rock’s pet twig, Trent. It is such a funny thing to have a pet twig.’ – Tom, 8 years old
- ‘I really loved Real Pigeons because it has humour with hints of heroism, realism and adventure.’ – Archie, 10 years old
About the Author
Andrew McDonald is the author of the bestselling Real Pigeons junior fiction series. He loves writing stories that make kids laugh, wonder and leap into the air with surprise. His books have been shortlisted for the Readings Children’s Book Prize and the Australian Book Industry Awards.
Andrew is a regular presenter on the schools circuit, where he conducts writing workshops, talks about his life as an author and inspires kids to read, write, draw and be creative. Andrew lives in Melbourne, Australia.
Ben Wood is the illustrator of the bestselling Real Pigeons junior fiction series. Drawn to stories with humour and heart, Ben has illustrated over 30 books for children. His lively illustrations reflect his love for graphic novels and animation, and really pack a (pigeon) punch in the Real Pigeons series.
Ben’s books have been included on the Children’s Book Council of Australia’s ‘Notables’ lists, and shortlisted for the Readings Children’s Book Prize and the Australian Book Industry Awards. When not in the studio, Ben speaks in schools and runs workshops about illustration. He lives in Victoria, Australia.