|Product Dimensions||18 x 4 x 17 cm; 730 Grams|
|Item Model Number||8ASPS7-BAU0|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Item Weight||730 g|
Ring Solar Panel Black - Compatible with Ring Spotlight Cam Battery and Stick Up Cam Battery
- Designed exclusively for charging the Ring spotlight camera battery.
- With just a few hours of direct sunlight every day, your spotlight camera will stay charged around the clock.
- With an included toolkit and cable, you’ll be set up in just a few minutes.
Frequently bought together
Install this Ring solar panel with your Ring spotlight cam battery, enjoy continuous monitoring without having to replace batteries. The compact black panel matches your system or your exterior paint to provide convenient placement that doesn't draw attention. This Ring solar panel powers your security camera setup on just a few hours of sunlight each day.
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When installed, the Ring StickUp Cam was sitting at 30% battery power. Over a period of four partly sunny days, the battery level increased to 100% and I haven't seen it drop since.
Easy to install (two screws hold it in place, and the main solar collector just slides and locks in) and it's just a matter of a single plug connection to the top rear of the Ring StickUp Cam ... and you're up and running.
The generous length of cable means you don't have to do as I have done and place the panel right next to the security camera, put it around a corner if there is more sun there during the day.
All in all ... very happy with the purchase, and extremely happy I don't have to climb up that ladder again.
1) You have to connect to ring.com in order to view camera footage.
2) because of 1, live feed or historical feed is slow and misses major parts of the "video" footage. So say someone walks to the front door, you see one picture at the start and the next thing they are at the door knocking, thats NOT video.
3) due to 1 and 2, there is no allowance to install and configure the cameras through your own network for fast responses.
4) when someone approaches, by the time Alexa loads the voice and video app that has to go through ring.com, they are already fed up and leave, say goodbye to your deliveries and go to the post office because Alexa can't open the app in time.
Overall, I feel that I just flushed over 1k down the toilet. After screwing the cameras to brick wall it's a task to take it all back.
There is no warnings about this product may not work as expected in Australia due to slow internet.... here's your warning.
At least, they should sell a hub connected to your local lan that acts as ring.com, that would speed things up greatly, but money hungry subscription lords have decided internet feeds only :(
My panels get about 4 hours of direct sunlight and another 4 hours of indirect. And they will give about 40% charge per day. My cameras lose about 12% overnight.
Oddly enough, this is the only RING product that actually lives up to its promise!
The software (iOS) despite having a solar panel installed now, continues to suggest we buy a solar panel to extend the (poor) battery life. Neither iOS not Android give any indication that there is a solar panel attached or how much it is helping.
Overall, pretty disappointing quality and user experience