|Product Dimensions||4.45 x 4.13 x 15.88 cm; 136.08 Grams|
|Item Model Number||HS-DSA|
|Batteries||1 9V batteries required.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Sound Level||120 dB|
|Item Weight||136 g|
SABRE Wedge Door Stop Security Alarm with 120 dB Siren - Great for Home, Travel, Apartment or Dorm
|Price:||+ $9.82 Delivery|
- ATTENTION-GRABBING – when door pressure is applied, the extremely loud 120 dB alarm helps wake/alert homeowner or renter, helps deter intruder and possibly notifies neighbors (audible up to 1,000 feet/300M away)
- VERSATILE WITH MAXIMUM SECURITY – features a non-skid pad to prevent door from opening while alarm sounds; ideal for bedrooms, hotels, apartments, dorm rooms, front doors, etc. - great travel alarm
- ATTRACTIVE & CONSUMER-PREFERRED – superior to other home security products, this premium white alarm looks great inside your home
- EASY INSTALLATION – no wiring needed; battery-operated (requires 1x9V battery)
- EXTRA LEVEL OF SECURITY – provides battery status update with a low battery indicator
- ATTENTION-GRABBING ? when door pressure is applied, the extremely loud 120 dB alarm helps wake/alert homeowner or renter, helps deter intruder and possibly notifies neighbors (audible up to 1,000 feet/300M away)
- VERSATILE WITH MAXIMUM SECURITY ? features a non-skid pad to prevent door from opening while alarm sounds; ideal for bedrooms, hotels, apartments, dorm rooms, front doors, etc. - great travel alarm
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
A burglary occurs every 14.5 seconds in the U.S., and budget cuts have led to an average 911 response time of 10 minutes. Furthermore, without the ability to install a home security system, renters and travelers can have a hard time feeling secure in their temporary housing. SABRE’s Door Stop Alarm is a great solution to either help fortify an existing home alarm system or use on its own in a bedroom, dorm, hotel room or apartment. The extremely 120 dB loud alarm is audible up to 1,000 feet (300 m) away and sounds when door pressure is applied. The alarm is coupled with a non-skid pad to prevent the door from opening. This attractive, premium white alarm installs easily in just seconds – simply slide it under the crack of an inward-swinging door. There’s no wiring needed, so the alarm works during power outages. Requires 1x9V battery (not included). A small Philips Head #1 size screwdriver is required to remove battery compartment cover. For an extra level of security, the Door Stop Alarm provides a battery status update via a low battery indicator. The Door Stop Alarm was developed by SABRE, the #1 pepper spray brand trusted by police and consumers worldwide, meaning this product is extremely reliable. Backed by 40 years in the security industry, SABRE products are ISO 9001:2008 certified and must pass rigorous quality assurance testing before leaving our facilities to give you peace of mind. Improve your home security today.
Review this product
Top review from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
They work in two ways:
1) The metal plate completes a circut which trips a loud alarm
2) The wedge shape allows for blocking of doors that open inward by jamming the door "up" and binding up the hinges, barring physical entry.
This is dependent on a few factors:
The door opens inward
The door is at a proper enough height to facilitate such an action
The floor surface is grippy enough to not allow the device to slide.
They work absolutely well, with a few caveats, but first the positives.
The are loud (almost debilitating in small rooms) , don't take up a lot of room and are pretty simple to use.
They won't fit under all doors due to the height of them. Some doors are too low, others too high.
On some surfaces they will slide, because you can't get a good wedge because pushing it too far under the door will trip the sensor.
By attaching two together with an elastic band, I have managed to make them go off, but not block the door to an effectiveness level that I felt comfortable with.
They would work well for waking occupants, provided those occupants are prepared to do something about those person or persons are gaining entry. As a simple stand-alone deterrent, I'd rate them on a 3/10. They won't stop someone determined to gain entry, but they will keep the honest crooks or mistaken housekeeping away with no issues.
For improvements on these I would like to see a method of attaching a tripwire/string to them that can allow the same action of a door opening and depressing the metal trigger to trip the alarm. This is useful for times where they won't fit under doors, doors that open outwards (but you'd still like to know when they are opened).
Upgraded and expanded grippy material on the bottom to facilitate better sticky action on floors
all in all, if you're someone who wants extra piece of mind, one or two of these in your bag is never a bad idea.