|Model Number||SAM SAQ2U|
|Model Name||Q2U USB/XLR Dynamic Microphone|
|Mounting Hardware||Microphone Clip, Tripod stand, Windscreen, XLR Cable, Q2U USB Microphone, USB Cable|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Microphone Form Factor||Microphone System|
|Contains Liquid Contents||No|
|Includes Rechargable Battery||No|
|Includes AC Adapter||No|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Product Dimensions||33.02 x 10.16 x 25.4 cm; 317.51 Grams|
|Item Weight||318 g|
|Item Model Number||SAM SAQ2U|
|Batteries||1 AAA batteries required.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||13 November 2017|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Samson 29/Q2U-PACK Samson Q2U USB Podcasting Pack
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Combines the convenience of digital and analog audio capture into one dynamic microphone
- With XLR and USB outputs is the rst choice for home/studio and mobile recording, as well as stage performance
- Comes with a mic clip, desktop tripod stand with extension piece, windscreen, XLR cable and USB cable
- Package with everything you need to start recording right out of the box
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Samson Q2U USB Podcasting Pack combines the convenience of digital and analog audio capture into one dynamic microphone. With XLR and USB outputs, the Q2U is the first choice for home/studio and mobile recording, as well as a stage performance. It comes with a mic clip, desktop tripod stand with extension piece, windscreen, XLR cable and USB cable. A package with everything you need to start recording right out of the box.
From the manufacturer
One Mic for Stage, Studio and On The Go.
Samson Q2U meets both your digital and analog audio reproduction needs in one convenient package, including the mic itself and all the accessories you need to start recording right out of the gate. The Q2U dynamic handheld microphone features both XLR and USB outputs, making it ideal for home/studio and mobile recording, as well as stage performance. The mic’s cardioid (unidirectional) pickup pattern, high-quality A/D converter with a 16-bit, 48kHz sampling rate and 50Hz–15kHz frequency response ensure that the audio captured on stage, in studio or on the go is clear, detailed and accurate. It's also compatible with most computer based digital audio workstations, so your recordings can be developed with enhanced control and functionality.
- Element Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)
- Frequency Response: 50Hz–15kHz
- Sensitivity: -54dBV/Pa
- Bit Depth: 16-bit; Sample Rate: 44.1kHz/48kHz
- USB Digital Output & XLR Analog Output
- Headphone Output: 1/8" (3.5mm)
Connect. Communicate. Create.
Easy To Use, Everywhere
Delivering high-quality audio effortlessly with minimal setup, the Q2U is an ideal choice whether you’re on stage, in the studio or on the go. It offers plug-and-play operation with no driver installation, and even works with iPhones and iPads via Apple's Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or Android devices via a Host OTG cable.
Go All Out
The Q2U can be connected directly to your computer or mobile device via it’s USB output, or plugged directly into a mixer or audio interface using the XLR output. It also features a 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone output for monitoring captured audio, as well as the audio from your computer.
In addition to the mic itself, the Q2U Recording and Podcasting Pack comes complete with everything you need to start recording, including a mic clip, desktop tripod stand, tripod stand extension, 2.25m USB cable and 3m XLR cable.
Samson Technologies began in 1980 as a pioneer in wireless microphone technology. Today, Samson is an industry leader in professional audio solutions whose products are known for their fidelity and reliability. Samson products are preferred by recording artists, performers, educators and audio professionals throughout the world.
- USB/XLR handheld dynamic microphone
- USB output for connecting to any Mac or PC
- XLR analog output for connecting to any mixer or PA system
- On/Off switch controls both USB and XLR
- 1/8" stereo headphone output with level control for zero-latency monitoring
- Dual-color Power/Clip LED
- USB bus powered via Mac, PC or iPad, plug-and-play, no driver installation required
- Includes mic clip, tripod stand, tripod stand extension, USB cable and XLR cable
|Go Mic||Q2U||Meteor Mic||C01U Pro||G-Track Pro|
|Type||Side Address Condenser||End Address Dynamic||Side Address Condenser||Side Address Condenser||Side Address Condenser|
|Zero-Latency Headphone Monitoring||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Headphone Level Control||✓||✓||✓|
|Additional Analog Input||✓|
|Output||USB||USB & XLR||USB||USB||USB|
|Mounting Options||Laptop Monitor, Desktop, Mic Stand||Desktop (includes tripod stand and mic clip), Boom Arm, Mic Stand||Desktop (fold-back legs), Boom Arm, Mic Stand||Desktop (includes tripod stand), Shockmount, Boom Arm, Mic Stand||Desktop (includes desk stand), Shockmount, Boom Arm, Mic Stand|
|Frequency Response||Cardioid: 80Hz–18kHz; Omni: 20Hz–20kHz||20Hz–18kHz||20Hz–20kHz||20Hz–18kHz||50Hz–20kHz|
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
What's included (Summer 2020):
- Foam windshield
- Tripod mic stand
- XLR cable
- Great sound!
- Dynamic cardioid which means it doesn't pick up too much environmental noise when set up correctly - perfect for streaming
- Low price
- Option to use USB and later upgrade to XLR. XLR cable is included too!
- You can plug your headphones right in for monitoring
- You can use it with an iPad Pro through the Apple camera adaptor, bonus! I spent far too much time in Garageband playing with the voice effects when I realised this :)
- Stand is okay but not ideal for positioning as it will sit too low on a desk etc.
- This type of mic needs to be really close to your face to work well and pick up your voice, unless you want to massively crank up the gain and pick up every other noise in the room too. So order an adjustable stand/boom arm to go with it, and make sure you understand how to set up the mic and position it. Otherwise you'll be frustrated at how quiet it is!
- I find on PC USB connection there's always a very low amount of white hissing/humming noise, but this is easily fixed in OBS/Streamlabs/Audacity. The noise seems absent on iPad.
- Because it's quite a narrow diameter microphone (about 32cm on the handle), it was quite tricky to find the right size shock mount - I had to get one from a dedicated music store as there were no suitable ones on Amazon.
- Weird power issues. When I load my PC, the light will appear on the mic but it doesn't actually seem to be powered on. I have to unplug - plug back in to get it working which is a bit of a pain and will wear down the cable faster. This happens on iPad too so I think it's the mic, not Windows etc.
I've had people complement the sound quality and stick around on my stream so I would definitely recommend this microphone. To be honest even if it doesn't last long, at this price I'd be happy to buy another.
- Amazing sound, especially for the money
- Denies background sound better than my condenser mic even though it's still fairly sensitive to my voice
- Included XLR cable
- Included USB cable
- Included decent stand for it
- It's quite long which gives me less clearance with my keyboard - it's 28 cm with the included XLR cable. I strongly recommend buying an additional right angle XLR cable (90 degree bend) to reduce the length by a few cm or alternatively mounting it from the top (but this way it might be in the way of your camera if you use one)
- The included attachment for the microphone which allows it to be held onto a boom arm is really flimsy plastic. Feels like it could snap easily but that only applies to rotation on the boom arm, not adjustment up, down, left or right - those should be fine.
Conclusion: Amazing microphone and definitely very happy with the purchase, especially at this price point. The disadvantages are workable and understandable, not something that would keep me from buying this if I had to do it again.
Will update rating and review if it breaks prematurely, I've only had it for a day.
The sound quality is excellent for the price. Using the windsock improves the sound slightly though this may not be noticeable.
I also have a Thronmax omnidirectional mike which is similarly priced. This is great for picking up all the sounds in the room. However, the sound quality of the Samson is far superior to the Thronmax.
This is a great mike for the amateur who wants to record voiceovers but does not have a studio or soundproofing. I live by the main road with traffic and there are birds chirping behind my house, and the Samson mike did not pick up any of these sounds.
The stand is cheaply made but this is to be expected at the price. For total stability I can use one of my camera tripods.
Very happy with this product so far.
1. It has some weight to it, very sturdy and professional
2. Very good for the money
3. USB and XLR connection
I have only used it with the XLR connection because I heard a guy on YouTube reviewing some audio inputs for making videos and he was jumping from gaming headphone mic to this mic on usb connection and then XLR connection and XLR was so warm and crystal clear that it made my mind up to buy it and I am glad I did
I run this through the behringer 402 with the XLR connection and I love it, the best I ever bought, I would use headset mic’s all the time until I heard this and I will never go back to headset mic’s although I just bought the corsairs mh571 headset and the mic on this is also very good but you can have multi inputs setups for software like OBS if u like to livestream or make recordings.
This mic will not pickup background noises, it has to be very close to your mouth the pick up the sound u can put the gain up on a mixer and pick more sound up of course but this mic is for you voice and your voice alone
The mic is built to a price point but feels sturdy and works reliably. Decent off-axis rejection and a fine range of operation means you can use the integrated stand to position on a desk next to a keyboard for voice chats.
In Zoom, enable Original Sound with this mic and impress people with the high quality of your audio :-)
Over USB, the noise floor is slightly higher than if you used its XLR output, but it's still absolutely fine for everyday use.
This also works as a USB microphone into my Android Galaxy S9, though sadly not as a microphone for Zoom probably due to how they've coded the Android app to use Android's built-in audio routing. It works fine with all the popular sound recording apps on Android. Perhaps Zoom will fix this in a future release.
Also worth noting, the Samson USB audio chipset does not suffer from any clicking, stuttering and other audio problems, which its nearest competitor does suffer from when used with an Android device over USB (the Audio Technica ATR-2100x USB).