|Hard Drive||500 GB|
Samsung T5 Parent Blue Blue 500 GB
|Digital storage capacity||500 GB|
|Hard disk interface||USB-C|
|Special feature||V-NAND Flash Memory|
|Hard disk size||500 GB|
About this item
- Superfast read write speeds: SSD with V NAND offers ultra fast data transfer speeds of up to 540MB/s (up to 4.9x faster than external HDDs); Ideal for transferring large sized data including 4K videos, high resolution photos, games and more
- Compact and portable design: Top to bottom shock resistant metal design fits in the palm of your hand and easily slides in your pocket or purse to take work and entertainment on the go
- Secure encryption: Optional password protection and AES 256 bit hardware encryption keeps your personal and private data more secure
- Seamless connectivity: Includes USB type C to C and USB type C to A cables to connect to PCs, Macs, smartphones and other devices
- and compatibility: 3 year limited ; Requires Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), Android 4.4 (KitKat), or higher; Older versions of the Windows, Mac and Android operating systems may not be supported
There is a newer model of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The Samsung T5 Portable SSD has the latest in Samsung V-NAND flash memory technology. Its portable design, blazing fast transfer speeds of up to 540 MB/s, shock resistance, and secure encryption make it the best portable SSD on the market.
From the manufacturer
T5 Portable SSD
With no moving parts, a shock-resistant metal body that withstands drops of up to 6.5 feet, and built-in AES 256-bit hardware encryption, this SSD offers complete data protection from the inside out
Storage Made New
The Samsung Portable SSD T5 elevates data transfer speeds to the next level and unleashes a new experience in external storage. With a compact and durable design and password protection, the T5 is truly easy to carry and stores data securely.
- Read/Write Speeds of up to 540 MB/s
- Compact Design weighs less than 2 ounces
- USB 3.1 Type-C port to connect to latest devices
- Shock-resistant metal case and internal frame
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Android devices
Storage Made New
Fast, solid, secure, minimal, and easy to use - the Samsung T5 Portable SSD is Storage Made New. Take a look at the following specifications on our newest portable SSD and unleash the next level of performance.
Fast Transfer Speeds
With Samsung V-NAND flash memory and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface, the T5 provides transfer speeds of up to 540 MB/s*, that’s up to 4.9x faster than external HDDs**. Transfers and backups of large-sized data including 4K videos and high-resolution photos will be much faster.
* Performance may vary depending on host configuration. To reach maximum transfer speeds of 540 MB/s, the host device and connection cables must support USB 3.1 Gen 2 and the UASP mode must be enabled.
** Based on internal test results compared to a Samsung external HDD 500GB.
The top to bottom metal design and rounded unibody fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. The T5 comes in two distinct aluminum finishes - an alluring blue for 250 GB and 500 GB models, and a deep black for 1 TB and 2 TB models.*
* 1 GB=1,000,000,000 bytes, 1 TB=1,000,000,000,000 bytes. Lower capacity may be demonstrated by your computer due to use of a different measurement standard.
Connect with Ease
Connect the T5 to an extensive range of devices from PCs, Macs, smartphones and other devices.* The included USB Type-C to C cable and USB Type-C to A cable give you seamless connectivity without the hassle of purchasing additional adapters.**
* Compatibility with host devices may vary. Some operating systems may require T5 reformatting. Please find the compatible devices list on www.samsung.com/support.
** T5 is compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
Solid Inside and Out
Do more. Worry less. The T5 has no moving parts and a sturdy metal body, so it can handle drops of up to 2 meters*. The optional password protection with AES 256-bit hardware encryption keeps your personal and private data more secure*.
* The internal free fall shock test was conducted under controlled conditions.
Ready Anytime, Anywhere
Take everything, all your work and entertainment, with you. The Portable SSD T5 gives you simple and efficient access to your massive data so you can complete tasks quickly and on the move. Take along your documents, large-sized photos or videos, and get things done wherever you go.
|Samsung 860 QVO Solid State Drive||Samsung 860 EVO Solid State Drive||Samsung 860 PRO Solid State Drive||Samsung 970 EVO Solid State Drive||Samsung T5 Portable Solid State Drive||Samsung X5 Portable Solid State Drive|
|Capacity||1TB | 2TB | 4TB||250GB | 500GB | 1TB | 2TB‡ | 4TBΔ||256GB | 512GB | 1TB | 2TB | 4TB||250GB | 500GB | 1TB | 2TB||250GB | 500GB | 1TB | 2TB||500GB | 1TB | 2TB|
|Form Factor||2.5"||2.5" | M.2(2280) | mSATA||2.5"||M.2(2280)||Portable||Portable|
|Interface||SATA III 6Gbps||SATA III 6Gbps||SATA III 6Gbps||PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3||USB 3.1 Gen2 backward compatible||Thunderbolt 3, NVMe|
|Max Sequential Read Speed||Up to 550 MB/s||Up to 550 MB/s||Up to 560 MB/s||Up to 3,500 MB/s||Up to 540 MB/s||Up to 2,800 MB/s|
|Max Sequential Write Speed||Up to 520 MB/s||Up to 520 MB/s||Up to 530 MB/s||Up to 2,500 MB/s||Up to 520 MB/s||Up to 2,300 MB/s|
|NAND Type||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC|
|Recommended For||Everyday Computing||Gaming and Professional Computing||Gaming, Professional and High-End Computing||High-End Gaming and 4K & 3D Graphic Editing||Fast, Secure External Storage||Content Creator and IT Professional for faster and secure External Storage|
Review this product
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Ozzoid on 26 August 2018
Of the drive
Top reviews from other countries
I purchased the Samsung T5 500GB brand new, however once I installed the ssd software it’s prompting for a password. This product seems to be USED!
This is upsetting because it was advertised as a NEW product. Once I scrolled through the reviews - I could see other customers who also have experienced this..
Can this be looked into immediately and actioned!
What happens if you click through the Apple warning messages....the Samsung software will install, but if you make the mistake of clicking on the Samsung software update that's indicated when the software is open. YOU WILL BRICK THE SAMSUNG DRIVE MAKING IT USELESS! What happens is that you get a message asking you to connect the ssd drive to your computer, but what happens after you update the software is that the SSD drive and you Mac will NO LONGER RECOGNIZE EACH OTHER!
It's a bit of a process to get rid of the software. You have to enter a command string into Terminal to get rid of the &&^%$ software!
OK....do the following and you should be good.
Download the setup software. DO NOT UPDATE THE SOFTWARE WHEN INSTALLED. The software will ask you to assign a password. DO NOT ASSIGN A PASSWORD. Turn that option off. AGAIN.....TURN THAT PASSWORD OPTION OFF! The software will warn you the the drive won't be safe....yada yada!
Once you do the above you should be able to see the drive your desktop and Finder. The final step to drag the SAMSUNG software from your desktop into your trash basket and forget about it. YOU DO NOT NEED THE SOFTWARE....Just the drivers which are now installed. So every time you plug in the SSD drive will see it without opening any Samsung software.
So... if you give command to copy-paste, say, 1GB worth of many small files files, it starts great but within seconds slows down to speed of a floppy-disk. That point onwards the transfer is painfully slow for an SSD. (This does not happen with the SSD that came with my computer because ALL of disk space is truly SSD).
For day-to-day I/O where you are saving small files or retrieving them, it works great. But if you do bulk transfer, it is just another USB 2.0 or even slower (after the initial spike though).
Build quality is good & it came with 2 wires (1) USB-C wire (2)conventional USB wire. It was very easy to set-up.