Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Sarah Simon
Sarah Simon is the Designer, Artist Illustrator and Author at TheMintGardener. Finding inspiration in the ever-blooming variety of textures and colors in her urban garden, Sarah creates and teaches lush Watercolors inspired by the diverse variety of herbs, flowers, and trees grown in her yard. With a continually blooming following of botanical and art lovers alike, Sarah shares her teaching talents locally in Seattle, where she regularly instructs Watercolor Classes to students of all skill levels. Her teaching has received international attention with her online painting course in the Watercolor Summit and on Skillshare. Sarah's work has been featured in many publications and blogs worldwide, and has been celebrated in the form of commercial product design, stationery, textiles and wholesale and private commissions. Her book "Modern Watercolor Botanicals will be released November 2019, and a national book tour in 2020 is in the works. Her coloring book, "The Plant Lady" will also be released November 2019, and is filled with her unique and lovely lines! Sarah loves to garden with her partner Colin and their two little girls on their urban farm, and enjoys seeking quiet moments for sketching and painting, making small bouquets of flowers and herbs, or reading. She loves to explore new places, and enjoys anything ocean, friend, food or eating related, and yes, she does enjoy the gloomy gray days a bit more than the hot, sunny ones.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Sarah Simon
Modern Watercolor Botanicals is a comprehensive guide for all skill levels--beginner to advanced--that teaches everything you need to know about watercolor using easy-to-follow diagrams, pictures, and instructions. Learn how to paint and advance your skills using pieces of beautiful, traceable artwork, including detailed wildflowers, shade tropical leaves, eucalyptus wreaths, and more.
Lessons in Modern Watercolor Botanicals include:
• Instructions for every skill level: beginner, intermediate, and advanced
• Easy-to-follow diagrams, pictures, and instructions
• Each lesson builds upon skills learned in the previous lessons
• 15 pieces of traceable artwork to paint, no drawing experience required!
• Lessons that promote focus and mindfulness and help you reduce stress through the enjoyment of the artistic process
• All you need to know to create frame-worthy masterpieces and thoughtful gifts
• Prompts, challenges, and ideas to take your creativity to the next level
Author Sarah Simon (@themintgardener), a Seattle-based artist who leads sold-out watercolor workshops across the U.S., shares everything she teaches her students in this book. She also answers some of the most common questions from watercolor artists at all levels:
• What tools do I need?
• How do I mix interesting colors?
• How do I create shape, movement, and definition in my piece?
• How do I find my own creative style?
Delve into Modern Watercolor Botanicals to develop your skills and form your own unique artistic approach to the world of modern watercolor!