Simplisafe Extra Entry Sensor
- Easy to install on every type of door or window
- The magnet goes on the door or window, and the sensor goes on the frame (or vice versa). Magnet can be placed up to 2 inches from the sensor, so sensors fit on all types of doors and windows. SimpliSafe sensors come with the battery pre-installed and adhesive tape pre-applied, making installation a snap.
- When your system is OFF and a door or window opens, the Base Station will sound a door-chime so you'll know if someone is entering.
- The sensor detects whenever the magnet moves more than two inches away from it- so it knows whenever the door or window opens.
Product detailsSize Name:Original System
- Batteries : 1 CR123A batteries required.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 2.54 x 2.54 x 5.08 cm; 68 Grams
- Date First Available : 23 February 2014
- Manufacturer : Simplisafe
- ASIN : B00ILWJ9B0
- Item Model Number : 4331030051
Best Sellers Rank:
23,364 in Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Home Improvement)
- 176 in Home Security Kits
- Customer Reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Simplisafe Extra Entry Sensor Entry Sensors protect doors and windows that may be accessible to intruders. When deciding how many you need, it helps to consider the following: How many of your windows and doors are on a ground floor? Ground floor entry points are typically the most vulnerable in a home and should usually be protected. How many windows and doors are accessible from a balcony, terrace, or fire escape? These entry points are generally less vulnerable than a ground floor window, but are another way intruders may enter a home. You should consider adding a sensor to these entrances. Will you have a Motion Sensor in the room? A Motion Sensor reduces the need for an Entry Sensor at every entry point. 3"X1.25"
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Update...I've had the system for about 1 1/2 years now. I had an issue with my base unit not connecting to the alarm company. Simplisafe sent a new cell card to swap out for free with paid return shipping. I had an entry sensor go bad and they replaced that for free as well. And finally, I had a defective smoke detector and that was sent out for free and had return postage paid. The customer service is phenomenal and they have covered every issue for free. All of this for $14.99 a month. They even call you to confirm a system test. Buy this system!!
1. Reasonably priced compared to ADT. Equipment cost was about 1/4 to 1/3 the cost of ADT.
2. Easy to install. A single manual (maybe 20 pp) contained all of the instructions need to install. With ADT, I had to flip through several multi paged manuals just to figure out how to install new sensors.
3. Magnet sensors are far more reliable - I'm actually able to crack windows open without triggering the alarm. With ADT sensors, false alarms were common with the sensors/magnets fully engaged.
4. Monitoring center offers all of the options offered by ADT.
Only criticism - simplistic and keypad doesn't offer the functionality that ADT did - however some might consider this a + - I think that's what Simplisafe was going for.