- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Skylanders Giants Starter Pack
- All Skylanders Spyro's Adventure, Skylanders Giants, and Skylanders SWAP Force figures work with Skylanders Trap Team.
Product detailsPlatform:Nintendo Wii | Edition:Starter Kit
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 24.38 x 7.62 x 37.34 cm; 231.33 Grams
- Release date : 21 October 2012
- ASIN : B0088MVPRY
- Item Model Number : 84393
- Customer Reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
FROZEN IN OUR WORLD. ALIVE IN THEIRS. Thousands of years ago, the Skylanders Giants fought epic battles in Skylands but were banished to Earth. With a new threat looming, it's time to bring them back to join forces with the Skylanders. Only you can put them on the Portal of Power(R) to unleash their strength in the ultimate battle to save Skylands. Starter Pack includes: 1-Video Game 1-Portal of Power 3-Skylanders Figures 1-Character Collector Poster 3-Sticker Sheets with Secret Codes 3-Trading Cards
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
- My daughter absolutely loved Skylanders. She was glued to it. For at least 3 years, she played Skylanders for at least an hour every single day. Whenever a new iteration came out, she had to have it. The top of the long shelving unit that ran across the oversized desk in our library was wall-to-wall Skylanders. We always knew what to get her for every gift-giving occasion.
- Then one day she stopped playing on a dime because of the violence involved, even though good always wins.
- The major drawback to Skylanders is that this is the gift that keeps on giving - in reverse. You’re not just going to be buying a video game. You’re going to be buying many many figures and other trinkets. We’re easily into this for over a thousand dollars! Not bad for one video game. This was the first game to make this leap. After that, Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions got in on the act. It’s brilliant from a corporate perspective. Not so much from a consumer perspective.
THE KID SAYS: This game was absolutely revolutionary. The idea of being able to take real life toys and put them into video games was a phenomenal one indeed. Making them collectibles was especially good from a marketing standpoint, and giving every character unique backstories was a surefire way to guarantee that people would actually want to collect them all. Enjoyed playing.
BOTTOM LINE: Excellent game good for many many hours of gameplay. Just know what you’re getting into.
You CAN finish the whole game with the base starter set characters.
Yes, there are areas you cannot go or sometime there may be a puzzle to do something another character could just do, but it works. Some characters are more powerful in some areas or have things they can open other elements cannot. These never stop progress but they add extras.
the characters can be found all over the place for cheap and all older characters work in the newer games. All newer bases work with older games. Older bases cannot run the new game and I think new characters cannot go into older games but the characters and bases move forward from the original to the most current.
Note: my seller actually sent just the figures not the starter pack I wanted - check the specific seller listing carefully, do not order without looking. Amazon of course fixed it no problem but it was frustrating