Save on auto-deliveries
Choose how often it's deliveredFrom once every 2 weeks to once every 6 months
Skip or cancel any timeWe'll send you a reminder before each delivery.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle, Kills Bacteria that may cause a Sore Throat, 120mL
Recommended Retail Price (RRP)The RRP displayed is the most recent manufacturer’s recommended retail price made available to Amazon AU.
|Price:||$10.49 ($8.74 /100 ml)|
|You Save:||$2.46 (19%)|
|Unit count||120 millilitre|
|Item weight||0.12 Kilograms|
|Item dimensions L x W x H||44 x 44 x 157 millimetres|
About this item
- Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle kills bacteria that may cause a sore throat
- May be used as an aid in the treatment of an infected sore throat
- Help ensure that the correct dosage is administered by using the convenient measure included with the pack
- Betadine Ready To Use Gargle contains the ingredient povidone-iodine
- Always read the label; Follow the directions for use; If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional
Frequently bought together
- Product Dimensions : 4.4 x 4.4 x 15.7 cm; 122 Grams
- Date First Available : 19 February 2019
- Manufacturer : Sanofi-aventis Healthcare Pty Ltd
- ASIN : B07BF7JRRC
- Item Model Number : 12255
- Country of origin : Australia
Best Sellers Rank:
2,255 in Health, Household & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health, Household & Personal Care)
- 26 in Cold & Flu Medicine
- Customer Reviews:
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle kills bacteria that may cause a sore throat, also known as pharyngitis. It may also be used as an aid in the treatment of an infected sore throat.
A convenient measure is included inside each pack to help ensure that correct dosage is administered.
Contains povidone-iodine. Contains alcohol and saccharin.
From the manufacturer
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle Benefits
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle kills bacteria that can cause sore throats - fast*.
*In laboratory studies
Treat sore throats
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle may be used as an aid in the treatment of an infected sore throat (pharyngitis).
Fast acting* and convenient
It does not require dilution with water, and can be taken at home, work, or elsewhere using the convenient measure included in the pack.
*In laboratory studies.
#1 Sore throat gargle
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle is a part of the #1 sore throat gargle range in Australia.¹
|Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle||Betadine Anaesthetic Lozenges||Betadine Sore Throat Lozenges||Betadine Sore Throat Gargle Concentrated|
|Product benefit||Kills bacteria that may cause a sore throat fast*. *In laboratory studies.||Numbs a painful sore throat fast. Reduces throat inflammation. Provides antibacterial action.||Relieves sore throat discomfort. Helps kill bacteria.||Kills bacteria that may cause a sore throat, fast*. *In laboratory studies.|
|Directions||Gargle 15mL for 30 seconds, every 3-4 hours if necessary||Dissolve 1 lozenge in the mouth, every 2-3 hours as required (maximum 12 lozenges per day)||Dissolve 1 lozenge in the mouth, every 2-3 hours as required||Dilute 1mL with water to make 20mL, then gargle for 30 seconds, every 3-4 hours if necessary|
|Sizes||120mL bottle||16 pack and 36 pack||16 pack and 36 pack||15mL bottle and 40mL bottle|
|Flavours||-||Honey & Lemon, Berry||Soothing Honey & Lemon, Menthol & Eucalyptus, Orange||-|
|Inclusions in pack||A convenient measure, to help you gargle the recommended amount||-||-||A convenient measure, to help you gargle the recommended amount|
|Ingredients||Povidone-Iodine. Contains alcohol and saccharin.||Dichlorobenzyl alcohol, Benzydamine hydrochloride, lidocaine (lignocaine) hydrochloride monohydrate. Contains alcohol, isomalt and sucralose.||Dichlorobenzyl alcohol and Amylmetacresol. Contains sugars.||Povidone-Iodine. Contains alcohol.|
Three common causes of a sore throat
#1: Viral throat infections
A viral infection is the most common cause of a sore throat - about 90% of cases. Always seek the advice of a healthcare professional if you are experiencing extreme discomfort, difficulty breathing or swallowing, or if symptoms do not improve with self care.
- IQVIA data, Australia, Sore Throat Segment, Gargle Sub Segment, Unit Sales, 52 Weeks March 2020
- Healthline, Australia, Sore Throat 101, September 2017
- Healthline, Australia, Help for Sore Throats, September 2013
- Healthline, Australia, 12 Natural Remedies for Sore Throat, March 2017.
Tips to help beat a sore throat
- Get as much rest as possible, eat soft and nutritious foods, and avoid smoking⁴
- Drink plenty of water and non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated beverages³
- Hot water with a squeeze of lemon and dollop of honey can be soothing⁴
- Gargle with warm salty water³, or try using Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle every 3-4 hours
- Sucking on a lozenge such as Betadine Sore Throat Lozenges or Betadine Anaesthetic Lozenges may be soothing and relieve symptoms
- Inhaling steam can help to relieve congestion associated with sore throats³