|Product Dimensions||19.05 x 10.16 x 7.62 cm; 544.31 Grams|
|Item Model Number||RF-170|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Size||1/2" - 1-1/2"|
|Style||1/2 to 1 1/2 Inch|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Tools & Accessories|
|Item Weight||544 g|
Southwire Tools RF-170 Seatek Giant Roto-Flex, 1/2" - 1-1/2"
Enhance your purchase
- HOW IT WORKS: The RF 170 has a patented sliding top with three cutting positions to cut across the convolutions of large diameter cables.
- FASTER AND ACCURATE: Able to make accurate cuts in tight quarters with the simple ratcheting mechanism that moves the handle back and forth when in a tight spot.
- TYPE OF CABLES: The cable cutter channel accepts cable from 0.82" to 1.82" diameter to cut cable from 4/2 to 2/4 mc and 1/2" to 1 1/2" trade size flex.
- ERGONOMIC: The cable cutter features a self tightening blade system and ergonomic crank handle with offset for maximum hand clearance and safe operation.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Die cast epoxy enameled body with a blade storage cartridge in knob with storage for up to 6 blades. 100% Made in America .SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: At Southwire, we strive to ensure that every product we develop helps increase safety, improve productivity, reduce manpower, save time and save money both on and off the jobsite. After all, we don't just want to produce the most products. We want to produce the best products.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Roto-Flex, Giant 1/2- 1 1/2, RF-170
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Easy to use and you can control depth of cut.
You will have to adjust the depth of the cutter as I found mine cut a little to deep.
I would have liked to have seen a lock nut on the depth adjustment to lock it into place after adjustment.
I recommend that you test and adjust you Roto- Flex on scrap cable prior to putting it to work.
The reason I did not give it 5 out of 5 was because I would have liked to have seen a lock nut on the depth adjustment and the instructions were missing.
The blade is incapable of protruding deep enough to cut through the 1" armor cable I bought it for and a larger blade will not fit. The cable is basically an flattened "S" shaped piece of metal wound in a spiral, and the blade cannot reach the bottom of the "S" so I had to finish the cut with a cutoff blade on a Dremel tool to separate it.
I already had one that would do 3/8 to 3/4, and this tool will do that too, but it will not do 1" and above I bought it for. Ironically, the sliding cutter system allows you to make a long enough cut for the larger cable, just not a deep enough cut.
I figured i would try thease roto splits but to my suprise they totaly suck. They dont fit around the flex like they should. Will teturn.
Aand as far as you people leaveing good reviews (are you kidding me (are you geting paid by the manufacturer?) Or did the manufacturer have there employees leave good reviews.