Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Stuart Scott
I am currently the AWS Content Director at Cloud Academy (cloudacademy.com) where I have created over 150 courses reaching over 180,000 students. My content focuses heavily on cloud security and compliance, specifically on how to implement and configure AWS services to protect, monitor, and secure customer data in an AWS environment.
I have written many Cloud security blogs and have taken part in a series of security webinars with leading AWS partners.
I am currently a member of the AWS Community Builder Program which provides technical resources, mentorship, and networking opportunities to AWS enthusiasts and emerging thought leaders who are passionate about sharing knowledge and connecting with the technical community.
I am also a certified expert for Experts Exchange for my public contributions regarding AWS and its services.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Get to grips with the fundamentals of cloud security and prepare for the AWS Security Specialty exam with the help of this comprehensive certification guide
- Learn the fundamentals of security with this fast-paced guide
- Develop modern cloud security skills to build effective security solutions
- Answer practice questions and take mock tests to pass the exam with confidence
AWS Certified Security – Specialty is a certification exam to validate your expertise in advanced cloud security. With an ever-increasing demand for AWS security skills in the cloud market, this certification can help you advance in your career. This book helps you prepare for the exam and gain certification by guiding you through building complex security solutions.
From understanding the AWS shared responsibility model and identity and access management to implementing access management best practices, you'll gradually build on your skills. The book will also delve into securing instances and the principles of securing VPC infrastructure. Covering security threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks such as the DDoS attack, you'll discover how to mitigate these at different layers. You'll then cover compliance and learn how to use AWS to audit and govern infrastructure, as well as to focus on monitoring your environment by implementing logging mechanisms and tracking data. Later, you'll explore how to implement data encryption as you get hands-on with securing a live environment. Finally, you'll discover security best practices that will assist you in making critical decisions relating to cost, security,and deployment complexity.
By the end of this AWS security book, you'll have the skills to pass the exam and design secure AWS solutions.
What you will learn
- Understand how to identify and mitigate security incidents
- Assign appropriate Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources to underpin security requirements
- Work with the AWS shared responsibility model
- Secure your AWS public cloud in different layers of cloud computing
- Discover how to implement authentication through federated and mobile access
- Monitor and log tasks effectively using AWS
Who this book is for
If you are a system administrator or a security professional looking to get AWS security certification, this book is for you. Prior experience in securing cloud environments is necessary to get the most out of this AWS book.
Table of Contents
- AWS Certified Security Specialty Exam Coverage
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- Access Management
- Working with Access Policies
- Federated and Mobile Access
- Securing EC2 Instances
- Configuring Infrastructure Security
- Implementing Application Security
- DDoS Protection
- Incident Response
- Securing Connections to your AWS Environment
- Implementing Logging Mechanisms
- Auditing and Governance
- Automating Security Detection and Remediation
- Discovering Security Best Practices
- Managing Key Infrastructure
- Managing Data Security
- Mock Tests
Learn from AWS subject-matter experts, apply real-world scenarios and pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect -Associate exam
- Build highly reliable and scalable workloads on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform
- Pass the exam in less time and with confidence, thanks to mock tests
- Get up and running with developing and managing applications on the AWS platform
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the current leader in the public cloud market. With an increasing global interest in leveraging cloud infrastructure, the AWS Cloud by Amazon offers a cutting-edge platform for architecting, building, and deploying web-scale cloud applications. As the rate of cloud platform increases, so does the need for cloud certification.
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Guide is the ideal choice to help you gain certification. The book starts off by strengtheningyour foundation of what AWS is and its prerequisites. Following this introduction, you'll get insights into the various types of AWS services such as Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), and Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), which will help you understand the core Amazon services. Further into the chapters, you will delve into aspects of how to design and deploy highly scalable applications. To test your knowledge and the skills you've acquired, the book's concluding chapters will wind up with a section on security concepts along with AWS best practices and mock papers.
By the end of this book, you will not only be fully prepared to pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam, but also capable of building secure and reliable applications.
What you will learn
- Explore AWS terminology and identity and access management
- Get to grips with important cloud services and features in categories such as compute, network, storage, and databases
- Define access control to secure AWS resources and set up efficient monitoring
- Back up your database and ensure high availability by understanding all database-related services in the AWS Cloud
- Integrate AWS with your applications to meet and exceed non-functional requirements
- Build and deploy cost-effective and highly available applications
Who this book is for
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect –Associate Guide is ideal if you are an IT professional or Solutions Architect wanting to pass the AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate 2018 exam. This book is also suitable for developers looking to start building scalable applications on AWS.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Amazon Web Services
- AWS Global Infrastructure Overview
- Elasticity and Scalability Concepts
- Hybrid Cloud Architectures
- Resilient Patterns
- Event Driven and Stateless Architectures
- Integrating Application Services
- Disaster Recovery Strategies
- Storage Options
- Matching Supply and Demand
- Introducing Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Web Scale Applications
- Understanding Access Control
- Encryption & Key Management
- Overview of Security and Compliance Services
- AWS Security best practices
- Web Application Security
- Cost Effective Resources<