- Recording has default 4K mode and can be done with maximum 8 FPS (You are right, 8 FPS). It also has a sub-stream which can record at lower resolution and maximum of 7 FPS only. Still look fast enough though.
- Motion detection cannot detect the most obvious motions like a car passing by, walkers by, people crossing street, etc. (I left everything in default mode except for increasing the detection sensitivity to highest level of 1). Confirmed again that you cannot trust the cameras in motion-detection for recording (e.g. have to record continuously if you don't want to miss actions but this for sure will dramatically decrease your HDD lifespan). I'm attaching a video where a car was passing by but the camera failed to record it (I was taking video from my live view 4K monitor so the video was not the actual quality of the camera)
- Mobile phone software connection with the camera is fast but sometimes not very smooth: To be fair it is fast compared to some other systems I used before, quite reliable while I'm in the same network, but at some point of time there were connection issue when I tried to download videos from phone (Error: "Cannot connect to the DVR. Please check your connection" - my connection is fast and no issue with any other devices)
My question before buying were not answered, so here it is for those in need.
In the box:
- 4 dome cameras (product photo shows 2)
- 2 small bullet cameras, oval in shape (product shows 4, and are round, not oval)
- About 10m cables for each camera, Internet cable, 1 mouse for controlling the recorder, 1 HDMI cable
- 3 AU power adapters, 1 for the recorder, 1 for the 4 dome camera (1 split to 4), 1 for the 2 bullet cameras (1 split to 2)
The good/not so good/notes:
- The 2 bullet cameras can only be fixed to point up or down, e.g. can not be adjusted to look left or right, very light and obviously smaller than the product photo due to an oval shape. The 4 deep screw holes at the back of the cameras will guarantee rain water to stay in there for a long time. I hope there is no mistake when they claim this to be IP66
- Sirens and (apparent) lights are available only in the 2 bullet cameras. I have not been able to turn on the lights on these camera so far. Infra-red lights for night (mono-chrome) video-ing are available on all cameras and are auto on when dark.
- The system doesn't have a wifi interface, have to connect via Internet cable from the recorder
- No sound capability on the cameras, but the recorder allows inputting of 4 separate mono sound sources via RCA interface.
- Software in the recorder is not very user friendly (and no in-built help), but most useful features are there. No zoom/pan/tilt features of course (you see the function there but it's not working because the cameras don't have such capabilities).
- Recorder turns on by itself after power outage.
- Video quality is average. Cannot rely on motion detection to start video recording because it will start a few seconds after motion object has already moved out of the frame, so it is recommended that you turn on recording all day.