Swann Motion Sensor Alarm, Wireless Home Security PIR Motion Detect Door Alert Kit, Indoor and Outdoor Use
- Easy to use do-it-yourself wireless alarm kit for home or business provides peace of mind without breaking the bank
- Connect in minutes with easy mounting, pairing & convenient wireless operation (uses 3 x AA batteries for Receiver & 6 x AAA batteries for Sensors)^
- Position the 2 PIR Alert Motion Sensors where you need protection near entrances, front & back doorways, driveways, garages, shops, restaurants, cafes, reception areas, lobbies, etc
- The Receiver unit emits an audible alarm & lights up when the Alert Sensors detect movement
- The PIR Alert Sensors detect motion up to 40ft/12m away with a weatherproof design for monitoring driveways & other outdoor locations
Product detailsColour Name:Motion Detector Alert Kit
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 3.56 x 12.7 x 12.7 cm; 340.19 Grams
- Date First Available : 28 November 2017
- Manufacturer : Swann
- ASIN : B01GR19150
- Item Model Number : SWADS-ALARMS-GL
Best Sellers Rank:
65,317 in Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Home Improvement)
- 440 in Home Security Kits
- Customer Reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Swann’s Wireless Home Doorway Alert Kit is an easy to use alert system to suit 2 entrances that sounds an alarm when motion is detected. Built for home and business security, the Kit is 100% cable free and has everything you need in the pack for DIY installation. The Home Doorway Alert Kit detects motion from two PIR Sensors and sounds an audible alarm when someone enters a door or your property, or a car enters a garage or driveway. It’s perfect for front and back doorways, retail entrances and storerooms, driveways and outside entrances. The system has a long 100% wire-free signal so you can position the Sensors on your front gate and your back doorway up to 200ft (60m) away from the Receiver unit. With two Sensors it’s double the security. The Home Doorway Alert Kit from Swann - it’s advanced security made easy.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
What it doesn't really explain is that although it has a 'multitude' of melody options, none of them can actually be set for the notification alert. It doesn't explain this in the instructions or on product description and it took me a while to work this out that they are for the doorbell option only (which it doesn't actually come with so the button is well....useless). All I really wanted was a 'ding dong', which is actually part of the melody so it was confusing the hell out of me as to why it wouldn't set; but no you are subjected and forced with 'noise' that is more likened to something from an 70's repetitive horn style clock or car alarm, so much so that I don't really have any words to describe it except "MER MER MER MER MER MER MER MER MER MER MER"
Take the above and then consider the volume options; Very Loud, Ultra Loud, Mega Loud; my eardrums are taking a beating, and god help you if you actually have this thing go off at 3am in the morning; ok yes I know the whole point of it is as an 'alert' but OMG, if you want something to make you think there is some sort of act of god and you need to save your family from impending doom, then this is it.
Additionally, you can't actually switch it off, which would makes sense as the main unit is battery powered, and I would imagine if you are not using the doorbell aspect (to re-iterate which it doesn't come with), then you really only need to use it of an evening/night, and silencing it isn't exactly easy either; I've read the instructions and followed them, yet it still persists to alert me despite it being set (or at least me thinking I have). For gods sake a switch is all that is needed! I've resorted to removing a battery for now until I need to actually use it.
On the whole, it does the job, but cost wise I'm not convinced it's worth the £30, maybe £15-£20