|Item Model Number||RS819|
|Product Dimensions||32.77 x 47.75 x 4.32 cm; 4.34 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||32.8 x 47.8 x 4.3 centimetres|
|Item Weight||4.34 kg|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||8 May 2019|
Synology 4 Bay NAS Rackstation RS819 (Diskless)
- Scalable 4-bay 1U rack mount NAS for business workgroups; scale up to 8 drives with Synology RX418
- 64-Bit quad-core 1.4GHz processor; encryption performance at over 224 MB/s reading, 152 MB/s writing
- Compact chassis design, Less than 12-inch deep
- Dual 1GbE LAN with failover and Link Aggregation support
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 4, 096 system-wide snapshots and 256 snapshots per shared folder
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Synology Rack station RS819 is a compact and scalable 4-bay rack mount NAS in 1U form factor. Powered by Synology Disk Station Manager with snapshot technology support, RS819 brings business workgroups simple yet comprehensive solutions to data management, sharing, synchronization and backup. Synology RS819 is backed by Sinology's 3-year limited warranty.
From the manufacturer
Synology 4 Bay NAS Rackstation RS819
- RS819 is a compact and scalable 4-bay rackmount NAS in a 1U form factor. With snapshot technology support, RS819 brings business workgroups simple yet comprehensive solutions to data management, sharing, synchronization and backup.
- RS819 supports up to 8 drives when connecting with one RX418 expansion unit. Since both RS819 and RX418 are only 12 inches in depth, they can fit perfectly in a 2-post or wall mount rack.
- Compact chassis design capable of fitting in a 2-post rack
- The 2-post rack mount is easy to assemble and space-saving, allowing you to set up anywhere
- File Station is a web-based, fast and secure management tool built to allow easy, drag-and-drop operations without requiring any complex setup on Mac or PC. Advanced search and filtering tools allow for easy organization and file sharing. For complete compatibility, RS819 supports the following protocols: AFP, FTP, iSCSI, NFS, SMB, and WebDAV.
Powered by Synology DSM
- Backup and synchronize data easily between your public cloud accounts and your NAS.
- A versatile solution for file management and synchronization.
- Save additional investment by integrating various network services, web/mail services, management applications into your NAS.
- Schedulable and instantaneous data protection of shared folders and iSCSI LUNs for disaster prevention.
- Comprehensive built-in security tools are constantly updated to protect your devices against evolving threats.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Lo tengo trabajando con 4 discos Seagate Iron Wolf de 12 TB c/u en raid 6 y está funcionando perfectamente.
Edit: it looks like the DS418PLAY or DS918+ would have been much better for my needs (though not rack-mounted).
I also wanted to use for photo storage but neither PhotoStation or Moments are quite what I was looking for (PhotoStation has a ver primitive interface, and Moments seems geared just for capturing phone photos).
Don't get me wrong, it's amazing to get a rackmount NAS at this price point, and I like having it for home backups etc. It just doesn't solve the problems I wanted it to -- and which the marketing makes you think it will.
I have an RS816 that actually has a higher transfer rate on RSYNC by over 10mbps. The RS816 also boots ~7 seconds faster. The Synology DS918+ by comparison (a desktop NAS, not rackmount) boots significantly faster and has over 20mbps higher RSYNC backup speed.
For Windows transfer to the NAS via SMB or Acronis backup, I was getting roughly the same backup speed for a 130GB image as I was on the other NAS's in the rack. But, for my use case, which is backing up all other NAS's in the rack to the RS819 for a second copy (I'm a photographer, so I can't lose photos), this is a bit slow and their DS918+ desktop NAS is much faster at ~$50.00 less.
The Synology rack series is built to a bit higher standard than the desktop NAS’s and I believe the rack series are really targeted at more of the business side of things. At the end of the day, you have to consider the use cases and see if this is the right NAS for those use cases. Again, in my particular instance, most of the RSYNC work is done at night while I’m sleeping, but the initial RSYNC seeding of the data was slower on this RS819 by a significant amount, than it was on other NAS’s in my rack. If used for mostly Windows transfer, this unit works great for that.