|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
Toshiba N300 4TB NAS 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive- SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 128MB (HDWQ140XZSTA)
|Price:||+ $14.31 Delivery|
|Type of product||3.5 Inches|
|Digital Storage Capacity||4 TB|
|Hardware Interface||SATA 6.0 Gb/s|
About this item
- Built for small office and home office NAS
- Designed for 24/7 operation
- High reliability with up to 180TB/year workload rating
- High performance 7200 RPM drive with large cache size
- Integrated RV sensors to compensate for rotational vibrations
- Includes Toshiba 3 year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Toshiba's N300 3.5 inch internal hard drive offers high reliability for NAS and other high performance storage systems. It is optimized to meet the reliability, endurance, performance and scalability requirements of 24 hour x 7 day high capacity storage for personal, home office and small business use. The N300 is ideal for multi RAID systems supporting up to 8 drives and workloads of up to 180TB per year. Perfect for small workgroups hosting a cloud or seeking centralized data sharing, storage and backup. Each drive is packed with advanced technologies to ensure the long term reliability and performance you demand. Multiple shock sensors detect and compensate for shock and rotational vibration, while heat prevention controls automatically adjust seek speeds to minimize potential data damage. Toshiba's Stable Platter Technology stabilizes the tied spindle motor to curb system induced vibration and strengthen system performance during read/write operations. Should an issue occur, this drive's error recovery control helps prevent critical downtime ensuring that your work doesn't miss a beat. With a large 128MB data buffer, the N300 drive boosts performance and shortens read speed during high data access loads. Plus, its class leading 240 MB/s data transfer speed will keep your projects moving at a lightning fast pace. With excellent reliability and 24/7 performance, it's hard to beat this all star NAS storage performer.
From the manufacturer
Toshiba N300 NAS 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Designed for 24/7 Reliability
The Toshiba N300 NAS Internal Hard Drive is optimized to meet the reliability, endurance, performance, and scalability requirements of a 24/7 network attached storage (NAS) system for personal, home office, and small office use. The N300 has the capacity and speed to grow with your business – delivering up to 14TB (1) storage and up to 256 MB buffer, with scalability up to 8 drive bays (6) in a multi-RAID environment.
Use for (2):
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Desktop RAID and servers
- Multimedia server storage
- Private cloud storage
- Small business server and storage
- Capacity (1): 4TB
- Interface: SATA 6 Gbit/s
- Drive Bays supported (6): Up to 8
- Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM
- Cache size: 128 MB
- Workload rating (8): Up to 180 TB/year
- MTTF (9): up to 1 million hours
- Limited Warranty (3): 3 years
Whether you’re hosting a cloud, sharing files between workgroups or powering a high-traffic network, the N300 NAS hard drive delivers advanced reliability supporting workloads of up to 180 TB per year (7) and MTTF of up to 1 million hours (8) to help keep your NAS system running 24/7.
The Speed to Stay Ahead
Designed to handle high data workloads in a multi-RAID NAS environment, the N300 delivers fast data transfer speed up to 260 MB/s (9)* – thanks to the large cache size and 7200 RPM speed. Plus, Toshiba’s cache technology helps optimize cache allocation during read/write cycles to provide high performance in real time.
* transfer speed varies by capacity
Built-in Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors and heat prevention controls detect and compensate for shock, rotational vibration, and heat, while error recovery control helps reduce critical downtime – so you can access your data when you need it.
Peace of Mind
The N300 comes with features to help safeguard your data and provide optimal performance for your NAS system. It’s all backed by over 45 years of storage expertise and exceptional quality of Toshiba, the name you can trust. Plus, it comes with a Toshiba three-year limited warranty (3) that gives you peace of mind.
|S300 Surveillance (3.5 inch)||V300 Video Streaming (3.5 inch)||N300 NAS (3.5 inch)||X300 Performance (3.5 inch)||P300 Desktop PC (3.5 inch)||L200 Laptop PC (2.5 inch)|
|Application (2)||Office Surveillance system, sDVR, sNVR||Home Surveillance system, DVR, NVR, Set-top Box||Small Office / Home Office Network system||Gaming, Graphics, Photo/Video Editing||Home / Office Desktop Computing||Mobile Computing, Console Gaming|
|Capacities (1)||10TB, 8TB, 6TB, 5TB, 4TB||3TB, 2TB, 1TB, 500GB||14TB, 12TB, 10TB, 8TB, 6TB, 4TB||14TB, 12TB, 10TB, 8TB, 6TB, 5TB, 4TB||3TB, 2TB, 1TB, 500GB||2TB, 1TB, 500GB|
|Interface||SATA 6 Gbit/s||SATA 6 Gbit/s||SATA 6 Gbit/s||SATA 6 Gbit/s||SATA 6 Gbit/s||Up to SATA 6 Gbit/s|
|Rotational Speed||Up to 7200 RPM||Up to 5940 RPM||7200 RPM||7200 RPM||7200 RPM||5400 RPM|
|Cache Size||Up to 256 MB||64 MB||Up to 256 MB||Up to 256 MB||64 MB||Up to 128 MB|
|Drive Bays Supported (6)||Up to 8||Up to 8||Up to 8|
|Cameras Supported||Up to 64||Up to 4|
|Workload Rate (7)||Up to 180 TB/yr||Up to 72 TB/yr||Up to 180 TB/yr|
|Limited Warranty (3)||3 years||2 years||3 years||2 years||2 years||2 years|
1. Actual formatted capacity may vary. For details, see Toshiba's consumer HDD website
2. Compatibility may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration & operating system
3. Standard limited warranty applies. The warranty brochure can be viewed online at Toshiba's consumer HDD website
4. Product specifications, colors, configurations and components are subject to change without notice
5. "2.5-inch" & "3.5-inch" mean the form factor of HDDs. They do not indicate drive's physical size
6. For "Drive Bays Supported", please contact your Solutions Provider as compatibility with host device will vary based on the system
7. Workload is defined as the amount of data written, read or verified by commands from host system
8. MTTF (Mean Time to Failure) is not a guarantee or estimate of product life. Actual operating life of the product may be different
9. The maximum sustained data rate & interface speed may be restricted to the response speed of host system & by transmission characteristics
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Canada on 6 January 2020
Official source that confirms the PMR:
"For example, in use cases such as network-attached storage (NAS), where continuous random writing regularly occurs, Toshiba’s current product line for consumers features the N300, which does not use SMR."
Can be located by searching "Use of Shingled Magnetic Recording (SMR) technology in Toshiba Consumer Hard Drives".