Tribe of Hackers Blue Team: Tribal Knowledge from the Best in Defensive Cybersecurity Paperback – 20 August 2020
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st edition (20 August 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 368 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119643414
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119643418
- Dimensions : 14.99 x 2.03 x 22.61 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 5,959 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
From the Publisher
MARCUS J. CAREY is a cybersecurity researcher and inventor with patents in cryptography and cybersecurity and more than 25 years of experience in protecting the public, private, and government sectors. He was the Founder and CEO of Threatcare, which was acquired by ReliaQuest. Follow Marcus on Twitter at @marcusjcarey.
JENNIFER JIN graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 2017 and started her first job at Threatcare soon after. She became Threatcare's Head of Communications and Marketing before Threatcare was acquired by ReliaQuest. Jennifer helped host the very first Tribe of Hackers Summit and is the co-author of Tribe of Hackers. Follow Jennifer on Twitter at @jen_jin.
From the Inside Flap
"TRIBE OF HACKERS" RETURNSPROVIDING THE BEST ADVICE ON CYBERSECURITY BLUE TEAMS FROM SOME OF THE MOST TRUSTED NAMES IN THE INDUSTRY!
Cybersecurity blue teams are an organization's core defense to assess and protect against vulnerabilities, finding weaknesses before hackers do and adapting on the fly to fight back during incidents. From the authors who brought you the bestselling Tribe of Hackers comes Tribe of Hackers Blue Team, a collection of invaluable real-world insights from the world's leading cybersecurity experts. This book offers perspectives on cybersecurity blue team issues including how to learn and practice blue team skills, how to communicate with and manage non-technical executive expectations, and where to start if you're rebuilding from a primitive security infrastructure.
Top blue teamers including Danny Akacki, Amanda Berlin, Sami Laiho, Bright Gameli Mawudor, Alyssa Miller, Stuart Peck, Jayson E. Street, and Jake Williams share their best blue team tips and strategies, describe the toughest challenges they've faced, and reveal what they've learned along the way. Inside, you'll find practical advice on identifying the core capabilities you need, rewarding good blue team work, and measuring blue team success. This is a must-read for anyone involved in or aspiring to be a blue teamer or to lead a blue team.
Tribe of Hackers Blue Team answers questions such as:
- What are some of the key strengths of an incident response program?
- What are some core metrics that a blue team can use to build, measure, and maintain a successful information security program?
- What is the most bang-for-your-buck security control?
- How do you engage all the different units of an organization to maximize defense?
- What strategies do you use to communicate the threats you encounter to non-technical decision-makers?
- What framework aligns the blue team's activities with regulatory compliance requirements?