- Get 90 DAYS FREE of Amazon Music Unlimited with purchase of an eligible product. Listen FREE for 90 days. Learn more here.
UGREEN M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, Aluminum USB C 3.1 Gen 2 to M-Key M&B-Key NVMe PCIe 10Gbps External Enclosure Compatible with MacBook Pro, WD, Samsung, Toshiba, Fits 2230/2242/2260/2280 NVMe PCIe SSD
- ONLY for NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD: UGREEN M.2 SSD Enclosure is specially designed for M-Key & M+B Key NVMe PCIe based SSD up to 2TB. Offering an easy way to connect M.2 SSD with your USB-C (Thunderbolt 3 Compatible) laptops for file backup, disk upgrade, clone, data recovery and storage expansion. 【Does not support NGFF SATA based B-Key and M&B-Key M.2 SSD, M.2 PCIe AHCI SSD, mSATA SSD.】
- 10Gbps with UASP Accelerated: With the latest USB 3.1 Gen2, PCIe Gen3 and UASP ready, this M.2 enclosure achieves 10Gbps data transmission rate from NVMe PCIe SSD to USB-C laptops, which is faster enough to transfer 10GB files in 10 seconds. The advanced ASM2362 chip greatly ensures a steady and speedy transmission. Your NVMe SSD will perform at its best with super speed transmission at 900-998MB/s reading and writing.
- Tool-Free Installation: UGREEN M.2 NVMe enclosure allows quick and easy installation of your M.2 NMVe SSDs. Plug and play, no driver needed. Just slide the back cover and open the case, plug your M.2 SSD into the M-Key or M&B-key slot, fasten with two rubbers included, finally close the cover. Compact and portable with a sleek aluminum shell for easy carrying while on the go.
- Broad Compatibility: Supports Windows, LINUX, Mac OS 8.0 and above systems. Compatible with Samsung 970 EVO Plus/ 970 EVO/970 Pro/960 EVO/950 PRO/PM981/SM961/ PM951, WD Black SN750, Crucial P1 1TB, HP EX900, Intel Optane 800P/760P, Toshiba RC100/XG5/XG6, ADATA XPG SX8000, CORSAIR MP300/MP510, Plextor M9Pe/M8Pe, Kingston A1000,Pioneer APS-SE10G-512, Sandisk Extreme PRO m.2, Seagate BarraCuda 510, etc. 【Not Spport USB-C Smartphone】
- User Friendly Design: Made of premium aluminum alloy for better heat dissipation, no cooling fan is needed for high-speed working. The LED indicator lets you know the working status easily. Features S.M.A.R.T function to check the status of your M.2 SSD on computer. Built with short-circuit, over-current and multi-protection to ensure safety for your SSD and valuable data.
Special offers and product promotions
- Package Dimensions : 15.8 x 9.6 x 1.8 cm; 80 Grams
- Date First Available : 12 February 2019
- Manufacturer : Ugreen Group Limited
- ASIN : B07NPFV21K
- Item Model Number : 60354
- Best Sellers Rank: 2,470 in Computers (See Top 100 in Computers)
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Portable NVMe M.2 SSD External Enclosure
- UGREEN M.2 USB-C Enclosure is designed to house a M-Key or M+B Key NVMe PCIe SSD and turn it into a portable USB 3.1 external drive for maximum utilization. Tool-free and no driver needed, just plug and play. Ideal for cloning files, backing up data, reusing old M.2 SSD, expanding storage space.
10Gbp SuperSpeed & UASP Supported
- This M.2 SSD enclosure features latest USB 3.1 Gen 2 and PCIe GEN 3, which supports amazing data transmission rate up to 10Gbp. It is faster enough to transfer 1GB files in 1 second.
- The USB 3.1 interface incorporates with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) that enables it to perform a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed than conventional USB 3.1 when used with a UASP-enabled host computer.
- Plug & Play and Hot-Swapping. Easy installation & no driver required. No additional power required.
- Support all 2230 2242 2260 2280 PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD of M-Key or M+B Key form factor.
- Support UASP, S.M.A.R.T and TRIM.
- Constructed with aluminum alloy which is better for heat dissipation, no worry about over-heat.
- Built with short-circuit, over-current and multi-protection to ensure safety for your SSD and valuable data.
- 1.Not support NGFF SATA SSD.
- 2. Only support PCIe NVME M-Key M.2 SSD. Not Support PCIe AHCI M.2 SSD or M.2 NGFF SATA SSD. Some SSDs have both AHCI & NVMe or SATA & NVMe editions available. For example, Samsung SM951 SSD.
- 3. To achieve 10Gbps data transmission rate, the USB 3.1 interface on your PC should be USB 3.1 Gen 2. Some PCs only comes with USB 3.1 Gen1 whose max speed is 5Gbps.
- 4.Not support USB-C Smartphone.
- 5. It is normal that the aluminum case heating up, for the high-speed NVMe M.2 drives generate much heat while working.
Designed for NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
- The NVMe M.2 Caddy features a sleek and compact size(L122*W40*H12mm), it is specially designed for M-Key and M+B Key PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD of 2230/2242/2260/2280 from factors up to 2TB, Does not support NGFF SATA based B-Key and M&B-Key M.2 SSD, M.2 PCIe AHCI SSD, mSATA SSD.
- M-Key M.2 SSD: Compatible with Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB/500GB/1TB, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB/500GB/1TB/2TB, Samsung 970 Pro, Samsung 960 EVO, Samsung 950 PRO, Crucial P1 500GB/1TB, WD Black SN750 250GB/500GB/1TB/2TB, WD Blue SN500 2280, Intel 760P Series, ADATA XPG SX8000/XPG SX8200, CORSAIR Force Series, Plextor M8Pe, Plextor M9Pe, HP EX900, Kingston A1000, PNY CS2030,Seagate BarraCuda 510/ FireCuda 510, SANDISK EXTREME PRO 3D SSD 500GB/1GB;
- M+B Key M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD: Compatible with Kingston A1000, Intel Optane 800P, Toshiba RC100, Pioneer APS-SE10G-512;
USB USB-C & USB-A Devices Supported
- To utilize the full performance of the PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD drives, this M.2 SSD Case is engineered with USB C 3.1 Gen2 interface and comes with a 0.5m USB-C to USB-C cable. Work straight with USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 laptops & desktops or OTG enabled phones/tablets, compatible with MacBook 2016, MacBook Pro 2017, MacBook Air 2018, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5/S8/S9, Lenovo XPS 15/13, Google Pixelbook, Acer Chromebook R11.
- For USB-A devices, compatible with Sony PlayStation 4,PS4 Slim,PS4 Pro,PS3, Xbox One S, USB-A to USB-C Cable is requested (not included)
Quick and Easy Installation
UGREEN M.2 SSD enclosure requests no tools. Just use the included rubber fasteners to secure your M.2 SSD drives on to the board. More convenient.
Note: If your M.2 SSD is the first use, you should format it before using. Only in this way can SSD be recognized by computers.
Safer Housing for Your M.2 SSD
Made of solid aluminum, UGREEN SSD Enclosure offers outstanding protections to your expensive M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD and keeps it against drops and knocks.
Aluminum also does better at heat dissipation, which will protect your high-speed working M2 SSD from over-heat.
Convenient to Control
With white LED indicator, you can learn the working status of this M2 Case easily. Flashing means processing data transmission.
Slim Size For On The Go
Slim and pocketable size(L122*W40*H12 mm) makes it easy to take around. You can store it into a handbag / backpack / laptop bag, even a pocket.
A perfect companion for your laptop while on the go!
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Once I received a new Samsung 970 EVO to replace my current M.2. SSD I plonked the new on in this enclosure. Using Samsung's own migration tool I cloned the 200+ GB from my old SSD to the new on in this enclosure in about 20 minutes, way quicker than I was expecting. It's worth noting this runs a hot under load but then, with no cooling that's to be expected.
The enclosure now houses my old SSD and is great to use as a quick and portable drive for my Surface. Highly recommended product. No issues with Samsung's tools detecting the SSD (something I read can happen with enclosures) so a big thumbs up from me!
excellent instructions and immediate results.
it makes upgrading Laptop SSDs a breeze, so good i am buying a second unit for ease of imaging from a smaller 128GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD
Windows users buy! Linux users beware.
Top reviews from other countries
To do that, you'll need an M.2 enclosure - preferably one with a USB-type-c connector so you can reuse Android chargers. This UGREEN did the job perfectly. So now I have a 1 TB SSD in my Lenovo for about 25% off the cost of getting it directly from Lenovo, and also have a reasonably compact 256 GB flash drive.
It has limited thermal dissipation, I noticed with a few brands of SSD that run hot it was a bit concerning. I would not use this in a permanent (always connected) installation but I am not faulting it for that because that is not it's intended use, and it's more an issue with those brands of SSD.