I did alot of research in buying this monitors. Like days and days of research. I liked that it had the 3 year warranty, because i thought that they would stand behind their product. I was dead wrong. I am not rich, and it is disappointing to have spent my money on a monitor only to find that mislead me about the quality and warranty of it.
If you can wait a year I would wait for 4k monitors to become cheaper. 4K monitors will become the new standard soon. If like high quality sound then you will need to buy separate speakers. The built in speakers have some bass, but not alot. Included in the review is a video with the motion test, and the speaker test recorded on my phone. The video I posted i think is an accurate test of the sound quality of what the monitor is like in person.
Having read other reviews here I agree with other reviews in that if you can save and buy a higher quality 4K product you would be better off. It seems that there are defective models out there, so buyer beware.
"A 3-year limited warranty and the industry's best pixel performance policy make the VX2452mh a great long-term investment." (Is a gross exaggeration.)
1. Built in speakers.
2. Good 1080 image quality excluding the dead pixels.
3. Stylish design.
4. The back light is good. It can dimly lite my room at night.
5. The patriot logo on the left top side is cute.
6. The price point is reasonable given the 1080p and the speakers.
7. The power light is large. The power light is blue when on and orange on stand by.
8. 24 inches is a nice size for browsing the web and light gaming.
9. The monitor has no warm parts.
10. I am not an expert but the contrast looks good.
1. The warranty is useless because you have to pay for shipping to have it repaired ($50-60). With all the time and hassle you might as well buy another monitor.
2. The speakers are passable. Good for Youtube
3. No meaningful Bluelight filter mode. (The ad copy is an exaggeration.)
4. No meaningful Gaming Mode. (The ad copy is an exaggeration.)
5. Bezels are large.
6. The stand is flimsy plastic. (Wobbles easily)
7. The menu buttons are cheap and hard to use. (The screen moves when you press the buttons)
8. No HDMI cable included.
9. No height adjustment, can slightly tilt only.
10. Kinda dull color (For browsing the web and gaming it is fine)
11. TN panel with poor viewing angles. (You will have to tilt it if you move around alot.)
12. The screen itself is fragile.