|Number of Items||1|
|Item Model Number||V200|
|Product Dimensions||31.75 x 27.56 x 28.07 cm; 694.56 Grams|
Vortex Optics Viper HD 2018 Roof Prism Binoculars
|Price:||+ $18.61 Delivery|
|Water resistance level||Waterproof|
About this item
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8x magnification and 42mm objective lenses, the 2018 Viper HD is a high-end, full-size yet compact binocular that is suited for any hunt. An easy-to-grip, rubber armored chasis with perfectly placed thumb indents provides superior ergonomics.
- A high density optical system delivers exeptional resolution and edge to edge clarity. XR anti-relfective lens coatings give bright, full views even in low light situations.
- A locking, right-eye diopter tailors each barrels' focus to your eyes. The smooth, center focus wheel provides fine focus control and quick sharp views. Twist-up eyecups rest comfortably against the face and provide customized eye relief.
- Argon purging and o-ring seals provide a lifetime of waterproof and fogproof performance. Ultra-hard, scratch resistant armortek protects the exterior lenses from scratches, oil, and dirt.
- In the field, you should have no trouble reaching them at a moment’s notice with the included GlassPak Chest Harness providing comfortable, protected, strain-free, all-day carry.Field of View:409 feet @ 1000 yd / 135.8 m @ 1000 m
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The Vortex Viper HD 8x42 Roof Prism Binoculars combines premium optics and a rugged construction in a remarkably compact and lightweight package. Whether you're a hunter, shooter or outdoor adventurer, you're sure to benefit from the high performance of the Viper HD binoculars.HD (High Density) Extra-Low Dispersion Glass Thanks to HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass, the Viper HD delivers impressive resolution and color fidelity resulting in high definition images. Vortex's own XR fully multi-coatings increase light transmission and include multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces. FeaturesMagnification: 8xObjective Lens Diameter: 42 mmEye Relief: 17 mmExit Pupil: 4.2 mmLinear Field of View: 409 feet/1000 yardsAngular Field of View: 7.8 degreesClose Focus: 6.5 feetInterpupillary Distance: 56-75 mmColor: GreenHeight: 5.6 inchesWidth: 4.9 inchesWeight: 24.5 ouncesWarranty: The VIP Warranty - Vortex unconditional, unlimited lifetime warranty
From the manufacturer
Viper HD 8x42 Roof Prism Binocular (V200)
The Viper HD – Premium optics and rugged construction in a tremendously compact, lightweight package – What more could you need? Well, perhaps a quality chest harness to comfortably and securely carry your investment in the field, but that’s included, too! Hunters, shooters and outdoor enthusiasts alike are sure to benefit from the high performance of the Viper HD binoculars.
Binocular Basic Operation
Adjust Eyecups & IPD
Enjoy comfortable viewing even if you wear eyeglasses. Simply twist the eyecups up or down to see the full field of view. Keep the eyecups fully extended if you aren’t wearing eyeglasses or sunglasses.
The IPD (interpupillary distance) is the distance between the centers of the left and right pupil. Your binocular also has an IPD. To see a single image free of shading, rotate your binocular until its IPD aligns with your eyes.
Focus Your Binocular
For the best views, use the center focus and diopter to adjust for vision differences in each eye. Choose an object that is about 20 yards away from you and perform this two-step process:
Follow this two-step process to gently clean the exterior lenses of your binocular.
Review this product
Top review from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
So, what to conclude? Did I pay an extra $200 for a better carry case and a harness? Don't get me wrong--these are excellent binoculars. The quality of the optics cannot be denied. But I found the Monarch 5 optics just as good, and the Pentax only a smidgen behind. If there is an optical difference between the Viper and the Monarch 5, I couldn't tell. If you are looking for excellent mid-range binoculars and need to save some cash, go with the Monarch 5's. If money is no object, sure, get the Viper. They feel very solid in the hands.
1)The ED glass and optics give excellent light gathering capability and high contrast and vivid images.
I was able to spot a river otter that I had never seen before(or was it a beaver?) swimming around in a small pond next to my house at sunset.
2)Very high build quality and feel that is not quit apparent from pictures.
3)Great for birding and allows ID of colors and markings with ease.
1)Only 1.5 pounds but this weight may still take getting used to.
2)I can't reliably use for star-gazing (8X42) without external stabilization because of small hand shakes
causing blurring, and I don't have hand tremors.