|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
WD Diskless My Cloud EX2 Ultra Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBVBZ0000NCH-NESN
|Price:||+ $25.94 Delivery|
Enhance your purchase
- Centralized network storage and access from anywhere with computers or mobile devices
- High-performance 1.3 GHz dual-core processor and 1GB memory for seamless media streaming and ultra-fast file transfers
- Milestone Arcus Surveillance software with unlimited camera licenses
- Multiple RAID configurations and automatic backup options to help guard important data
- Automatic file synching across all your computers for up-to-date access from anywhere
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
A 1.3 GHz dual-core processor for high performance and ultra-fast transfer speeds. Up to 16TB of centralized storage for your entire network. Simple system management for personalized backup.
From the manufacturer
Populated with ultra-reliable WD Red NAS drives purposely built to thrive in 24x7 NAS environments.
High-performance storage to stream, sync and share from anywhere
Organize your media collection in a single place on this high-performance NAS solution, and access it securely from anywhere. With My Cloud EX2 Ultra, you get ultra-fast transfer speeds for smooth HD streaming. Plus, you'll be able to automatically sync content across computers, easily share files and folders, and enjoy multiple backup options so you can create your own personalized system with ease.
- High-performance 1.3 GHz dual-core processor for smooth streaming
- 1GB of DDR3 memory to multitask with ease
- Centralized network storage and access from anywhere
- Automatic file synching across all your computers
- Simplified file and folder sharing
- Personalized backup and multiple RAID options
Updated for smooth streaming
Upgraded with the powerful Marvell Armada 385 1.3GHz dual-core processor, you’ll get ultra-fast transfer rates for high performance streaming. It also comes with 1GB of DDR3 memory, so you can multitask with ease.
Sync your content across all your computers
With WD Sync, you can automatically synchronize your media and files across your computers and your My Cloud device, so you can be confident your content is always up to date and accessible with all your devices.
Simplified file and folder sharing
Easily customize how you share by using public or private links. With a public link, you can share your content so anyone can see it. Using a private link, you can grant a user limited or full-access and securely collaborate with anyone. Whether you’re on a shoot, or editing at home, you can save your creations at full fidelity and share with your entire network without missing a beat.
Enhanced data protection
With WD SmartWare Pro backup software, PC users can customize when and where their content is saved, while Mac users have full access to Apple Time Machine for personalized backup. You can even automatically back up your data to a separate My Cloud NAS device, or any supported cloud service like Amazon S3, or ElephantDrive. Combined with 256 AES volume encryption, you can securely store files across your entire network, regardless of OS.
Centralize, organize and stream with Plex
The Plex Media Server keeps all your photos, videos and music beautifully organized and prepared for streaming to your PC, mobile device, game console, or other media player. Enrich your media with plot summaries, posters, album covers and enjoy it from home or on the go. Complimentary 3-month trial now included with your purchase!
Milestone ARCUS surveillance software
With Milestone ARCUS surveillance software on your My Cloud EX2 Ultra, you get easy-to-use functionality to help you keep watch on what’s important. You’ll be able to view live feeds, recorded video, or export incidents to take immediate action from almost anywhere with your PC, smartphone or tablet with the free Milestone Mobile app. With more than 3,700 supported cameras to choose from and two (2) free camera licenses included, this is the perfect surveillance solution for your home*.
*After installing the Milestone ARCUS app, a link will be provided within the software with direction for how to purchase additional camera licenses.
|My Cloud EX2 Ultra||My Cloud EX4100|
|Ideal for||Prosumers and Creative professionals||Prosumers and Creative professionals|
|Number of bays||Two-bay||Four-bay|
|Capacity||0TB/Diskless, 4TB, 8TB, 12TB, 16TB, 20TB||0TB/Diskless, 8TB, 16TB, 24TB, 32TB|
|Processor||Marvel ARMADA 385 1.3 GHz dual-core||Marvel ARMADA 388 1.6 GHz dual-core|
|RAM||1 GB||2 GB|
|Gigabit Ethernet Interface||1X||2X|
|USB 3.0 ports||2X – back side||2X – back side; 1X – direct copy port, front side|
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Cons: crappy proprietary software, slow to wake up, admin UI is so bad that most ppl (including myself) opt for SSH into the server directly
I put in 8TB of WD's own NAS grade hard drives and ran a RAID 1 setup. After a year of very minor use of only backing up pictures and documents, this piece of crap started to max out CPU at 100% from God knows what. Cannot access the UI - opening up the login page takes 10 min, another 10 min to login then it just dies. I guess I'll just switch to cloud based storage options and never buy another WD product in my life again.
TL/DR: Works as a great LAN NAS. Horrible Cloud experience compared to OneDrive, GDrive, Dropbox, etc.
- Single WD Cloud App (there's only 1 app compared to several from QNAP/Synology)
- Supports a Remote Backup to another EX2 in another location (ex: ex2 in your house and another ex2 at your brothers house).
- Good Value - performance/price ratio
Setup is quick and easy where all of my computers, laptops, Android TV's, etc, can see the unit immediately. Can stream all files from the NAS without any problem to my Plex Server (separate server). Access speed is adequate for me and suits my needs as a multimedia storage center (upload of pictures, videos, and backup my computers). If all I needed was a NAS inside my house, this unit would do the job nicely.
Where the unit falls down is its Cloud service.
1) You need to restart once in a while. I've had to reset the unit several times to get it to work (this is a known issue, google it and you'll see).
2) There is a warning EVERY time i log into it from mycloud.com (web based access). Are you using add-ins from your browser (ad block, uorigin, https, privacy block, etc)? then this function is pretty much going to need to be whitelisted. Went between Chrome, Firefox and IE (IE isn't supported) to try and make this work. Seriously... this is too much work for something that should be very simple.
3) Slow cloud performance. My internet upload speed is 10Mbps upload and it should be reasonably responsive... Not the ex2! Give it some time and you'll see your pics. Wait 2 minutes and voila! there it is! wait another 30 seconds and there's the first picture. You get the idea. This doesn't happen when you're inside the home (LAN network), performance is fast and there are no issues.
4) Selective Sync isn't as simple as OneDrive, GDrive or Dropbox. I have decades of pictures that I sort out by year. With traditional cloud services like OneDrive, i can choose to see which folder I want to sync to my laptop and saves me from having to store it locally. in contrast, WDSync (the desktop app) wants to fetch and backup ALL of your pictures. If you want to only show certain folders, you have to continually go back into the app and create new folders to sync on your desktop. Once that's done, sure, you can selectively sync folders/pics as you'd like but it's a LOT of work to get there.
5) Uploading pictures can sometimes hang. Yep. Another bug. Check out Google Play reviews and you'll read all about it. Was thinking i could wait until WD fix's this but with the issues I've had above, I decided not to settle.