|Package Dimensions||12.9 x 7.39 x 5.21 cm; 200 Grams|
|Manufacturer Part Number||ID-USB-L001|
|Item Weight||200 g|
Other Sellers on Amazon
WOOCH RFID Locks for Cabinets Hidden DIY Lock - Electronic Cabinet Lock with USB Cable, RFID Card/Tag/Wristband Entry
Enhance your purchase
- ONE FOB ON MULTIPLE LOCKS - This RFID locks are programmable, and you can use one FOB (RFID card/tag) to unlock several cabinets. The only thing you need to do: program the keys into the locks before installation.
- SUITABLE FOR WOODEN CABINETS - RFID cards can work for 1.5" (max.) thick wood cabinet, and RFID tags can transmit through 1.2" (max.) wood. Fits doors up to 0"-1.2" thick, ideal of cabinets, lockers, cupboards, medical carts, data racks, gun boxes, safes.
- COMPACT SIZE & STURDY MECHANISM - Latch and mortise are made by metal, they are sturdy enough for the cabinets. DIY Installing: No Drilling, installed by screws easily. 15,000 openings from 2 x AA batteries.
- HIDDEN LOCK INVISIBLE STYLE - Unlock the cabinet door without touching. RFID card / tags are portable and easy to store. Provides good safety protection of your personal items. Improve children's safety at home, avoid your kids free to open the drawers or cabinet doors.
- MULTIPLE UNLOCK MODES - (1) Single Mode - One user card to unlock; (2) Dual Mode - 2 user cards together to unlock. Package includes: 1xLock,1xLatch, 2xRFID Tag, 2xRFID Card, 1x Screw Package,1x RFID Location Icon.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
You can power the lock with either a (very short) USB cable or two AA batteries. The USB cable is standard USB 2.0 to a 2.5mm bipole, so you may need to hunt around if you're looking for a longer one.
Programming the lock is extremely easy, and you can program other 125khz RFID items like stickers. Perfect for if you want your unlocking item to be inconspicuous (i.e. not a fob or a card). You can pick up a pack of 10 stickers for $10 elsewhere on amazon, just search for 125khz rfid sticker. The lock comes with two cards and two fobs, but no stickers.
It is annoying that the program button is on the opposite side from the latching mechanism. That means that if you want to reprogram and you've lost your master card you'll need to drill a hole for the reset button or unmount the lock to get at the reset button. On the plus side, the device keeps RFID signatures even when the batteries are removed, although I have not yet tested to see how long it retains programming.
The mounting hardware is sparse, but functional. The hatch is stamped metal inside rigid plastic, so it won't stand up to any type of realistic forced entry. But that's to be expected. This isn't for high-security applications, it's for hidden applications or keeping honest people honest.
If you are looking to use this in a puzzle (e.g. escape room, puzzle box) then you'll probably want to open it up to disable the speaker so the solvers can't get extra information, and you'll probably want to buy a longer USB cord (or really hope the batteries don't fail).
There's not much more that one can expect from this item at this price point. If you're looking for an inexpensive way to hide a locking mechanism, then this will do the job.
Reviewed in the United States on 19 July 2019
1) I could not buy more than one unit from the same seller.
2) the ears to hold screws to secure the lock to the wood are thin plastic...broke with a screwdriver
3) the 3m tape is handy, but it's very thin and light and didnt stick to my location (wood), so install was in need of a 3rd hand I didnt have.
1) it programs, locks and unlocks like a charm... very handy and does what it says. Price was not terrible.
Overall... it is a working, hidden, keyless lock: what I needed. BUT the combination of pains such as cheap plastic where metal should be (a quick yank will literally break this thing), 3m tape that isnt guaranteed to do its job, And the fact that I have to buy from multiple sellers for each cabinet door really brings down the value. All in all I need this to keep the good guys out. Nor a high security lock and I dont intend to use it that way. That just meets the standard for me this go around.
The instructions say the lock is supposed to start beeping when the batteries are low notifying you to replace them but there's no way I would trust the batteries to last long enough for me to notice. I ran a test with this lock uninstalled with low batteries in it and it did alert me to that fact but it did not last the 50 opens it said it would prior to completely locking you out. Maybe ten times I opened and closed it before it locked up.
Otherwise the product is solid and works as described. I tested on the cabinet without actually installing it and it would release the lock through 3/4 inch of solid hardwood with the RFID card, but not the key fob.
I would have really like to have included this in my project but instead went with some round neodymium magnets mounted into the base frame and cabinet door that hold it solidly closed.