|Package Dimensions||17 x 10.2 x 3.4 cm; 100 Grams|
|Item Weight||100 g|
|Item Model Number||WLA-237|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||18 July 2018|
Wavlink USB C Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NGFF SSD Enclosure B Key, USB 3.1 m2 Hard Disk Enclosure Case(Included Both USB C and USB 3.0 Cables),Aluminum Design,Support NGFF SSD 2230 2242 2260 2280
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 Port support the speed of data transmission up to 10Gbps,give you a steady and efficient data transfer.Downwards compatible with USB3.0/USB2.0.
- ★★Please Note: Only for M2 "SATA TYPE" SSD B Key,Not support NVMe or PCle.★★
- Professional Aluminum Case,Ultra slim design for a modern look.Provides heat dissipation and data saver for your systems.
- Compliable with NGFF M.2 SSD 2230 / 2242 / 2260 / 2280;Hot-swappable,Plug and Play,No Driver needed.
- What We Offer: 1 x Wavlink USB-C NGFF M.2 SATA External SSD Enclosure Case;1x USB C to USB 3.0 cable;1x USB C to USB C cable;1 x Screw driver; 1 x Instruction manual; 2-year warranty quality guarantee, 24h friendly customer service and email support.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
WAVLINK USB C Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NGFF SSD Enclosure(B KEY)
Unique Aluminum Slim design, portable storage is truly a portable solution. It turns your M.2 NGFF SSD Enclosure B Key into a high-speed storage.It turns your M.2 SSD Enclosure into a high-speed storage solution via a USB 3.1 Gen 2 connection, at up to 10Gbps throughput. USB C to A cable and USB A to C converter suit for both USB 3.0 Type A and Type C interface on the host connection.
Aluminum Slim Design-Portable & Durable
The M.2 NGFF SSD enclosure fits easily into your laptop bag, which is ideal for traveling and carrying.
Its lightweight yet durable aluminum housing helps to ensure your drive won’t be damaged while you’re on the move.
There are screws to ensure a stable operation, protecting your hard drive from dust, scratches, and falling.
USB 3.1 Type-C, Easy Connection
The USB Type-C connector is small and reversible, which makes for easier insertions. You can connect the USB-C plug quickly with either side facing up, which means less risks of damaging your ports and less frustration. That is to say, it is a good way to save your time and breaks the curse- each plug must be opposed.
High Speed USB 3.1 Gen 2
The M.2 SSD enclosure enables you to leverage the speed of your M.2 SATA drives by taking advantage of USB 3.1 Gen 2. It delivers USB 3.1 Gen 2 data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps. It ensures easy access to your files for data migration and data backups so that you can safeguard important datas at all times.
Compatible with NGFF SSD size 2230 / 2242 / 2260 / 2280, the enclosure works with tablets, laptops and desktop computers and other USB-enabled devices with its included USB C and USB 3.0 cables. Supports Widows or Mac OS X or above.
- 1.Voltage: 100~240V
- 2.Operating Temperature: 0°C~40°C
- 12.Support SSD 3.Drivers Size: 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280mm
- 4.Transfer Rate : Up to 6Gbps
- 5. Material: Aluminum
- 6. Ports: 1 × USB 3.1 Type C
- 7.USB 3.1 Cable Length: about 20cm
- 8.Interface type: M.2/NGFF to USB 3.1
- New HDD Drive must be manually mounted or formatted for first time use.
- Only for M2 "SATA TYPE" SSD B Key,Not support NVMe or PCle.-Please make sure that your devices support M.2 SATA Mode
-NOT compatible with PCI-E protocol.
-Compliant with Thunderbolt 3 Type C.
Follow step is to find the brand new ssd drive:
1. use your mouse right key to click "Computer"， it will show a drop-down menu
2. use your mouse left key to click "Computer Managment",
3. use your mouse left key to click "Disk Managment"
After find the brand new ssd drive, please format it, and made partition. Then you can find the drive normally.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The good: the case feels solid, and installing the SSD was relatively easy and quick. File read and transfer speeds are about as fast as you can expect with an SSD over USB3.
The average: the case does get quite warm during use, which is to be expected since these drives do generate some heat, especially with extended writes, and are usually only installed in laptops that allow more airflow. Also while the case itself is nice and compact, the included USB-c cable is on the thicker and stiffer side. So while case is slim and small enough to comfortably keep in your pocket all day, the cable is more awkward to carry the same way. Since you can’t use the one without the other, a smaller more flexible USB-c cable would have been nice.
Other notes: the case ships with a small screwdriver required to install the SSD. However the screwdriver tip was almost too small to remove the case screws. I ended up using my own larger precision screwdriver.
A very nice quality, compact design case. Compared with a SSK case I purchased for an NVME PM981 SSD, this is noticeably smaller.
Sustained write speed using W10 over a thunderbolt USB C connection was +/- 290Mb/s. This is less that the 500Mb/s I got on the SSK, but that is significantly faster, more recent gen 3 M.2 tech. SSK do make a NGFF enclosure, but I haven't got one so can't comment on that.
1. Though the SSK case is bigger (a negative), that has a really nice SSD card holder which presses the SSD card against the metal case when its closed, so the case acts as a proper heatsink. This Wavlink case doesn't do this, instead relying on radiation thermal coupling between the SSD and the case. These SSDs run hot on extended use, when they get too hot the controller throttles speed. I didn't notice this effect in my testing, I'm using this as a occasional SSD HDD for backups, but if you are looking to hit it hard, you may experience this.
2. The supplied leads could be used to charge a car battery! Seriously, these are some heavy duty cables, 5mm in diameter and 50cm long. The SSK comes with 4mm dia cables which are more flexible and shorter at 20cm, much easier to carry around in a little case, with no difference in transfer speed. Not a deal breaker, but who wants to carry around a thick long cable when the SSD is right next to the laptop?
All in all a very nice case, I'm very happy with it, but dropping a star for these two reasons.
Plugged the m.2 into the motherboard to make sure it wasn't the drive, but it fit fine, so definitely the Wavlink enclosure.
sent it back for a refund