- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Windows Server 2019 Inside Out Paperback – 24 October 2019
|New from||Used from|
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
- Publisher : MICROSOFT PRESS; 1st edition (24 October 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 912 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0135492270
- ISBN-13 : 978-0135492277
- Dimensions : 18.8 x 4.7 x 23.11 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 902,135 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
From the Back Cover
- Designed to help experienced professionals succeed with Windows Server 2019 in any environment: enterprise, datacenter, cloud, hybrid, and beyond
- Covers powerful Windows Server 2019 innovations for hybrid cloud, security, Application Platform, and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Contains hundreds of timesaving solutions, tips, and workarounds for planning, implementing, and managing Windows Server
- Optimizing the full Windows Server 2019 lifecycle, from planning and configuration through rollout and administration
- Ensuring fast, reliable upgrades and migrations
- Seamlessly delivering core DNS, DHCP, file, print, storage, and Internet services
- Centrally managing all enterprise DNS and DHCP infrastructure
- Achieving dramatic improvements in storage utilization
- Building flexible cloud and hybrid environments with advanced container and VM features
- Seamlessly integrating Azure IaaS services with Windows Server 2019
- Slashing resource usage and improving availability with Nano Server installations
- Improving configuration management with Desired State Configuration and Chef
- Delivering Active Directory identity, certificate, federation, and rights management services Protecting servers, clients, assets, and users with advanced Windows Server 2019 security features
About the Author
Orin Thomas is a principal cloud operations advocate at Microsoft and has written more than three dozen books for Microsoft Press on topics including Windows Server, Windows Client, Azure, Office 365, System Center, Exchange Server, Security, and SQL Server. He has authored Azure Architecture courses at Pluralsight, has authored multiple Microsoft Official Curriculum and EdX courses on a variety of IT Pro topics, and is completing his Doctorate in Information Technology on cloud computing security and compliance at Charles Sturt University. You can follow him on twitter at http://twitter.com/orinthomas.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
I was a little concerned that it was 'only' 800 or so pages, given that the Server 2012 was two books, each of about 800 pages. I was right to be concerned.
This book gives lots of high level information (which is useful) but skips over so much detail that for many things you still need to reference some other source, rather that it being presented in this book.
Just one example is Hyper-V Replica failover. The book discussed setting up Hyper-V replica, Replica Broker, Shielded VMs etc. However, having set them up,. now what? There is just one short paragraph that says you can do both planned and unplanned failovers, but it doesn't say how, what options need to be done, or in what order, nor can I find any reference to being able to cancel / undo failovers or how to reverse it (without losing data) once your primary server is back up and running.
This happens on other subjects too.
Do I recommend this book? Yes, but with the caveat that if you're looking for deep dive detail, this may not be the only book you need to buy. It's good at explaining concepts and introducing things that I never knew existed, but not always enough to allow you to go do it with just this book in hand.