Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Delivery. Details
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Windows Server 2016 Cookbook: Click here to enter text. Paperback – 22 November 2016
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
Work your way through more than 100 hands-on recipes designed to prepare any server administrator to work with Windows Server 2016
- Get the first book on the market to unleash the power of Windows Server 2016, which improves the lives of thousands of enterprise users
- Be the first to leverage the advent of Containers and Nano Server on Windows Server 2016, which utilizes the resources efficiently and increases productivity.
- This practical, recipe-based approach helps you to delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure using Windows Server 2016
This hands-on Cookbook is stuffed full of practical recipes that will help you handle the essential administrative tasks in Windows Server 2016. You'll start by familiarizing yourself with the look and feel of Windows Server 2016, and will then learn how to navigate through some daily tasks using the graphical interface. You will see how to compose optimal Group Policies and facilitate task automation with PowerShell 5.0 scripting. We will also take a look at the functions available to provide remote network access to your traveling users, and explore the much anticipated Nano Server and Hyper-V built-in integration support that is brand new in Windows Server 2016.
By the end of this book, you will know how to take your Windows Server 2016-powered server and turn it into any common infrastructure role that might be required in your company.
What you will learn
- Build the infrastructure required for a successful Windows network
- Navigate the new Server 2016 interface efficiently
- Implement solid networking and security practices into your Windows Server environment
- Design your own PKI and start issuing certificates today
- Explore the brand-new Nano Server functionality
- Enable nested virtualization on Hyper-V and Server
- Connect your remote laptops back to the corporate network using Microsoft's own remote access technologies, including DirectAccess
- Provide a centralized point for users to access applications and data by configuring Remote Desktop Services
- Compose optimal Group Policies
- Facilitate task automation with PowerShell 5.0 scripting
About the Author
- Publisher : Packt Publishing (22 November 2016)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 494 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1785883836
- ISBN-13 : 978-1785883835
- Dimensions : 19.05 x 2.84 x 23.5 cm
- Customer Reviews: