Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Authors
Yoga Anatomy Spiral-bound – 11 March 2022
Enhance your purchase
With more than a million copies sold, Yoga Anatomy has become an invaluable resource for yoga practitioners, enthusiasts, and instructors around the world. Expanded and updated, the third edition of Yoga Anatomy will provide you with an even deeper understanding of yoga and of the structures and principles underlying each movement.
Building on the success of its predecessors, this revamped edition features new content to further augment your yoga practice:
- A new chapter offering history and context for the idea that anatomy is a story
- Updated chapters on the skeletal and muscular systems
- A new chapter on the nervous system that outlines its key functions and roles in the body
- Significantly expanded breathing and spine chapters to address disc anatomy and damage as well as back pain
- Newly added Cueing Callouts to provide tips and advice on teaching or performing a pose
- New stick figure icons to simply depict the alignment of each pose for quick reference
- A Breathing Inquiry section with each asana to illuminate the connection between breathing and a movement practice
Authors Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, both internationally respected specialists in yoga and breath anatomy, offer a solid grounding in the principles of physical practice common to many systems of yoga. Whether you are just beginning your journey or have been practicing for years, Yoga Anatomy will be an invaluable resource―one that allows you to see each movement in an entirely new light.
About the Author
Kaminoff is the founder of the highly respected yoga blog e-Sutra and creator of a wealth of digital content, including the highly successful online courses at yogaanatomy.net. Leslie and his work and life partner, Lydia Mann, travel and teach together; they reside in both New York City and Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
Amy Matthews has been teaching movement workshops and courses in the United States and internationally since 1994. Integrating experiential anatomy, kinesiology, embryology, and developmental movement with inquiries into pedagogy, educational philosophy, and movement practices, she has taught on somatic certification programs and in a variety of university and studio settings.
Amy is a Body-Mind Centering teacher, an Infant Developmental Movement Educator, a Certified Movement Analyst, and a movement therapist and yoga teacher. She cofounded Babies Project with Sarah Barnaby, and with Leslie Kaminoff she created the advanced studies program for The Breathing Project.
She is currently based in Maine and New York City.
- Publisher : Human Kinetics Publishers USA; 3rd edition (11 March 2022)
- Language : English
- Spiral-bound : 344 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1718215169
- ISBN-13 : 978-1718215160
- Dimensions : 19.05 x 1.91 x 24.77 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 93,146 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
This is as fabulous as previous editions but expanded. One reviewer said it was complicated but I personally did not find that as I have over 15 yoga anatomy books and this is still the best there is for language, description, explanation and diagrams. Highly recommended for yoga teachers, serious practitioners and those that like to be a bit nerdy on anatomy!