|Product Dimensions||5 x 5 x 5 cm; 40 Grams|
|Item Weight||40 g|
|Item Model Number||SXOFT12X|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||30 July 2018|
eXtremeRate Blue Flame Faceplate Cover, Soft Touch Front Housing Shell Case, Comfortable Soft Grip Replacement Kit for Xbox One X & One S Game Controller - Controller NOT Included
- Compatibility Model: Ultra fits for Xbox One X & One S controller ; Not compatible with Xbox One Elite controller & Standard Xbox One Controller.Check the second picture of the listing before purchase
- Fits Perfectly: Fit the best by far; Completely fits flush on all side; Sit properly on all the clips
- Package Includes: 1 * Faceplate shell; 1 * T8H screwdriver; 7* screws. (IMPORTANT: The controller and other parts are not included.)
- Installation Skills Required: Required customers to take apart the controller to install this front housing shell; Required customers handy with controller modifications；Get installation video guide by searching "Extremerate Replace S X Controller Faceplate " on Youtube
- Personalized Feature: This shell is BOMB! Blue flame fire patterned. It was designed by gamer. Great smooth grip, soft touch in hand and feels silky
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- We know that your controller shell is more than just a plastic accessory.
- It is your sidekick, your wing man, your battle buddy.
- This is why we use only the best parts and most vibrant paints to ensure our controllers are of the highest quality.
- Believe me, your friend will admire you after install this exclusive faceplate shell.
Read Before Purchase
- Please check the second picture of the listing. This product is compatible with Xbox One S & Xbox One X controller (Model 1708); It is not compatible with Xbox One Elite & Xbox One standard controller.
- This is a faceplate shell case for controller. The controller, the bottom shell, buttons and other parts are not included.
- Required customers to take apart the controller to replace their original shell; Required customers handy with controller installation; Get installation video guide by searching "Extremerate Xbox One S X Controller Faceplate" on Youtube.
- The texture is not a rubberized finish. Instead, it is semi-slick, matte soft plastic.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
As for the item itself, here's THE BAD:
The faceplate is NOT identical to the image shown here. It's not a million miles off, however my 2 main issues are as follows.
The image is slightly off-centre compared to the Amazon image. It cuts off the water lying in the foreground of the mountain, under the d pad and right thumb stick, and I feel ruins the aesthetic of the plate and the image it's based on. As a result, the mountain just looks like more waves, albeit oddly shaped.
My second complaint is that there is a section painted white at the upper left edge of the plate, which isn't shown on the product image, nor is it part of the art this is based on, which leads me to believe it's a bad print.
In addition to this, there are a couple of spots where the texture is slightly gritty. Considering this product is held in the hands at all times and labelled as soft touch, again it's a bit of a let down.
Here's THE GOOD:
Aside from my complaints above, the overall quality of the item is decent. It has a nice smooth texture, for the most part, and the product image is colour-accurate.
It feels sturdy and unlikely to crack easily.
Despite not being pictured, the faceplate comes with a prying tool not essential but very handy for popping off 2 panels on the rear of your controller, during installation.
I really wanted to love this item.
I will return it and hopefully order a replacement which will be closer to the product images displayed.
If necessary I'll update this review.
Well my original complaints still stand with the replacement.
The image is set ever so slightly higher compared to the last one I received, bit still not a match for the product image.
And the white streak in the upper left corner is even bigger on this one.
NO gritty sections on the paint finish on this one, at least, which is an improvement.
I've fitted the replacement, not a difficult job, however:
Do not expect this to fit as flush as the original faceplate the controller comes with.
The most obvious parts are a noticeable gap along the top of the face plate and the bumpers, as well as a larger cut for the d pad.
These issues are hard to illustrate in photos, due to the back of this faceplate being black and my second controller being black, but with the naked eye you can absolutely see the the glint of metal inside the controller, as well as the light the Home button emits, when on.
Hugely disappointed, would not buy another one of these.
If you care about detail at all, AVOID this product.
Design and colours are great and have stoodles up to daily wear and tear. Comfortable in the hand and doesn't have that slippery feel, with 'glossy' covers. No issues with ill fitting.
It also helps when the kids are playing together. One can't sneakily swap with other, when they haven't charged them properly. Helps limit arguments at home.
All in all I would definitely recommend and be purchasing another in the future.