Awesome headset and for sure the best value/experience money can buy for VR.
I upgraded from the original CV1 and the S is an upgrade in just about every sense.
- Improved optics with bigger sweet spot, larger eyebox, more clarity and less glare/god rays.
- Screen is LCD so not a dark blacks but extra pixels and sub pixels make for a vastly improved image. Using a virtual desktop is now comfortable.
- Ease of use and setup cannot be underestimated.
- Early tracking problems now resolved this is now near perfect tracking covering a much larger area.
- although the inbuilt audio solution is not audiophile certified, it has its benefits for more causal use. The 3.5mm jack on the side makes using 3rd party solutions a breeze.
- Comfort is always going to be subjective but like a new pair of shoes the S has become very comfortable. I do feel it becomes a little warmer than the CV during extended periods but not a huge difference.