Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Lynn Byczynski
Lynn Byczynski is publisher and editor of a monthly news letter Growing for Market. She also operates Wild Onion Farm in Lawrence, Kansas, where she resides with her husband and two children. For more information, please visit the website of Growing for Market here.
Customers Also Bought Items By
An insider's guide to market gardening and farming for those in the business of growing and selling food, flowers, herbs, or plants.
Market Farming Success identifies the key areas that usually trip up beginners—and shows how to avoid those obstacles. This book will help the aspiring or beginning farmer advance quickly and confidently through the inevitable learning curve of starting a new business.
Written by the editor of Growing for Market, a respected trade journal for market farmers, Market Farming Success condenses decades of growing experience from every part of the United States and Canada. It focuses on the factors that are common to market gardeners everywhere and offers professional advice that includes:
• How much you'll need to spend to start a market farming business;
• How much you can expect to earn;
• Which crops bring in the most money—and whether you should grow them;
• The essential tools and equipment you will need;
• The best places to sell your products;
• How to keep records to maximize profits and minimize taxes;
• Tricks of the trade that will make you more efficient in the greenhouse, field, and market.
This new Chelsea Green edition of a 2006 classic is greatly updated and expanded, and includes full-color photos, charts, and graphs, plus many inspiring and instructive profiles of successful market-farming pioneers.