Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Susan Gunelius
Susan Gunelius is President and CEO of KeySplash Creative, Inc., a marketing communications provider offering content marketing, branding, copywriting, social media marketing services. Her clients include Citibank, Cox Communications, About.com, and a variety of large and small organizations around the world.
With over 20 years of marketing, branding, and copywriting experience, Susan is a seasoned corporate professional having spent much or her career developing and executing marketing programs for global and national organizations, including divisions of AT&T and HSBC.
Susan is the author of 10 books about marketing, branding, social media, and technology, and several of Susan's books (which have been translated into multiple languages) are used in university classrooms. As a professional speaker, Susan lectures professionals and students across the globe about marketing, social media, branding and more. She has also been interviewed by a wide variety of television, radio, print, and online media organizations about marketing-related topics.
Susan is a featured columnist for Entrepreneur.com and Forbes.com, and her marketing-related articles have appeared on websites such as MSNBC.com, BusinessWeek.com, and many more. She also owns an award-winning blog for business women, WomenOnBusiness.com.
SUSAN GUNELIUS' WEBSITES, BLOGS AND PROFILES:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/keysplashcreative or www.facebook.com/womenonbusiness
Connect with me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/susangunelius
Customers Also Bought Items By
The increase in the number of blogs is seemingly endless and continues to grow at a phenomenal rate, thanks in part to the rise of smartphones, tablets, and blogging applications. With this kind of popularity, how can a blogger stand out from the rest of the masses? This all-in-one guide is packed with detailed information and advice that helps you create and solidify your place in the blogosphere. You’ll learn how to get started, use blogging tools, collaborate with other bloggers, become a part of mobile blogging, and much more.
- Covers getting started, working with blogging software, other tools, blog marketing, microblogging (including Twitter), making money with your blog, and corporate and niche blogging
- Helps new bloggers become active and productive members of the blogging community
- Provides vital information for both hobby bloggers and those who want to build a career around blogging
Blogging All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition cuts through the clutter and offers you a fun and friendly reference guide to starting and maintaining a successful blog.
With more than 2.6 million email messages sent every second, it's becoming harder to stand out in inboxes—not to mention in a sea of spam, which accounts for 67 percent of those emails. Marketing and strategic branding expert Susan Gunelius gives you the tools you need to grow your list of email subscribers, keep them engaged, and turn them into lifelong customers.
By focusing on building a strong foundation first, you'll learn how to develop a comprehensive email marketing program designed to evolve with your business. Then, Gunelius shows you how to convert subscribers into buying customers and vocal brand advocates with the techniques that marketing professionals use to build their businesses and increase their revenue using email. You'll learn how to:
- Use free content to encourage people to subscribe to your email list
- Develop conversion funnels that drive people to buy from you or sign up for your webinars
- Save time and keep subscribers engaged with your brand with email automation
- Boost conversions with list segmentation techniques designed to get the right message to the right people at the right time
- Test your messages and analyze your performance using key metrics to improve your results
- Win back customers with automation and personalization strategies designed to build a one-on-one relationship with your audience
- Understand the laws and deliverability rules you must follow and tools to help you along the way
Develop your business or career with the pre-eminent professional network
Most people who are new to LinkedIn don't intuitively recognize the potential of the site when it comes to promoting a business, finding a job/project (or being found for one), or raising money for a business venture. The Complete Idiot's Guide to LinkedIn goes beyond the usual "how to set up and account" and "create a profile" to help readers become LinkedIn superusers and get the most out of the website based on their individual goals. The book provides new users with clear and detailed guidance on:
·Filling out the various parts of the LinkedIn profile, customizing it to meet specific professional goals.
·The right and wrongs ways of doing things on LinkedIn-especially helpful to those used to Facebook.
·Finding the right people, making the right introductions, and growing and managing networks.
·Finding and communicating with LinkedIn Groups to help achieve individual business goals.
·Specific suggestions for using LinkedIn to find a job, market a business, raise capital, and increase sales.
You don’t need a professional ad agency or copywriter to create kick-ass marketing copy. This hands-on guide takes you step by step and shows you how to create marketing messages that capture attention and boost profits.
"Kick-ass Copywriting in 10 Easy Steps is a must-read for any small to midsized business owner. It translates difficult writing ideas into everyday language and empowers the average business owner to write more persuasively in a simple, step-by-step process. My advice? Buy this bookand read it twice!"
Dean Reick, direct marketing copywriter, DirectCreative.com
" ...Susan’s warm, engaging style and emphasis on real-world specifics will make even the most writing-phobic business owners feel more confident in their advertising efforts. Susan packs plenty of useful copywriting tools, illustrations, and checklists between the covers, too. Her full-featured 'Copywriting Outline' is surely worth the entire price of admission. Kick-ass Copywriting in 10 Easy Steps is a superb addition to any small-business owner's ready-reference shelf."
Roberta Rosenberg, "The Copywriting Maven" and President, MGP Direct Inc.
Susan Gunelius has created a simple-to- understand guide to writing effective and hard working copy for nonprofessionals such as small-business owners and others who recognize they need to develop this essential skill to promote their business. Kick-ass Copywriting in 10 Easy Steps covers virtually every topic the aspiring copywriter needs to know, from the crafting of impactful copy, to where best to run it. Ms. Gunelius’ book should be on every small business owner’s bookshelf.”
George Parker, creative consultant, author of MadScam,
and advertising blogger at Adscam and Adhurl
Successful online marketing is about more than creating a Facebook page or writing a corporate blog. Brands need to build lasting connections with the right customers online through an effective online content marketing strategy, and this book shows you how. It explores ways to create a content marketing strategy, identify the content that will keep your customers coming back, create that content, distribute it online, and measure the results, with hands-on, step-by-step guidance.
- Content marketing is an essential element of successful online marketing and brand-building; this book shows you how to begin creating and distributing content online to market your business
- Explains why content marketing is important and how to create an online content marketing strategy, which tools to use, and what to avoid
- Shows how to create content and get it published online in long or short form
- Offers plenty of tips, case studies, and worksheets to ensure success
Online content marketing positions your business and your product for lasting customer interaction; Content Marketing For Dummies gives you the tools to create a program that works.
Take advantage of the #1 blog publishing application.
With more than 22 million users worldwide, WordPress is the #1 blog publishing application in the world. This guide provides users of both its hosted blogging service (WorldPress.com) and its self-hosted application (WordPress.org) with everything they need to know to create, customize, manage, and share their WordPress blogs with the world.
BIG PRESENCE isn't just for BIG COMPANIES anymore! A social media marketing handbook for small business owners on the go
Social media has opened the door to anyone who wants to promote themselves--including small businesses. Designed specifically for busy small business owners, this book puts you on the fast track to maximizing your business's visibility and generating profits—regardless of the size of your marketing budget or the time you have to devote to it.
30-Minute Social Media Marketing provides 22 short chapters packed with real-world examples, templates, sample marketing procedures, and screen shots taking you step-by-step through the essentials. With little time and effort, you will master the arts of:
- Blogging and microblogging
- Social networking and bookmarking
- Audio and video
- E-books and webinars
- Direct and indirect marketing
- Brand and relationship building
- Word-of-mouth marketing
- Expanding your reach and establishing your position
- Integrating with traditional marketing
- Evaluating results
By the end of the book, you will have completed a social-media marketing plan that produces real results and created a strategy for future marketing plans--all in just 30 minutes a day.
More than 14 million people are promoting a business, connecting with family and friends, and sharing opinions with Google Blogger. This book helps you start a Blogger account, create content, build an audience, make money from your blog, and more, all without learning to program. You’ll be able to:
- Learn the parts of a blog, what Blogger does, and how to choose goals and blog topics
- Choose a domain name, learn to use the dashboard, pick a template, and configure settings
- Dress up your blog with themes and find out where to get plenty of free ones
- Learn blogging etiquette and some secrets for long-term success
- Make money from your blog with Google Adsense, contextual and text link ads, and merchandising with CafePress
- Set up multi-user blogs or branch into mobile blogging, podcasting, or video blogging
- Take advantage of social networking sites and learn simple search engine optimization techniques
- Maintain your blog with tools like Blog This! and Quick Edit
- Moderate comments effectively, track your stats, and more
Google Blogger is a great choice for beginning bloggers, and Google Blogger For Dummies gives you the know-how to venture confidently into the blogosphere.