Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Linda Larsen
I am a journalist and author. My blog is called "Linda's Best Recipes." I have developed and tested recipes since 1987. I have also written articles for Woman's Day magazine, my recipes have appeared in 'Quick and Simple' magazine and 'First' magazine. I have also been a columnist for 'First' magazine. I have worked for the Pillsbury Company since 1987 and have been a home economist for the Pillsbury Bake-Off contest since 1988.
I hold a B.S. degree in Food Science and Nutrition with High Distinction. And I have a B.A. in Biology from St. Olaf College. I am the editor of Food Poisoning Bulletin, a Google News site.
I've now written more than fifty cookbooks, have written one non-cookbook book (Medical Ethics for Dummies - surprise!) and am in the process of writing more. I love food and cooking and teaching people how to cook and get the most out of their time in the kitchen. Stay tuned!
Customers Also Bought Items By
Master your air fryer with recipes for frying, grilling, roasting, and baking
Air fryers are all-in-one appliances that can do so much more than imitating deep-fried foods! Discover the possibilities with The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook, a recipe book and reference guide that makes the air fryer the centerpiece of any kitchen. Get started with a guide to appliance care and usage, along with handy cooking charts that take the guesswork out of air frying. Choose from a variety of easy recipes for perfectly cooked cuts of meat, tender fish, or freshly roasted veggies. The air fryer can even bake up a decadent dessert!
This standout in air fryer cookbooks includes recipes like:
- Garlic-Roasted Chicken with Potatoes—Choose a small chicken to roast whole in this easy but impressive recipe that crisps the skin outside and leaves the meat juicy inside.
- Creamy Corn Casserole—Bake this comforting dish in a pan inside the air fryer; it whips up quickly and makes a family-friendly side for meatloaf or fried chicken.
- Spicy Thai Beef Stir-Fry—This stir-fry of tender beef and broccoli is tossed in a savory sauce that combines smooth peanut butter with the kick of red chiles and lime juice.
Make the most of this flexible appliance with handy tips and air fryer recipes for every meal.
Tasty, quick, and heart healthy—you really can have it all.
It’s time for some heart-healthy dishes you can happily sink your teeth into. The 30-Minute Low Cholesterol Cookbook replaces bland meals with more than a hundred easy-to-make recipes for savory and sumptuous dishes that complement a low-cholesterol lifestyle.
Want some help getting started with your cholesterol conscious journey? This cookbook has all the health support you need to make informed decisions about what you eat, plus plenty of helpful tips for making the transition as smooth as possible.
The 30-Minute Low Cholesterol Cookbook includes:
- Quick, great tasting meals—Discover how simple healthy eating can be with a collection of yummy dishes that all take 30 minutes or less to prepare.
- 125 tasty recipes—From smoothies and bowls to pasta and dressings, eat well at every meal thanks to a heaping helping of dishes that are high flavor, low cholesterol.
- Common ingredients—Create mouthwatering (and heart-healthy) meals without having to visit specialty grocery stores or deal with hard-to-find ingredients.
Low cholesterol meals that are fast and delicious—let The 30-Minute Low Cholesterol Cookbook show you how it’s done.
Feast on fried food guilt-free with The Ninja Air Fryer Cookbook for Beginners.
Discover how to make the most of this amazing appliance with the official companion cookbook. No matter whether you want to bake, cook, fry, or roast, you can prepare mouthwatering meals in minimal time. Geared toward Ninja newbies, this essential guide will take you through all facets of the air fryer and have you transforming basic ingredients into dynamic dishes in no time.
The cookbook features:
- 75+ scrumptious recipes: Dine morning, noon, or night on a wide range of recipes that are sure to satisfy the whole family. Enjoy everything from tasty, tart blueberry breakfast cobblers to the citrusy blast of crunchy Baja fish tacos with mango salsa.
- Tips to perfect your crisp: Savor the sizzle. Achieve the crunch and consistency you crave with clear tips that help you avoid overcoating your food in oil.
- Emphasis on nutrition: Eat healthy—yes, even when you’re frying—with recipes that focus on nourishing ingredients and smart serving sizes.
Revolutionize mealtime with The Ninja Air Fryer Cookbook for Beginners.
Fried and healthy? Yes and yes!
Healthy food? Or fried food? Why not both? By cooking with hot air instead of oil, air fryers provide a healthier option. The Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook brings you recipes that are not merely healthier than deep-frying with oil, but genuinely nutritious, heart-healthy, and yummy.
The Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook follows American Heart Association guidelines while delivering the flavor and crunch you crave in fried foods. Recipes are easy, requiring no more than 8 ingredients and 30 minutes. All recipes come with nutritional information, proving just how delicious heart-healthy cooking can be.
The Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook includes:
- 100+ air fryer recipes—Enjoy healthy versions of fried favorites, plus delicious new ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and appetizers. Vegan and vegetarian options are also included.
- Heart healthy guarantee—This is the only air fryer cookbook that adheres to the low salt, low fat guidelines of the American Heart Association.
- Nutritional information—Get more tips on heart-healthy eating, and find out how much salt and fat each recipe saves you.
This air fryer cookbook lets you indulge in your favorite foods without an ounce of guilt. What’s not to love?
75+ veggie favorites with a crispy twist—the definitive vegetarian air fryer cookbook
Just because you’ve switched to a meat-free diet doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy deep-fried delicacies. You can still feast on fantastic fried food while staying healthy—The Essential Vegetarian Air Fryer Cookbook shows you how. Featuring more than 75 delicious recipes, this is your go-to guide for whipping up your favorite veggie-based meals using one appliance—your air fryer.
Forget about the stove and oven. You can use your air fryer to sauté, steam, simmer, stir-fry, bake, and so much more. Loaded with yummy favorites like Apple Fritters and Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, this is the air fryer cookbook you need to add a little versatility to your kitchen game.
The Essential Vegetarian Air Fryer Cookbook includes:
- Air fryer 101—If you’re new to the air fryer game, this book teaches you all the basics for getting the most out of this ultimate cooking machine.
- Simple and fast—All of the recipes in this air fryer cookbook include easy-to-find ingredients and helpful cooking tips that get your meals on the table faster.
- Veggie alternative—Discover dozens of recipes designed for pure vegetarians, flexitarians, and even multiple-diet households.
Change the way you cook and eat with The Essential Vegetarian Air Fryer Cookbook.
The easiest cooking method is now even easier
Forget about ordering takeout—slow cooking is the absolute easiest way to serve up delicious meals at home. No matter how busy you get, this slow cooker cookbook makes mealtime simple with recipes you can start before work (or bed!) and have ready and waiting to dish out at mealtime. All you need is a handful of ingredients, a few minutes to prep, and, of course, the Super Easy Slow Cooker Cookbook.
- 115 healthy recipes—From breakfast to dessert, discover a full range of slow cooker dishes that avoid processed ingredients while still satisfying even the pickiest eaters.
- Beginner-friendly guidance—Get the most out of your time and effort with an introductory guide to slow cooking, shopping tips, pantry stocking advice, and more.
- Batch cooking staples—Create and store your own sauces, broths, and other essentials with an entire chapter dedicated to must-have basics.
Make great tasting dishes with ease thanks to this collection of slow cooker recipes.
Whether you've lived on white carbs and trans fats all your life or you're already health conscious but want to clean up your diet even further, Eating Clean For Dummies, 2nd Edition explains in plain English exactly what it means to keep a clean-eating diet. Brought to you by a respected MD and licensed nutritionist, it sets the record straight on this lifestyle choice and includes recipes, the latest superfoods, tips and strategies for navigating the grocery store, advice on dining out, and practical guidance on becoming a clean eater for life.
Clean eating is not another diet fad; it's used as a way of life to improve overall health, prevent disease, increase energy, and stabilize moods. Eating Clean For Dummies shows you how to stick to foods that are free of added sugars, hydrogenated fats, trans fats, and anything else that is unnatural or unnecessary. Plus, you'll find recipes to make scrumptious clean meals and treats, like whole grain scones, baked oatmeal, roasted cauliflower, caramelized onion apple pecan stuffing, butternut mac and cheese, and more.
- Get the scoop on how clean eating helps you live longer, prevent disease, and lose weight
- Change your eating habits without sacrificing taste or breaking your budget
- Make more than 40 delicious clean-eating recipes
- Deal with food allergies and sensitivities
You are what you eat! And Eating Clean For Dummies helps get you on the road to a healthier you.
Slow cooking. Clean eating.
Discover how simple clean eating can be when you have a slow cooker. Filled with easy and delicious recipes, The Clean Eating Slow Cooker is your essential guide to healthy masterpieces. Baked Berry Oatmeal, Mushroom Risotto, Butter Chicken, Beef Brisket BBQ…sample 130 clean dishes your taste buds will love—and your body will too.
Want to learn more about clean eating? Never used a slow cooker? The Clean Eating Slow Cooker features guides that help you learn the benefits of eating clean, picking the right foods, and mastering your slow cooker.
The Clean Eating Slow Cooker includes:
- 130 sumptuous recipes—Make clean eating easy with recipes that are perfect for your slow cooker—and take 20 minutes or less to prep.
- Slow cooking for clean eating—Learn why the slow cooker is perfect for clean eating, plus the best ways to use your slow cooker.
- Information at a glance—Pick your perfect dishes thanks to key nutrition information, plus clear labels for specific diets and dietary restrictions.
Healthy living and clean eating is now convenient thanks to The Clean Eating Slow Cooker.
Succeeding in the healthcare field means more than just making a diagnosis and writing a prescription. Healthcare professionals are responsible for convincing patients and their family members of the best course of action and treatments to follow, while knowing how to make the right moral and ethical choices, and so much more. Unlike daunting and expensive texts, Medical Ethics For Dummies offers an accessible and affordable course supplement for anyone studying medical or biomedical ethics.
• Follows typical medical and biomedical ethics courses
• Covers real ethical dilemmas doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers may face
• Includes moral issues surrounding stem cell research, genetic engineering, euthanasia, and more
Packed with helpful information, Medical Ethics For Dummies arms aspiring medical professionals with the philosophical and practical foundation for advancing in a field where critical ethical and moral decisions need to be rapidly and convincingly made.
Become a better home cook with 100 mouthwatering recipes that require just 15 minutes of prep time
Everyone knows that home cooking is the best way to save money and eat fresh, but after a long day of juggling responsibilities, it’s often easier said than done. With Easy Home Cooking, you can simplify your routine and enjoy home-cooked meals packed with flavor and nutrition—easily. You’ll find a tasty mix of 100 familiar favorites and creative, modern dishes—all of which take 15 minutes or less to prepare for cooking.
Learn how to navigate the kitchen confidently with beginner-friendly recipes like Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches, Spiced Maple Sausage Bake, and Ravioli Lasagna that use simple, everyday ingredients you can find at your local grocery store. Who knew home cooking could be so convenient and quick?
Easy Home Cooking includes:
- Speedy prep pointers—Discover ways to speed up food preparation time for faster home cooking, from planning ahead to learning how to use a knife efficiently.
- Classic & contemporary fare—Explore comfort classics with special twists, as well as contemporary dishes with creative flavor combinations.
- Cooking tips & tricks—Find suggestions for getting the most out of each recipe, from cooking tips to ingredient variations that step up the flavors of each dish.
Create fuss-free, home-cooked meals that delight the whole family with Easy Home Cooking.
Prepped quickly, cooked slowly—wholesome, hearty meals for any day of the week
There’s a reason slow cookers have been a staple in American homes for more than half a century: with just a few minutes of prep in the morning, you can have a delicious dinner waiting for you when you get home. And with The Ultimate Slow Cooker Cookbook, you’ll never get bored with your options. From healthy breakfasts to soups and stews—even enticing desserts—this book has it all!
In the first chapter of this slow cooker cookbook, you’ll get to know your favorite appliance even better, including what settings are best for each dish, a primer on safety, and a few tricks to maximize your slow cooker. Then dive into 225+ creative, simple, and timeless recipes that are designed for maximum flavor for minimum work. From comforting classics like Potato and Sausage Frittata to Moroccan Lamb Stew or even Korean Short Ribs and Carrots, see how this slow cooker cookbook can help you make even more with your slow cooker.
Inside The Ultimate Slow Cooker Cookbook you’ll find:
- Lighten up—No canned soups or super-processed foods in this slow cooker cookbook! Plus, a low-calorie label makes healthy options easy to find.
- Modern meals—Whether you need a casual family meal or dinner party fare, these recipes are fresh and innovative.
- Weeknight heroes—Choose from scores of meals that are specifically designed to take 15 minutes or less of prep and cook for 8 hours, so dinner is ready when you are.
Make the most—and the most delicious meals—out of your slow cooker with The Ultimate Slow Cooker Cookbook