Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
With young adult book sales rising, and bestselling authors like J.K. Rowling and Stephenie Meyer exploding onto the scene, aspiring YA writers are more numerous than ever. Are you interested in writing a young adult novel, but aren't sure how to fit the style that appeals to young readers?
Writing Young Adult Fiction For Dummies gives you tricks of the trade and proven tips on all the steps to write a YA book, from developing an idea to publication.
- Unique writing exercises to help you find your own authentic teen voice
- Tips to avoid when submitting manuscripts
- How to break into the flourishing young adult market
With the help of this step-by-step guide, you'll have all the skills to write an inspiring and marketable young adult novel.
From Sylvia Day's Bared to You to Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster, new adult fiction has arrived--and it's hotter than ever. But there's more to this category than its 18-to-26-year-old characters: The success of your story depends on authentically depicting the transition of your young protagonists from teenhood to adulthood. With Writing New Adult Fiction, you'll learn how to capture the spirit of freedom, self-discovery, and romance that defines the new adult experience.
• Create memorable characters that act and sound like new adults.
• Sculpt a distinct personality for your fiction with POV, voice, tone, and word choices.
• Build a unique, captivating plot that satisfies your audience from beginning to end.
• Learn tools for revising effectively and efficiently in a speed-driven market.
• Weigh the options for your path to publication: traditional, indie, and hybrid.
The new adult category is filled with opportunities to break in with distinct plots and original characters. Make your mark by writing a novel that's fresh, unique--and wholly new adult!