Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
Step up your barbeque game. Pitmaster is the definitive guide to becoming a barbecue aficionado and top-shelf cook from renowned chefs Andy Husbands and Chris Hart.
Barbecue is more than a great way to cook a tasty dinner. For a true pitmaster, barbecue is a way of life. Whether you're new to the grill or a seasoned vet, Pitmaster is here to show you what it takes to truly put your barbeque game on point. Recipes begin with basics, like cooking Memphis-style ribs, and expand to smoking whole hogs North Carolina style.
There is no single path to becoming a pitmaster. Barbecue lovers are equally inspired by restaurants with a commitment to regional traditions, competition barbecue champions, families with a multi-generational tradition of roasting whole hogs, and even amateur backyard fanatics.
This definitive collection of barbecue expertise will leave you in no doubt why expert chefs and backyard cooks alike eat, live, and breathe barbecue.
- Specific tips and techniques for proper smoker operation—the cornerstone of all successful barbecue recipes—using Weber, Offset, Kamado, and other classic smoker styles
- A backyard cooking chapter offering the basics of becoming a successful barbecue cook
- Spotlights on specific regional barbecue styles, such as Texas, Kansas City, and the Carolinas, which set the stage for more advanced barbecue techniques and recipes, such as Butterfly Pork Butt Burnt Ends and Central Texas Beef Ribs
- An exploration of new styles of barbecue developing in the North
- Chris and Andy’s secret competition barbecue recipes that have won them hundreds of awards
- Regional side dishes, cocktails, and simple desserts
- A guest pitmaster in each chapter who is an expert in their given region or style of barbecue cooking. Guest pitmasters include: Steve Raichlen (author and host of Project Smoke on PBS), Jake Jacobs, Sam Jones (Skylight Inn and Sam Jones Barbecue), Elizabeth Karmel (Carolina Cue To Go), Tuffy Stone (Q Barbecue), Rod Gray (eat bbq), John Lewis (Lewis Barbecue), Jamie Geer (owner of Jambo Pits) and Billy Durney (Hometown Bar-B-Que)
Join Andy Husbands and Will Salazar as they share their secrets in The Smoke Shop's Backyard BBQ. Start off with a classic Backyard Barbecue featuring pulled pork, Twice-Smoked Pulled Chicken, deliciously simple brisket, and New Memphis Ribs. With a selection of the Smoke Shop’s favorite sides, drinks, and desserts, it might seem like all you ever needed. Then they go further afield, as the following chapters bring smokehouse flavor home for every occasion:
- Make Taco Tuesday special with Brisket Ropa Vieja Tacos, Pulled Pork Quesadillas, BBQ Empanadas, Street Corn, The Smoke Shop Guac, and Tres Leches Minicakes.
- Amp up your next Cocktail Party with Pork Belly Pastrami Skewers, BBQ Peanuts, and smoked Oysters on the Half Shell, paired with a Downtown Derby cocktail.
- Get ready for Game Day at home, featuring Salt and Pepper Baby Back Ribs, Pork Belly Burnt Ends, The Smoke Shop’s Famous Wings, and The Ultimate BLT Bar.
Veteran barbecue champions Andy Husbands and Chris Hart break the mold by offering a wide range of incredible new dishes for the grill—both coal and gas—that promise to wow family and friends with new taste sensations.
Grill to Perfection is for the adventurous backyard griller tired of the same old sauces and craving new flavors. Andy and Chris take influences from lesser-known but delicious styles in the US. They introduce key international dishes like sweet Korean barbecue; spicy Sichuan chicken sticks and Caribbean jerk ribs. This is an incredible collection of grilling recipes—perfection hot off the grill.
In this book, Chris and Andy serve up new and incredible backyard culinary adventures, the perfect gift for the outdoor cook in your neighborhood.
Wicked Good Burgers ain’t your daddy’s patty on a bun. The upstart Yankee team that revolutionized barbecue with their upset win at the Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational turns their talents to burgers. Wicked Good Burgers fearlessly incorporates new techniques, inspirations, and ingredients to take the burger to the next level—whether it’s the Meatloaf Burger on Pretzel Bread with Cabernet Mustard or the Island Creek Burger with Oysters and homemade cocktail sauce. You’ll learn the art and science of freshly grinding meats—from beef to lamb to goat—for the ultimate juicy burger as well as cooking methods such as smoking, grilling, griddling, and sous vide that impart distinctive flavor.
"Live fire cooking at its wicked BEST! The IQUE team will raise your BBQ IQ." —Carolyn Wells, Ph.B., Executive Director and co-founder, Kansas City Barbeque Society
"A lot of serious barbecue champions have been waiting to see what secrets would be revealed in Chris and Andy’s book, and they are not going to be disappointed! These guys are both finely tuned chefs and hardcore pitmasters, a rare combination, and they’ve shared it all. I now understand how they won the world championship. The barbecue cookbook bar has just been raised." —Ray Lampe, Dr. BBQ, author of Ribs, Chops, Steaks, and Wings
"If there were ever a book that personified the ethos of the chef and brings it right into your kitchen, it is Wicked Good Barbecue. The audacious and tasty recipes showcase everything from the modern classics to serious in-your face-barbeque. Wicked Good Barbecue is a must for every grill aficionado." —Chris Schlesinger, coauthor of Thrill of the Grill and owner of East Coast Grill & Raw Bar in Cambridge, MA
How did two guys from Boston win hundreds of barbecue ribbons, thirty Kansas City Barbecue Society championships, and the biggest prize of them all, the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue? By standing over glowing coals and smoking barrels for days on end to develop barbecue recipes not just good, but "wicked good" as they say in New England.
Award-winning chefs Andy Husbands and Chris Hart reveal their secrets to competition-winning barbecue—from the actual recipe that won the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational, to the 25-Step Championship Chicken that melts in your mouth and the American Royal First Place Beef Brisket, king of them all, hardest to master and unforgettable to eat when it's done right.
Wicked Good Barbecue ain’t your daddy’s barbecue. It’s just the best you’ve ever tasted. So if you want to cook competition-worthy chow, and you think you've got what it takes or want inspiration from the best; crack this book, pick up your tongs, and fire away. Wicked Good Barbecue is your guide to fun, fearless, and fantastic barbecue no matter where you're from.