Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Matt LeMay
Matt LeMay is the author of Agile for Everybody (O'Reilly Media, 2018) and Product Management in Practice (O'Reilly Media, 2017). He has helped build and scale product management practices at companies ranging from early-stage startups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Matt was selected as a Top 50 Product Management influencer by the PM Year in Review for both 2016 and and 2015.
Matt is co-founder and partner at Sudden Compass, a consultancy that has helped organizations like Spotify, Clorox, and Procter & Gamble put customer centricity into practice. In his work as a technology communicator, Matt has developed and led digital transformation and data strategy workshops for companies like GE, American Express, Pfizer, McCann, and Johnson & Johnson.
Previously, Matt worked as Senior Product Manager at music startup Songza (acquired by Google), and Head of Consumer Product at Bitly. Matt is also a musician, recording engineer, and the author of a book about singer-songwriter Elliott Smith. He lives in Brooklyn, NY, with his wife Joan and their turtle Sheldon. You can find more of his work at mattlemay.com.
Customers Also Bought Items By
In this book, author Matt LeMay focuses on the CORE connective skills--communication, organization, research, execution--that can build a successful product management practice across industries, organizations, teams, and toolsets.
For current and aspiring product managers, this book explores:
- Real-world tactics for facilitating collaboration and communication
- How to talk to users and work with executives
- The importance of setting clear and actionable goals
- Using roadmaps to connect and align your team
- A values-first approach to implementing Agile practices
- Stories that convey realities of product management in the field
- Common behavioral traps that turn good product managers bad
The Agile movement provides real, actionable answers to the question that keeps many company leaders awake at night: How do we stay successful in a fast-changing and unpredictable world? Agile has already transformed how modern companies build and deliver software. This practical book demonstrates how entire organizations—from product managers and engineers to marketers and executives—can put Agile to work.
Author Matt LeMay explains Agile in clear, jargon-free terms and provides concrete and actionable steps to help any team put its values and principles into practice. Examples from a wide variety of organizations, including small nonprofits and global financial enterprises, bring to life the on-the-ground realities of Agile across industries and functions.
- Understand exactly what Agile is and why it matters
- Use Agile to address your organization’s specific needs and goals
- Take customer centricity from theory into practice
- Stop wasting time in "report and critique" meetings and start making better decisions
- Create a harmonious cycle of learning, collaborating, and delivering
- Learn from Agile experts at companies like IBM, Spotify, and Coca-Cola
Der Autor Matt LeMay erklärt "Agile" prägnant und ohne Jargon und liefert konkrete und umsetzbare Schritte, die jedem Team helfen, seine spezifischen Werte und Prinzipien in die Praxis umzusetzen. Beispiele aus einer Vielzahl von Organisationen, darunter kleine NGOs und globale Finanzunternehmen, lassen branchen- und funktionsübergreifend die grundlegenden Aspekte von Agilität lebendig werden.
- Verstehen Sie genau, was agiles Arbeiten auszeichnet und warum es wichtig ist
- Nutzen Sie "Agile", um die spezifischen Bedürfnisse und Ziele Ihres Unternehmens zu realisieren
- Setzen Sie die Theorie der Kundenorientierung in echte Praxis um
- Hören Sie auf, Zeit mit einer "Berichts- und Kritikkultur" zu verschwenden und fangen Sie an, bessere Entscheidungen zu treffen
- Schaffen Sie einen harmonischen Zyklus von Lernen, Zusammenarbeit und Auslieferung
- Lernen Sie von "Agile"-Experten in Unternehmen wie IBM, Spotify und Coca-Cola
O autor Matt LeMay explica o Agile com termos claros, sem jargões, e apresenta passos concretos, que podem ser colocados em ação, para ajudar qualquer equipe a colocar os valores e princípios Ágeis em prática. Exemplos de várias empresas, incluindo pequenas organizações sem fins lucrativos a corporações financeiras globais, dão vida às realidades concretas do Agile em diferentes mercados e áreas de atuação.
Entenda exatamente o que é o Agile e por que ele é importante.
Use o Agile para lidar com as necessidades e os objetivos específicos de sua empresa.
Leve a ideia de foco no cliente da teoria à prática.
Pare de perder tempo com reuniões para "informar e criticar" e comece a tomar decisões melhores.
Crie um ciclo harmonioso de aprendizado, colaboração e entrega.
Aprenda com especialistas em Agile, de empresas como IBM, Spotify e Coca-Cola.