Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Lisa Sabin-Wilson
Owner, Chief Operating Officer: WebDevStudios - enterprise level applications, design & development for WordPress.
I design because it makes me happy to create. I write because it makes me happy to share. Other than that? I breathe. I drink espresso. I love my family.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Lisa Sabin-Wilson
Set up your WordPress site today!
WordPress is a state-of-the-art blog publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. The latest version of WordPress.org will be replaced in the fall of 2018 with WordPress 5.0. This will include a major change with the addition of new editor Gutenberg.
Take your WordPress experience to the next level with the information packed inside this All-in-One. From the basics of setting up your account, to choosing a host and theme, to managing content with editor Gutenberg, to keeping your site secure, these 8 books of expert information will help you take the WordPress community by storm.
- Build your site foundation
- Choose a server
- Become a site admin pro
- Learn how to manage content using Gutenberg
Get ready to blog all about it!
Get to know WordPress with this simple and approachable reference
WordPress For Dummies, 9th Edition helps readers discover the power of the WordPress web content building tool. Web builders have created 75 million websites using WordPress and this book will show you how to add your blogs and websites to that count.
WordPress For Dummies, 9th Edition drops you right into the fast lane to publishing your first website or blog by teaching you to:
· Customize a theme
· Create your first post
· Use WordPress as a content management system
· Work with multimedia formats
· Add plugins to your site
· Establish a publishing routine
Perfect for new bloggers, experienced bloggers converting to WordPress for the first time, and people accustomed to WordPress who want to learn more about the full potential of the technology, WordPress for Dummies, 9th Edition is an indispensable addition to the library of every blogger and webmaster.
Are you familiar with the fundamentals of WordPress, but want to take your skills to the next level? From bestselling author and WordPress expert Lisa Sabin-Wilson, this new edition of WordPress Web Design For Dummies quickly gets you up to speed on the latest release of the software and shows you how to use it as a tool to create a customized, compelling, and cost-effective website—without losing your cool.
WordPress can be used to create a custom design for your website using complimentary technologies such as graphic design, CSS, HTML coding, PHP programming, and MySQL administration. With the help of this hands-on, friendly guide, you'll discover how to create an effective navigation system, choose the right color palette and fonts, and select different layouts. Plus, you'll find out how to tweak existing website designs with available themes, both free and premium, and gain the confidence to translate your design skills into paid work.
- Create dynamic, custom websites with the self-hosted version of WordPress
- Use free themes and enhance them with CSS and HTML
- Create a responsive design for mobile devices and tablet users
- Get to grips with the newest release of WordPress
Whether you want to use WordPress to spruce up your existing website or create a brand-new one from scratch, this do-it-yourself guide has you covered.
WordPress is among the most popular blogging platforms. If you're ready to start your WordPress blog, this handy e-book will get you going. It gets right to the point, showing you how to create a WordPress.com account, navigate WordPress.com and use the Dashboard, customize blog settings, use themes, organize your blog, and dress it up with widgets and upgrades. A special link to dummies.com provides additional information, including video tutorials that boost your blog IQ. Read it today and have your blog up and running tomorrow!
- This highly focused e-book gives you the straight line on setting up a blog using WordPress.com
- Walks you through creating your account, navigating WordPress.com and using the Dashboard, choosing a theme for your blog, customizing settings, and organizing your blog by categories
- Provides further materials, including video tutorials on establishing settings and privacy controls, plus step-by-step instructions for setting up your blog
Launch a WordPress.com Blog In A Day For Dummies is the quick and easy way to join the blogosphere with WordPress.com.
BuddyPress is a suite of free WordPress plugins and themes, each adding a distinct new feature. It contains all the features you would expect from WordPress, but it aims to let members socially interact. With this fun and friendly guide, you'll learn how to customize BuddyPress so that it matches the style of your Web site.
You'll walk through the necessary steps for modifying and customizing BuddyPress themes and you'll discover how to extend BuddyPress through the use of addons and plugins. With BuddyPress, you'll be well on your way to creating the ultimate user experience on your site.
- Shows you how to set up the WordPress foundation required to run BuddyPress
- Walks you through installing BuddyPress on a WordPress-powered site
- Explains the different BuddyPress components, including extended profiles, private messaging, friends, groups, the wire, activity streams, blog tracking, status updates, and more
- Details ways to troubleshoot BuddyPress once it is up and running
- Demonstrates how to extend BuddyPress through the use of addons and plugins
Bring all your social community subscriptions together in BuddyPress!