Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About June Gilbank
June Gilbank is a crochet pattern designer, writer, blogger, and multi-crafter. June taught herself to crochet when she moved from the United Kingdom to Canada in 2003, and she has since designed and published more than 250 unique nature-inspired crochet patterns at PlanetJune (www.planetjune.com). Her specialties are cute and realistic animal, plant, and seasonal amigurumi designs as well as elegant accessories that showcase the beauty and variety of crochet.
June studied science and math at university and has worked as a technical writer. She uses these skills on a daily basis to bring clarity and precision to her crochet patterns and tutorials.
June is the author of "Idiot's Guides: Crochet" (2014), "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Amigurumi" (2010) and "Paper Chains & Garlands" (2009), and has contributed articles and patterns to other books and magazines.
When she isn't crocheting, June enjoys exploring wildlife and nature, trying new crafts, and cozying up at home in Ontario, Canada with her husband Dave and their furbabies Maui and Maggie.
Customers Also Bought Items By
You'll be hooked on crocheting in no time!
Crocheting is one of the most popular crafts among people all ages, but if you've never picked up a hook before, it's hard to know where to begin. Geared for the absolute beginner, Idiot's Guides: Crochet teaches the basics of knitting:
Helpful full-color, step-by-step illustrations to help you clearly see how each stitch is executed.
Practice projects to test out your newly learned skills-from beginner to advanced.
Expert crochet advice on choosing the best yarns, how to hold your hook and yard, and how to quickly get started crocheting.
No matter your starting skill level, with Idiot's Guides: Crochet, you'll be making scarfs, blankets, coasters, shawls, and baskets in no time!
Whether you're an experienced crocheter or have never taken hook to yarn, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Amigurumi shows you everything you need to know to hook your own delightful amigurumi. This helpful guide includes:
- A primer on the yarn, hooks, and stitches best for amigurumi, plus fun embellishments you can use to personalize your ami.
- Easy-to-follow tutorials for getting started, increasing and decreasing, working in the round, changing colors, and more.
- Expert advice on adding eyes, hair, jointed limbs, clothes, and other fun accessories to your ami.
- Tips for following an amigurumi pattern, plus four start-to-finish patterns to give you a head-start on designing your own.
- A full-color insert with inspirational photos of the finished ami patterns featured in the book - and more!