Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
Customers Also Bought Items By
Learn how to use Autodesk Fusion 360 to digitally model your own original projects for a 3D printer or a CNC device. Fusion 360 software lets you design, analyze, and print your ideas. Free to students and small businesses alike, it offers solid, surface, organic, direct, and parametric modeling capabilities.
Fusion 360 for Makers is written for beginners to 3D modeling software by an experienced teacher. It will get you up and running quickly with the goal of creating models for 3D printing and CNC fabrication.
Inside Fusion 360 for Makers, you'll find:
Design from scratch or edit downloaded designs. Fusion 360 is an appropriate tool for beginners and experienced makers.
Already a common and popular tool for architects and landscape architects, SketchUp is increasingly finding a place in the professional workflow of interior designers. SketchUp for Interior Design is a practical introduction for interior designers and students who want to learn to use the software for their unique needs. The book covers the basics of creating 3D models before showing how to create space plans, model furniture, cabinetry, and accessories, experiment with colors and materials, incorporate manufacturers' models into project plans, and create final presentations and animated walk-throughs for clients. Each chapter includes clear explanations and helpful illustrations to make this an ideal introduction to the topic.
- Includes downloadable sample models and 39 tutorial videos
- Features sample questions and activities for instructors and additional online resources for students and self-learners
- Provides instruction on using SketchUp in both PC and Mac formats
Master the art of 3D printing with step-by-step tutorials and DIY projects
Are you ready to join the new industrial revolution? 3D Printing with Autodesk 123D, Tinkercad, and MakerBot reveals how to turn your ideas into physical products that you can use or sell! You'll learn how to operate powerful, free software from Autodesk and bring your creations to life with the MakerBot--a leading consumer printer--or an online service bureau.
Practical examples take you through the Design, Catch, Meshmixer, Tinkercad, Make, and CNC Utility apps, and the MakerBot Desktop. Fun projects, easy-to-follow instructions, and clear screenshots progress from installing the software to printing the design. Videos and digital files accompany this hands-on guide.
- Make your own creations with Design and Tinkercad
- Download editable, premade content
- Generate construction documents with the LayOut feature
- Create and edit a reality capture model with Catch
- Edit and mash up .stl files with Meshmixer
- Navigate the MakerBot Desktop
- Print the model on your own machine or with a service bureau
Learn to model, print, and fabricate your own 3D designs—all with no prior experience!
This easy-to-follow, fun guide is full of hands-on 3D printing projects that will inspire makers of all types, ages, and skill levels. The book features highly illustrated, DIY examples that show, step-by-step, how to put 3D printing technology to work in your own designs.
3D Printer Projects for Makerspaces starts with simple one-piece items and then gradually introduces more complex techniques to make solid, flexible, and multi-piece snap-together creations. Screenshots, diagrams, and source code are provided throughout. Projects include a key charm, topo map, Spirograph game, polygon hat, phone case—even a realistic model plane!
• Covers Autodesk Fusion, AutoCAD, Inkscape, SketchUp, Vetric Cut 2D, and more
• Shows how to use 3D analysis tools to save time and cut waste
• Written by a dedicated maker and college instructor
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Model and print your own 3D creations using SketchUp!
Get up and running fast in the consumer design and fabrication world using the hands-on information in this guide. 3D Printing and CNC Fabrication with SketchUp features step-by-step tutorials of fun and easy DIY projects. Learn how to create your own 3D models, edit downloaded models, make them printable, and bring them to physical life either on your own printer or through an online service bureau.
- Download and install SketchUp on your Mac or PC
- Navigate the interface and SketchUp’s native design tools
- Download design and analysis tools from the Extension Warehouse.
- Edit models downloaded from the 3D Warehouse and Thingiverse.
- Import and export STL files.
- Analyze your projects for 3D printability.
- Set up, use, and maintain a home 3D printer
- Work with AutoCAD, 123D Make, 123D Meshmixer, and Vetric Cut2D
- Generate files for CNC cutters
- Covers all aspects, from marriage and living on base to moving and deployments
- Includes sections on benefits, resources, and sound advice for a quality life in the service
- Tips on how to survive and prosper, including coping with periodic separations, managing a separate career, pursuing further education, handling finances, living overseas, raising a family, and enjoying the social aspects of military life