Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Amy Lawrence
Amy Lawrence, a writer based in Memphis, Tennessee, co-authored 'The Southern Vegetarian,' 'The Chubby Vegetarian,' and 'The Low-Carb Vegetarian' cookbooks with her husband, Justin Fox Burks. Their fourth cookbook is set to be released June 29, 2021. She's had short stories published in 'Seventeen' and 'Memphis Magazine'. For two years, she was the 'Dining Out' restaurant columnist for 'Memphis Magazine' and often writes about food and recipes. Along with Justin, she co-wrote the foreword for Marisa Bagget's cookbook 'Vegetarian Sushi Secrets'. With her husband Justin Fox Burks, she is the co-creator and editor of The Chubby Vegetarian blog, www.thechubbyvegetarian.com.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Limited carbs. Unlimited flavor—the complete vegetarian cookbook
Now you can enjoy hearty and heart-healthy meals in minutes. The Low-Carb Vegetarian Cookbook is the perfect way to feel full and lose weight while serving up scrumptious veggie dishes at home.
Featuring 100 quick, easy, and mouthwatering recipes like Avocado Almond Toast and Savory Cheesecake, this creative vegetarian cookbook will help guide you on your culinary adventure. Kick-start your low-carb meal plan today and start eating smarter, healthier, and happier in a snap.
The Low-Carb Vegetarian Cookbook contains:
- Low-carb delights abound—Enjoy hearty vegetarian cookbook recipes like Savory Mushroom Masala and Vegan Cheeseburger Salad.
- 14-day meal plan—Explore a sample two-week menu, including low-carb options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Pro diet tips—Get convenient, time-saving advice and simple strategies for satisfying cravings.
Stay carb-conscious and eat lots of oh so delicious dishes with this 100% vegetarian cookbook.
Enjoy tasty vegetarian meals for two with these easy recipes
With a colorful variety of crisp vegetables, savory cheeses, and meat-free proteins, vegetarian cuisine can be a pleasure worth enjoying with a partner. Whether you’re newlyweds, empty nesters, or just roommates sharing cooking duties, Vegetarian Cooking for Two is filled with perfectly portioned vegetarian recipes that make it simple to cook for a two-person household.
Vegetarian Cooking for Two includes:
- Guidance on cooking for two—Get advice for smart grocery shopping, meal planning for a pair, making the most of each ingredient, and more.
- Tailored recipes—These recipes use a limited number of familiar ingredients to help minimize grocery shopping costs, meal preparation time, and leftovers.
- Convenient recipe labels—Easily find which meals use just one pot, take 30 minutes or less to make, or require only 5 or fewer ingredients.
- Use-it-up suggestions—Explore creative uses for the few ingredients that inevitably leave some leftovers, such as granola, carrots, Greek yogurt, and more.
Discover the joy of meat-free cooking for two with easy vegetarian recipes.
Anyone not adequately acquainted with the South's true culinary terrain might struggle with the idea of a Southern vegetarian. Justin Fox Burks and Amy Lawrence turn that notion on its head by recasting garden bounty as the headlining act on a plate.
In a region distinguished by ideal growing conditions and generations of skilled farmers, Southern-style vegetarian cooking is not only possible but a pursuit brimming with vine-ripened possibility.
Grab a chair in Burks and Lawrence's kitchen and discover modern recipes that evoke the flavors of traditional Southern cooking.
The Southern Vegetarian Cookbook is filled with techniques, ingredients and dishes loved so dearly throughout the region including:
- Lemon Zest and Thyme Pimento Cheese,
- Grilled Watermelon and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette,
- Okra Fritters with Creole Mustard Sauce,
- Vegetarian Red Beans and Rice with Andouille Eggplant,
- Roast Beet Salad with Sea Salt Granola and Honey Tarragon Dressing,
- Grilled Peach Ice Cream and more!
Despite the stigma that the South is one big feast of meaty indulgence, Burks and Lawrence are adding health substance to the definition of Southern food.
Whether you're a devoted plant-eater or a steadfast omnivore, The Southern Vegetarian Cookbook will help you shift vegetables from the outskirts of your plate into main course position. Eating your vegetables has never been more delicious.