Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Toby Amidor
With over 18 years experience in the food and nutrition industry, Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN is a Wall Street Journal best-selling cookbook author, leading dietitian and recipe developer who believes that healthy and wholesome can also be appetizing and delicious.
Toby's latest cookbook SMART MEAL PREP FOR BEGINNERS Toby makes it easier than ever to start (and stick with) meal prep, so that you have ready-to-go healthy meals every day of the week. This meal prep cookbook goes beyond general meal prep guidance, and provides a 6-week plan to make a habit of meal prep and keep your fridge full. With specific, step-by-step instructions and meal prep plans that eliminate the guesswork of what to eat and for which meal, this cookbook is your kick-start guide to meal prep like a pro.
In her best-selling book, THE HEALTHY MEAL PREP COOKBOOK, Toby provides practical and simple solutions with easy to follow instructions. She shows you how simple it is to enjoy fresh and flavorful meals on even the most hectic days. Toby’s cookbook THE EASY 5-INGREDIENT HEALTHY COOKBOOK made The Wall Street Journal’s best seller list and showcases Toby’s simple and delicious cooking using 5 or fewer ingredients.
In her first book, THE GREEK YOGURT KITCHEN, Toby shows readers how to cut back on fat and calories without compromising flavor. She shares how Greek yogurt is one of today’s most versatile and nourishing ingredients and how it can be used in unexpected ways, making even the most bad-for-you foods healthier, tastier and more satisfying.
Toby is the founder of Toby Amidor Nutrition, where she provides nutrition and food safety consulting services for individuals, restaurants and food brands. For 10 years she has been the nutrition expert for FoodNetwork.com, writing for their Healthy Eats Blog, and is a regular contributor to U.S. News and World Report Eat + Run blog, and MensJournal.com and has her own “Ask the Expert” column in Today’s Dietitian Magazine. She also freelances for Sparkpeople.com among other publications, has been quoted in publications like FoxNews.com, Self.com, Oxygen Magazine, Dr. Oz The Good Life, Mic.com, Reader’s Digest, Shape.com, Women’s Health, Redbook, Men’s Journal, Huffington Post, Everyday Health, and more. Toby has also appears on television including shows like The Dr. Oz Show, AMHQ with Sam Champion, Good Day Street Talk Fox5 NY, and San Antonio Live. For the past 8 years she has been an adjunct professor at Teachers College, Columbia University and beginning in the fall 2017 she will also begin teaching as an adjunct at Hunter College in New York City.
Toby trained as a clinical dietitian at New York University. Previously, Toby was a consultant on Bobby Deen’s cooking show, “Not My Mama’s Meals.” Through ongoing consulting and faculty positions, she has established herself as one of the top experts in culinary nutrition, food safety, and media. In 2018, Toby was awarded by the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics the coveted Media Excellence Award.
Learn more about Toby on her website: www.tobyamidornutrition.com
Customers Also Bought Items By
Eat smarter and healthier with 100+ meal prep recipes and tips
Meal prep is a great way to save time and money with wholesome grab-n-go options for breakfast and lunch, and quick dinners you and your family will love. The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook introduces you to the benefits of meal prep with 2-week meal planning templates and shopping tips designed to meet specific nutritional goals:
- Clean eating—Learn how to make a week’s worth of well-balanced meals from a variety of food groups and minimal processed canned or frozen foods.
- Weight loss—The healthy, portion-controlled meals and snacks in these plans are filling, nutritious, and delicious, and having them on hand reduces the temptation for fast food quick fixes.
- Muscle building—Prep meals with the measured fat, carbs, and protein you need to fuel intensive strength training and build muscle.
This health-focused meal prep cookbook also includes additional food safety and storage guidelines to help you extend the shelf life of pre-prepared dishes and prevent food waste.
Order The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook today and always have enough time to eat right and eat well.
Easy recipes and weekly meal plans for nourishing, ready-to-go food
Preparing meals ahead of time means you never have to ask what’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In Smart Meal Prep for Beginners, prep expert Toby Amidor makes it easy to start (and stick with) a weekly meal prep routine. With these recipes and beginner plans, you’ll have delicious, healthy meals on hand every day—no takeout required!
- 6 weekly prep plans—Start simple with two recipes for the week, and work your way up to prepping breakfast, lunch, and dinner for every day.
- Meal prepping 101—Get the rundown on meal prep dos and don’ts, prep-day guidance, shopping lists, storage and reheating info, and more.
- Diet-friendly dishes—Find nutrition facts on every recipe, along with handy labels to point you to nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options.
Set yourself up for mealtime success, not stress, with Smart Meal Prep for Beginners.
Make healthy meals fast with just five ingredients
Getting balanced meals on the table during a busy day can be a challenge. Simplify your life with The Easy 5-Ingredient Healthy Cookbook. With more than 150 recipes that use only a handful of ingredients, you can create a wide variety of flavorful, nutritious meals. Plus, most recipes are ready in 30 minutes or require just one pot or pan―so you can eat healthy while keeping life simple.
Start by exploring the basics of fast and healthy cooking, including a rundown of pantry and kitchen staples, advice for meal planning, and guidelines for clean eating. Dive into the recipes with shopping tips and easy-to-find ingredient lists that won’t break the bank. With this healthy cookbook, you can find the perfect balance between saving time and providing nourishing food for yourself and your family.
- 5-Ingredient dishes—You’ll only need 5 primary ingredients to make each recipe, along with a short list of kitchen staples like olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh garlic.
- Healthy eating tips—Discover tons of tips for customizing recipes by swapping out ingredients, or build on the simple recipes for fancier variations when you have more time.
- Handy dietary labels—Recipes include nutrition breakdowns and are labeled for any special eating preferences, including gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, and vegan.
Serve up delicious, wholesome meals in a flash with this simple clean eating cookbook.
The Create-Your-Plate Diabetes Cookbook is the foolproof guide to diabetes meal planning you’ve been waiting for!
The Diabetes Plate Method is an effortless way to plan diabetes-friendly meals without any counting, measuring, tracking, or calculations—the only tool you need is a plate! Learn how to build perfectly-portioned meals with a healthy balance of vegetables, protein, and just the right amount of carbohydrates to manage diabetes and support a healthy lifestyle. With 125 mix-and-match recipes to choose from, you’ll never run out of ideas for easy, delicious meals the whole family will enjoy. You’ll find recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, such as:
- Avocado Toast with Turkey Bacon
- Mediterranean Stuffed Pitas
- Cinnamon Roasted Nuts
- Roasted Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce
- Sheet-Pan Chicken with Artichokes and Onions
- Weeknight Vegetable Stir Fry
More than just a cookbook, you’ll also find:
- A step-by-step guide to using the Diabetes Plate Method to plan perfectly-portioned, diabetes-friendly meals
- An introduction to cooking and eating well to manage diabetes and support heart health
- A one-week meal plan including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks plus over 15 additional sample plates
- Photos of sample plates to give you a visual guide to the Diabetes Plate Method approach to meal planning
Every recipe in this essential diabetes cookbook was designed to meet the nutrition guidelines of the American Diabetes Association, so you can create your plate with confidence knowing you’re preparing fun, flavorful, and nutritious meals. Whether you’re new to managing diabetes or prediabetes or are simply looking for a stress-free approach to healthy meal planning, this book is the first step on your journey to a healthier you!
Greek yogurt has quickly become America’s favorite health food, its tangy, luscious taste going far beyond a typical breakfast or simple snack. Thanks to its health benefits, this power food has become a staple. Greek yogurt’s protein quantity builds muscles and regulates metabolism and the probiotics help maintain a healthy digestive tract and boost the immune system. Greek yogurt is also an excellent source of calcium and very low in sodium—and it’s lactose-intolerant friendly, too! Why wouldn’t you want it in every meal?
Now, in The Greek Yogurt Kitchen, nutrition expert Toby Amidor shows readers how to cut back on fat and calories without compromising flavor. She shares how to use this most versatile and healthful ingredient in unexpected ways, making even the most bad-for-you foods healthier, tastier, and more satisfying. Recipes include:
—Lemon-Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
—Herbed Goat Cheese and Red Pepper Crostini
—White Margarita Pizza
—Spiced Chocolate Cupcakes
“I love Greek yogurt and love even more what Toby has done with it! These recipes are creative, flavorful, and a lot of fun. Now you can enjoy your favorite dishes using a newer, healthier approach to cooking.” —Rocco DiSpirito, #1 New York Times–bestselling author of the Rocco’s Healthy & Delicious
“These inspiring recipes prove this well-loved, healthy ingredient more versatile than you ever imagined. It’s official. In Toby’s hands Greek yogurt makes everything better!” —Ellie Krieger, MS RDN, New York Times–bestselling and James Beard Award–winning author of Weeknight Wonders