Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Ian Ozsvald
Ian is a Chief Data Scientist and Coach, he co-organises the annual PyDataLondon conference with 700+ attendees and the associated 11,000+ member monthly meetup. He runs the established Mor Consulting Data Science consultancy in London, gives conference talks internationally often as keynote speaker and is the author of the bestselling O'Reilly book High Performance Python (2nd edition). He has 17 years of experience as a senior data science leader, trainer and team coach. For fun he's walked by his high-energy Springer Spaniel, surfs the Cornish coast and drinks fine coffee. Past talks and articles can be found at: https://ianozsvald.com/
Customers Also Bought Items By
Your Python code may run correctly, but you need it to run faster. Updated for Python 3, this expanded edition shows you how to locate performance bottlenecks and significantly speed up your code in high-data-volume programs. By exploring the fundamental theory behind design choices, High Performance Python helps you gain a deeper understanding of Python’s implementation.
How do you take advantage of multicore architectures or clusters? Or build a system that scales up and down without losing reliability? Experienced Python programmers will learn concrete solutions to many issues, along with war stories from companies that use high-performance Python for social media analytics, productionized machine learning, and more.
- Get a better grasp of NumPy, Cython, and profilers
- Learn how Python abstracts the underlying computer architecture
- Use profiling to find bottlenecks in CPU time and memory usage
- Write efficient programs by choosing appropriate data structures
- Speed up matrix and vector computations
- Use tools to compile Python down to machine code
- Manage multiple I/O and computational operations concurrently
- Convert multiprocessing code to run on local or remote clusters
- Deploy code faster using tools like Docker