Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Pamela Ellgen
Pamela Ellgen is the author of more than a dozen cookbooks, including the bestselling 5-Ingredient College Cookbook, The Gluten-Free Cookbook for Families, and The Big Dairy Free Cookbook. Her work has been featured in Outside Magazine, TODAY food, Healthline, Huffington Post, Edible Phoenix, Darling Magazine, and The Portland Tribune. Pamela lives in Santa Barbara, California.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Pamela Ellgen
The Slow Cooker Cookbook Just for the Two of You
Cooking for two has never been easier. The Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook for Two makes every meal a breeze with healthy, low-effort options. Minestrone Soup, Tofu Stir-Fry, Chicken Tikka Masala, and more—these irresistible slow cooker dishes take just 15 minutes or less to prep.
Each recipe in this slow cooker cookbook comes complete with detailed nutritional information and helpful labels to let you know if it’s heart healthy, diabetes friendly, or gluten-free. In addition, these recipes feature handy tips for adjusting ingredients to avoid things like allergens and glutens.
The Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook for Two includes:
- Healthy Recipes for Two—Forget about takeout thanks to 100+ scrumptious recipes perfectly proportioned for two.
- Fast and Easy Prep—Discover the joy of fix-and-forget cooking with this slow cooker cookbook’s recipes that take 15 minutes or less to prepare.
- Tips to Spice it Up—Get substitution and serving ideas that make it easy to modify recipes so you can keep them fresh.
Enjoy easy, at-home meals with the Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook for Two.
No-Fail Gluten-Free Bread Baking is your go-to guide for fool proof, everyday recipes with the taste and feel of real wheat bread.
Baking the perfect loaf of gluten-free bread is tricky. But before you make another dud recipe or give up entirely, raise your expectations—you are going to make really good bread. With the No-Fail Gluten-Free Bread Baking cookbook, you can forget about your failed attempts, and finally fill your kitchen with the aroma of freshly baked bread that is truly gluten-free.
From classic sandwich breads to bagels to pizza crust, this gluten-free cookbook provides you with fool-proof techniques and recipes to make gluten-free bread with the texture and taste of traditional bread. Complete with recipe tutorials and a troubleshooting guide for common gluten-free baking problems, No-Fail Gluten-Free Bread Baking is your answer to making bread that rises with your expectations.
No-Fail Gluten-Free Bread Baking eliminates the uncertainty of gluten-free baking with:
- Recipe Tutorials that provide detailed, step-by-step guidance on how to make your first loaves of classic sandwich bread, French baguette, dinner rolls, artisan pizza crust, and banana bread
- A No-Fail Guide for troubleshooting the most common mistakes in gluten-free baking
- Over 50 Recipes for sandwich breads, artisan breads, rolls, bagels, flatbreads, pizza, quick breads, and sweetbreads
No-Fail Gluten-Free Bread Baking helps you avoid common mistakes in gluten-free baking with tried-and-tested recipes for bread that you won’t believe is actually gluten-free.
A low carb cookbook with high-speed recipes the whole family will love.
Featuring 100 recipes you can prepare in less than half an hour, The 30-Minute Low-Carb Cookbook is your first stop on the path to healthier eating for life. Delicious enough for non-dieters, these hearty favorites will be dinnertime—or anytime—hits with partners, kids, guests, and more.
You don’t need to be a pro chef, either. These simple options come with equally easy step-by-step instructions. And because each one goes from page to table faster than a pizza can be delivered; weeknight takeout is a thing of the past.
This low carb cookbook includes:
- Favorites reinvented—Discover how to make low carb variations of dishes you love, instead of giving them up for good.
- Everything you need—Find the total carbs, net carbs, and calories for every dish, along with lists of the basic kitchen tools and the 10 ingredients you should always have on hand.
- Nothing you don’t—This low carb cookbook brings you dishes made with affordable, accessible ingredients—no venturing out to multiple grocery stores to track down specialty items.
Better eating is easier with the low carb cookbook that has the simplicity and variety you’ll love.
Comforting, slow cooker soup to fill your bowl and warm the soul
Good cooking doesn’t always require tons of gadgets or exotic ingredients, and sometimes the most comforting meal of all is a steaming bowl of homemade soup. This soup cookbook combines the coziness of a cup of soup with the hands-off convenience of a slow cooker, brimming with wholesome recipes that can simmer all day and be ready to welcome you home.
This soup cookbook covers the ins and outs of making soup, complete with kitchen essentials, storing and reheating tips, and troubleshooting for soups gone wrong. Then, ladle your way through 75 step-by-step soup and stew recipes, including bonus recipes for deliciously easy accompaniments to create a well-rounded full-course meal.
This soup cookbook includes:
- Fast prep, slow cooked—Warm up with the easy recipes in this soup cookbook, requiring 15 minutes or less of prep. Then, set it and forget it.
- Soup-er easy recipes—From broths and stocks to chilis and chowders to hearty stews and beyond, this soup cookbook offers a wide range of classic and creative recipes made with healthy, whole foods.
- On the side—Get recipes in this soup cookbook for perfectly paired sides to compliment your soup, such as Sourdough Asiago Grilled Cheese, Kale Salad, Tropical Fruit Salad, and Red Cabbage Slaw.
Savor a spoonful of slow-cooked comfort without the mess or stress with this slow cooker soup cookbook.
Named one of the "Best Gluten-Free Cookbooks of the Year" by Healthline.com
Cooking for a family with varying dietary restrictions can be a challenge―especially if one of the restrictions is gluten, which is in many of our favorite foods. It's easy to find yourself cooking one thing for your gluten-free eater and another for everyone else. And it's even easier to find yourself giving in to those expensive, processed foods in the gluten-free aisle of your grocery store.
Pamela Ellgen is all too familiar with this story. As a wife and the mother of two boys, one of whom eats a gluten-free diet, she knows firsthand the stress that comes with cooking for multiple diets. As a food blogger, certified personal trainer, and author of the bestselling Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook,she knows that for every dietary restriction there's the perfect dietary solution.
In The Gluten-Free Cookbook for Families Pamela shares her family-friendly, gluten-free solutions with you! Enjoy the simple, healthy, budget-friendly recipes in this gluten-free cookbook that meet your gluten-free eater's dietary needs while meeting everyone's craving for scrumptious home cooking.
- No time? No worries! The recipes in this gluten-free cookbook can be made in 30 minutes or less.
- From breakfast, lunch, and dinner to sides, sauces, and snacks―you'll never be without options with 150 tasty gluten-free recipes to choose from.
- Where there's one dietary restriction there's likely more. This gluten-free cookbook provides multiple substitutions for avoiding the Big 8 allergens.
- Nearly all recipes can be made with your basic kitchen appliances using everyday ingredients.
- Special recipes that require ingredients that are more expensive than others, but worth it for special occasions, are clearly labeled "Splurge-Worthy."
"A veteran of the gluten-free diet, Pamela takes the mystery out of gluten-free cooking and infuses it with flavor."—Alice Bast, CEO of Beyond Celiac
The Gluten-Free Cookbook for Families is your essential resource for serving quick, healthy, affordable, gluten-free meals that offer the variety and flavors your family will love.
Superfoods for super soups—complete nutrition in a bowl
Spoon more health into your everyday diet with 75 flavorful soups simmering with leafy greens, nuts, berries, and other superfoods you can find at your local supermarket. These vibrant and nutritious recipes are simple to put together and make it easy to get full servings of fruits and veggies.
Learn to make 8 different superfood soup bases and how to mix them with endless combinations of superfoods and seasoning to create wholesome meals that your whole family will love.
Serving soups made with superfoods is a snap, thanks to:
- Variety, the spice of life—Stir up everything from simple broth to hearty chili, with options that are vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
- The stars of the show—The health benefits of each superfood ingredient take center stage in every recipe.
- A superpowered pantry—Go beyond just produce with tips for stocking up on the superfoods found in dry ingredients, oils, herbs, spices, and even canned goods.
Slurp up all the nourishing benefits of superfoods in these delicious, homemade soups.
From the creators of the New York Times bestseller Paleo Slow Cooker comes a collection of slow cooker recipes that offer affordable, convenient meals without artificial additives or processed foods. Eat only the most delicious, nourishing ingredients and follow simple, fix-and-forget meal preparations with The Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook.
• 150 healthy twists on slow cooker classics like Cheese Fondue, Texas-Style Pulled Pork, and Sage and Pumpkin Mac ‘n’ Cheese
• “Fix-and-forget” recipes that require less than 15 minutes of prep time and no interruptions in the cooking process
• Helpful tips and tricks for cooking with fresh, whole food ingredients, including delicate herbs and seafood
• Nutritional information to help you keep track of calories, fat, protein, carbs, sugar, and sodium
• Recipe tips that highlight ingredients that pack a nutritional punch, like coconut oil, kale, and more
Giving up dairy doesn’t mean giving up your favorite foods. See for yourself how easy and enjoyable dairy free can really be with 150+ recipes in The Big Dairy Free Cookbook.
Most of us don’t realize how much dairy we consume until faced with eliminating it from our diet—and successful dairy free recipes require more than just swapping out the milk, butter, cheeses, or creams. With The Big Dairy Free Cookbook you’ll learn how to prepare dairy free versions of your favorite dishes without losing the delicious flavors and textures you love.
- More than 150 recipes take a fresh approach to eating dairy free so you can enjoy favorites such as Mac 'n' Cheese and Spinach-Artichoke Dip, as well as creative dishes like Pistachio and Herb “Goat” Cheese
- Easy-to-understand guidance explains what it means to go “dairy free” without getting overly complicated or scientific
- Innovative meal-making tips for preparing dairy free dishes from around the world, as well as options for cooking with other food allergies in mind
Whether you’re allergic to milk, lactose intolerant, or food sensitive, The Big Dairy Free Cookbook will make dairy free living simple, stress-free, and absolutely delicious.
Connecting the lower spine to the hips and legs, a strong and flexible psoas muscle is vital for everyday movements like walking, bending and reaching, as well as athletic endeavors like jumping for a ball, holding a yoga pose and swinging a golf club. With targeted information and exercises, this book’s step-by-step program guarantees you’ll transforms this vulnerable muscle, including:
Packed with 100s of step-by-step photos and clear, concise instructions, Psoas Strength and Flexibility features workouts for toning the muscle as well as rehabbing from injury. And each program is based on simple matwork exercises that require minimal or no equipment.
More than 100 tasty and affordable 5-ingredient recipes for busy college students
College students don’t typically have a ton of time, money, or kitchen space to get fancy with their meals, which means good and cheap is the name of the game. This college cookbook makes it easy for students to prepare fresh, tasty, healthy meals for themselves on a budget, with more than 100 recipes that only take 30 minutes to throw together, and only require 5 main ingredients.
Upgrade from fast food and microwave dinners with a college cookbook that features:
- 5 ingredients, 30 minutes, 100 recipes—Learn simple and fast ways to throw together dozens of favorites like Classic French Toast, Vegan Enchiladas, Greek Pita Sandwiches, Thai Chicken Ramen, and more.
- Kitchen basics—Brush up on fundamental cooking skills with an easy cookbook that includes tips and tricks on everything from using knives to storing veggies.
- A wide variety—Most of these student-approved recipes also include 3 alternate versions to keep things interesting and accommodate every taste.
Equip students with a college cookbook that makes it fun and accessible to cook fresh food for themselves—in college and for life.
The wildly popular Instant Pot has made cooking delicious meals quicker and easier than ever. However, you still need to prepare the food that goes into your Instant Pot. This book shows how to create pre-prepped, mason-jar-filled entrees that make meal time as easy as 1-2-3: dump the jar’s pre-measured contents into your Instant Pot, add water, and pressure cook. It’s easier than microwave mac and cheese but way better tasting and far more healthy.
The Instant Pot Meals in a Jar Cookbook offers a wide selection of meals in a jar, including breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts. It details the specific meal prep needed to stock your pantry with mason jars full of all-natural foods that are ready to cook at a moment’s notice. There are also recipes that include combining the shelf-stable meal in a jar with fresh vegetables or meats from your fridge for an even more delicious entree that still requires almost zero meal-time work.
Officially authorized by Instant Pot, this book will help you get the most out of your pressure cooker. With Instant Pot-specific techniques and step-by-step instructions, anyone can make delicious meals in a jar to store or gift.
You know to avoid gluten. But gluten is just the most well-known source of the plant-based protein called lectin, which causes inflammation, weight gain and serious diseases. And while it isn’t possible to eliminate lectin from your diet altogether, with smart food choices, you can eat healthy while greatly reducing how much lectin you consume.
This easy-to-use cookbook features 150 recipes that are not only nutrition packed and great tasting, but carefully avoid foods that are particularly high in lectin, including legumes, grains, dairy and nightshade plants such as tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant. The recipes include:
• Cilantro Ginger Chicken
• Coconut Shrimp
• Peppercorn Beef and Broccoli
• Smoky Sweet Potato Soup
• Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
• Maple Chocolate Torte
• Parsnip Fries with Hazelnut Picada