Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Jonathan Weissman
Follow Jonathan S. Weissman:
Jonathan S. Weissman is a senior lecturer (Department of Computing Security) at Rochester Institute of Technology, where he was awarded the RIT Outstanding Teaching Award in 2014, the RIT GCCIS Outstanding Educator Award in 2018, and RIT Distinguished Teacher Recognition Program Honors in 2019. Weissman developed and teaches three courses for the edX RITx Cybersecurity MicroMasters program to more than 300,000 students worldwide.
Weissman is also a tenured associate professor and Networking and Cybersecurity program coordinator (Department of Computing Sciences) at Finger Lakes Community College, where he was awarded the SUNY (State University of New York) Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2021.
All in all, Weissman is the recipient of 10 teaching honors and awards. Weissman began his teaching career in 2001, and has taught more than 50 graduate and undergraduate courses, which include networking, cybersecurity, systems administration, cryptography, ethical hacking/pentesting, digital forensics, malware reverse engineering, programming, scripting, web design, database design, computer organization and architecture, operating system design, and many more. In addition to his two full-time teaching appointments, Weissman teaches part-time at Syracuse University (Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science) and Nazareth College (School of Business and Leadership).
Weissman is the author of Principles of Computer Security: CompTIA Security+ and Beyond Lab Manual, and is also the co-author of Mike Meyers’ CompTIA Network+ Guide to Managing & Troubleshooting Lab Manual, (Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Editions) and Mike Meyers’ CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport, (Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh Editions). He serves as technical editor for many industry textbooks.
Furthermore, Weissman is a networking and cybersecurity consultant for local businesses and individuals. Weissman regularly appears on TV news and talk radio, and in articles, as a networking and cybersecurity expert. Additionally, he presents at conferences and in webinars, runs workshops, and appears in podcasts.
Weissman has a master’s degree in Computer Science from Brooklyn College and holds 44 industry certifications, including CCNP Enterprise, Cisco Certified Specialist - Enterprise Core, Cisco Certified Specialist - Enterprise Advanced Infrastructure Implementation, CCNA Security, CCNA, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Server+, EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker, EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator, and IPv6 Forum Certified Network Engineer (Gold), among many others.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Practice the Skills Essential for a Successful Career in Cybersecurity!
This hands-on guide contains more than 90 labs that challenge you to solve real-world problems and help you to master key cybersecurity concepts. Clear, measurable lab results map to exam objectives, offering direct correlation to Principles of Computer Security: CompTIA Security+™ and Beyond, Sixth Edition (Exam SY0-601). For each lab, you will get a complete materials list, step-by-step instructions and scenarios that require you to think critically. Each chapter concludes with Lab Analysis questions and a Key Term quiz. Beyond helping you prepare for the challenging exam, this book teaches and reinforces the hands-on, real-world skills that employers are looking for.
In this lab manual, you’ll gain knowledge and hands-on experience with
- Linux systems administration and security
- Reconnaissance, social engineering, phishing
- Encryption, hashing
- OpenPGP, DNSSEC, TLS, SSH
- Hacking into systems, routers, and switches
- Routing and switching
- Port security, ACLs
- Password cracking
- Cracking WPA2, deauthentication attacks, intercepting wireless traffic
- Snort IDS
- Active Directory, file servers, GPOs
- Malware reverse engineering
- Port scanning
- Packet sniffing, packet crafting, packet spoofing
- SPF, DKIM, and DMARC
- Microsoft Azure, AWS
- SQL injection attacks
- Fileless malware with PowerShell
- Hacking with Metasploit and Armitage
- Computer forensics
- Google hacking
- Policies, ethics, and much more
Bestselling certification author and CompTIA training expert Mike Meyers updates his CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport to give you concise, focused coverage of the new 2015 exam.
In Mike Meyers’ CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport, Fifth Edition, the #1 name in professional certification provides you with an intensive focus only on what you need to know to pass CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-006, the latest exam release. The book is completely revised to cover the 2015 exam objectives. New topics include convergence (video and teleconferencing over networks); cloud and virtualization technologies; enhanced networking security concepts; and industry standards and best practices.
The Passport series provides an accelerated review and exam preparation for CompTIA Network+ candidates. In addition, Mike Meyers guides you on your career path, providing expert tips and sound advice along the way. Electronic content includes a test engine with two complete practice exams, Mike's favorite freeware and shareware networking tools, and a video introduction to CompTIA Network+.
- A low-priced quick review guide for CompTIA Network+, the leading vendor-neutral networking certification
- CompTIA reviewed and approved: CAQC (CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum)
- Electronic content includes Total Seminar's Total Tester exam simulator with 200+ practice exam questions, a new collection of Mike's favorite shareware and freeware networking tools and utilities
Practice the Skills Essential for a Successful IT Career
Mike Meyers’ CompTIA Network+ Guide to Managing and Troubleshooting Networks Lab Manual, Fourth Edition features:
- 80+ lab exercises challenge you to solve problems based on realistic case studies
- Lab analysis tests measure your understanding of lab results
- Step-by-step scenarios require you to think critically
- Key term quizzes help build your vocabulary
Get complete coverage of key skills and concepts, including:
- Network architectures
- Cabling and topology
- Ethernet basics
- Network installation
- TCP/IP applications and network protocols
- Network naming
- Advanced networking devices
- Remote connectivity
- Wireless networking
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Network operations
- Managing risk
- Network security
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting
Instructor resources available:
- This lab manual supplements the textbook Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Guide to Managing and Troubleshooting Networks, Fourth Edition (Exam N10-006), which is available separately
- Solutions to the labs are not printed in the book and are only available to adopting instructors